The results of mouth breathing are too brutal

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
So I'm out with friends from my class rn and we're all going to this restaurant and eating pizza, it amazes me how craniofacially deformed most of them are, we're a computer science class. Crooked, long noses, narrow faces, long faces, weak Jaws and chins, high gonial angles, it's fucking insane. I used to think it was all genetics and how this was all cope but they literally ALL mouthbreathe while in front of their computer. ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Only 1 kid who doesn't with me excluded and he has a good midface, pronounced chin etc and would be rated 6.5 here.

Never let your children play videogames, make them go outside instead and be healthy. Videogames are the devil.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 10987, stuckneworleans and 19 others
Videogames are the devil.
giphy.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: toolateforme, kramer, Deleted member 2227 and 2 others
It’s true, the average facial structure of western people is horrible, no wonder so many need braces. I remember reading an article claiming around 50% of German kids need or have braces.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: stuckneworleans, IndianJock, jordanbarrettisgod and 5 others
its over for many cscels

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2756 and Deleted member 685

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: poonkiller9000, prgfromnl, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
I wish my parents have taught me not to mouthbreath earlier. I always had allergies, and my nose was blocked off. Too late.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125, stuckneworleans, Deleted member 3583 and 4 others
I love dogs, and to much lesser extent cats, but there won't be one in my household anymore simply so as to avoid having my son develop allergies. If we ever get a dog, hes staying outside, in a fucking doghouse or out in the elements, like a dog should be. Forget that first world pseudochild replacement shit with them living in the house and sleeping in your bed. Nope.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125, stuckneworleans, middayshowers and 3 others
Mse will definitly fix the width of the maxilla.

With a Facepulling device used at the same time anchored to the MSE, you will definitly get some good forward movement of the maxilla, BUT NOT any CCW rotation, it's impossible, you need to pull downward. Will improve the nose, paranasal area, cheekbones (So probably the eyes also), also, mandible will be able to jut more forward. But yes we will never entirely fix the damages made.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting and Deleted member 685
Mse will definitly fix the width of the maxilla.

With a Facepulling device used at the same time anchored to the MSE, you will definitly get some good forward movement of the maxilla, BUT NOT any CCW rotation, it's impossible, you need to pull downward. Will improve the nose, paranasal area, cheekbones (So probably the eyes also), also, mandible will be able to jut more forward. But yes we will never entirely fix the damages made.
Downward? I heard @CopeAndRope say it should be upward

Downward? I heard @CopeAndRope say it should be upward

https://looksmax.org/threads/why-mse-along-facepulling-will-probably-result-in-shitty-results.68060/ (Btw, I don't think anymore the procedure will lead to so shitty results.)

You should check this thread, the angle of pulling and effects have been discussed.

Won Moon, the creator of MSE and the one that had the idea of coupling facemask with his device definitly think that we should pull at an angle below the occlusal plane.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Even though I was always going to be a manlet, I wish I played more sports in highschool. I had the talent and I made it on the football team without any real struggle. I was just lazy and wanted to keep playing video games like a fucking loser. I acted like a loser until I became one. :feelsbadman:

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 685
https://looksmax.org/threads/why-mse-along-facepulling-will-probably-result-in-shitty-results.68060/ (Btw, I don't think anymore the procedure will lead to so shitty results.)

You should check this thread, the angle of pulling and effects have been discussed.

Won Moon, the creator of MSE and the one that had the idea of coupling facemask with his device definitly think that we should pull at an angle below the occlusal plane.
Wouldn't it make my midface longer?

Wtf I played videogames for like 6 hours a day for years and I have a midface ratio of 1 so bullshit theory

Also I mouth breathed a shitton

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and hebbewem
Bro i didnt come out deformed and all i did was play games

Wtf I played videogames for like 6 hours a day for years and I have a midface ratio of 1 so bullshit theory

Also I mouth breathed a shitton
You're one in a thousand mate, it's still a known fact mouthbreathing degenerates the face and I'd have to see your face to judge

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and poonkiller9000
I WISH MY PARENTS HAD TOLD ME ABOUT MEWING :rage:🤬

MY LIFE COULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125 and Deleted member 685
So I'm out with friends from my class rn and we're all going to this restaurant and eating pizza, it amazes me how craniofacially deformed most of them are, we're a computer science class. Crooked, long noses, narrow faces, long faces, weak Jaws and chins, high gonial angles, it's fucking insane. I used to think it was all genetics and how this was all cope but they literally ALL mouthbreathe while in front of their computer. ALMOST ALL OF THEM. Only 1 kid who doesn't with me excluded and he has a good midface, pronounced chin etc and would be rated 6.5 here.

Never let your children play videogames, make them go outside instead and be healthy. Videogames are the devil.
Thanks Good Dear Lord i never mouthbreathed, and when kid i played tons of videogames, PS2 was the king

But i endorse making your kids go outside, it's less chance for mouthbreathing. Also play sports, you can't be incel forum poster being good at sports, unless ofc the aura from here sway you and you like it

Also it's indeed genes, but looks are both genetic and environmental. Environment in most cases won't bring you more looks if it's correct, but if it's wrong it will rip yours in the MIDDLE

• +1
I HAVE A SEVerely CROOKED SEPTUM BUT STILL Breathed THROUGH MY NOSE ALL THE TIME!

wtf r u doing if you dont have good posture and practice hardmew in chintuck 24/7.
look at my face structure compared to u mouthbreathing bad posture fools.
disgusting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Elias
Videogames are good for subhumans.

• +1
Reactions: Kade
Imagine mouth breathing lol. Even when I would mouth breathe in sports as a kid or in the winter sleeping it was like 1 mm of space just so I could breathe through mouth and nose when tired. Like I can’t imagine having my mouth hanging open during the day

It’s true, the average facial structure of western people is horrible, no wonder so many need braces. I remember reading an article claiming around 50% of German kids need or have braces.

Mouth breathing pill is brutal

• +1
S4rwfrS

this will be them after 19 when they still haven't touched a girl.

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 7125, Tiddlywink, kramer and 3 others

You ever stop to think that people with narrow faces and small jaws have less room to breathe through their nose and so mouth-breathe BECAUSE of their small jaws?

Mouth breathing does not deform people’s faces to any substantial degree. Maybe a little bit.

Vertical maxillary excess is a HUGELY genetic trait. Almost any person I see with “gummy smiles” on Instagram has a mother or father with the exact same gummy smile.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: crosshold, Iamthewalrus01 and Deleted member 685
You ever stop to think that people with narrow faces and small jaws have less room to breathe through their nose and so mouth-breathe BECAUSE of their small jaws?

Mouth breathing does not deform people’s faces to any substantial degree. Maybe a little bit.

Are you saying that if all the mouth breathers in your class breathed through their noses during development they’d all be business majors part-time and on the football team instead of computer science nerds?

The same genetics that gave your classmates their small jaws is the same genetics that gave them the propensity to be interested in computer science.
Its not genetics

Strawman fighting at its finest

Vertical maxillary excess is a HUGELY genetic trait. Almost any person I see with “gummy smiles” on Instagram has a mother or father with the exact same gummy smile.
There was literally a study done where they sealed the nasal airway of apes where they developed longer faces and narrow palates, your logic is flawed

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans and SayNoToRotting
Its not genetics

Strawman fighting at its finest

Look at Mitch Marner the hockey player. Compare his gummy smile to his mother and brother. All 3 have gummy smiles. This is very typical.

You think a family that raised a kid who wasn’t even genetically gifted in the slightest to make the NHL would have let his allergies/ mouth breathing go untreated? Come on...

I see so many people IRL who have gummy smiles and their kids who are maybe 3 years old already have it as well.

Stop coping with this Mike Mew crap. It’s genetics. Sorry.
[QUOTE="Gudru, post: 1265273, member: It's
There was literally a study done where they sealed the nasal airway of apes where they developed longer faces and narrow palates, your logic is flawed
[/QUOTE]

Ok so you’re saying your genetics were such that your cat allergies were so bad, so vicious, that breathing through your nose was like having it sealed off and so you had no choice but to mouth breathe?

You wouldn’t have survived 10,000 years ago then.

Chad is not allergic to cats.

Attachments

• F3E34787-928B-4689-9DDC-5D3642216926.jpeg
    F3E34787-928B-4689-9DDC-5D3642216926.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568 and Deleted member 2227
Look at Mitch Marner the hockey player. Compare his gummy smile to his mother and brother. All 3 have gummy smiles. This is very typical.

You think a family that raised a kid who wasn’t even genetically gifted in the slightest to make the NHL would have let his allergies/ mouth breathing go untreated? Come on...

I see so many people IRL who have gummy smiles and their kids who are maybe 3 years old already have it as well.

You have nothing to feel sorry for cause all the stuff you said is BS, it doesn't work like that when you talk to me. Literally all you stated was a shitty anecdote when there's a litany of studies on this and the negative effects of mouthbreathing. The funny thing is even if it didn't cause craniofacial deformities it'd still be considered bad because of the other known negative side effects. Oh and a gummy smile isn't necessarily associated with a longer face cause elongation doesn't just happen at the alveolar ridge

[QUOTE="Gudru, post: 1265273, member: It's

Ok so you’re saying your genetics were such that your cat allergies were so bad, so vicious, that breathing through your nose was like having it sealed off and so you had no choice but to mouth breathe?

Literally wtf is this example lmfao? That's not how habitual breathing works and that has to be the most confusing shit I've read this day

Last edited:
You have nothing to feel sorry for cause all the stuff you said is BS, it doesn't work like that when you talk to me. Literally all you stated was a shitty anecdote when there's a litany of studies on this and the negative effects of mouthbreathing. The funny thing is even if it didn't cause craniofacial deformities it'd still be considered bad because of the other known negative side effects. Oh and a gummy smile isn't necessarily associated with a longer face cause elongation doesn't just happen at the alveolar ridge

Literally wtf is this example lmfao? That's not how habitual breathing works
Ok maybe I’m wrong. Educate me on how elongation can happen from mouth breathing that isn’t necessarily associated with a vertical lengthening of the maxilla.

Ok maybe I’m wrong. Educate me on how elongation can happen from mouth breathing that isn’t necessarily associated with a vertical lengthening of the maxilla.
That wasn't my point, I said gummmy smiles can be genetic but elongation doesn't JUST happen at that area and gummy smiles aren't just something related to mouthbreathing in the first place (if it even is)

Last edited:
Maxilla grows downward if you dont support it with your tongue

• +1
That's not how it works, you were the one saying it's all genetics. The burder on proof is one you since you were the one to respond to my thread and make such a weird claim

The proof is using my eyes IRL to see that VME runs in families. I’m much more inclined to believe it is genetic than to say that these families don’t know how to properly treat allergies for generations on end.

Especially successful, wealthy, high end families with good, perfectionistic parents who do everything right nutritionally for their kids, very attuned to them, their needs, their medical needs,etc. Still there are gummy smiles. Am I to believe they refused to get rid of a cat who was causing severe mucosal build up in their child’s sinuses?

it’s certainly possible I guess.. but it doesn’t make sense to me.

And maxillary elongation very commonly causes elongation and narrowing of the face. It’s actually part and parcel of LFS.
Maxilla grows downward if you dont support it with your tongue
I know but I think he’s saying VME doesn’t mean long face because elongation can happen elsewhere. Not sure what he means by this.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
The proof is using my eyes IRL to see that VME runs in families. I’m much more inclined to believe it is genetic than to say that these families don’t know how to properly treat allergies for generations on end.

Especially successful, wealthy, high end families with good, perfectionistic parents who do everything right nutritionally for their kids, very attuned to them, their needs, their medical needs,etc. Still there are gummy smiles. Am I to believe they refused to get rid of a cat who was causing severe mucosal build up in their child’s sinuses?

it’s certainly possible I guess.. but it doesn’t make sense to me.

And maxillary elongation very commonly causes elongation and narrowing of the face. It’s actually part and parcel of LFS.

I know but I think he’s saying VME doesn’t mean long face because elongation can happen elsewhere. Not sure what he means by this.
That's not what I meant I said VME isn't something that just happens around the alveolar ridge. And you realize anecdotes aren't proof right? When I tell you I see alot of unicorns outside but lack any type of PROOF to provide, it's meaningless. Which in your case, it is. Purely anecdotal and hypothetical.

I already knew maxillary elongation causes it which I never argued against, you're fighting a strawman.

Going outside can boost your T as well

That's not what I meant I said VME isn't something that just happens around the alveolar ridge. And you realize anecdotes aren't proof right? When I tell you I see alot of unicorns outside but lack any type of PROOF to provide, it's meaningless. Which in your case, it is. Purely anecdotal and hypothetical.

I already knew maxillary elongation causes it which I never argued against, you're fighting a strawman.

Ok I’m not trying to argue for the sake of getting under your skin. I was too assertive in my viewpoints, which may be wrong. I Believe they are right. I am trying to get at the truth, just as you are.

Yes I said my reasoning is anecdotal, the same type of reasoning a practicing orthodontist has when he sees family after family after family bring in their LFS child for braces and they see the same gum show in the mothers or fathers.

This is why an orthodontist will say it’s genetic. They see examples of this IRL day after day.

Come on, do you really think I’m lying when I’m saying I have countless examples from Instagram of parents and their kids’? What am I supposed to do, post their pictures on this site ?

I guess I can PM you. Are you trustworthy? You will see in these pictures not only recurring gum show, but even the palate and tooth shapes are almost exactly the same. It’s freaky actually.

Well for example I have a long face but only had minor gum show on the sides, fixed with braces somehow. My nose is not long, same height as my forehead, and so technically my “midface” is proportional, but the “perceived” midface, I.e, the eye to mouth distance is long, but it’s because my orbital bones and nose sit further down my face then average, elongating everything.

I was curious to see if you thought mouth breathing could cause this lower-set position of the nose. I think it’s genetic.

Last edited:
  • +1
Ok I’m not trying to argue for the sake of getting under your skin. I was too assertive in my viewpoints, which may be wrong. I Believe they are right. I am trying to get at the truth, just as you are.

Yes I said my reasoning is anecdotal, the same type of reasoning a practicing orthodontist has when he sees family after family after family bring in their LFS child for braces and they see the same gum show in the mothers or fathers.

This is why an orthodontist will say it’s genetic. They see examples of this IRL day after day.

Come on, do you really think I’m lying when I’m saying I have countless examples from Instagram of parents and their kids’? What am I supposed to do, post their pictures on this site ?

I guess I can PM you. Are you trustworthy? You will see in these pictures not only recurring gum show, but even the palate and tooth shapes are almost exactly the same. It’s freaky actually.
Yeah it's fine you can pm me. I don't believe in all the theories pushed by Mike mew and I agree it's mostly cope here pushed by insecure guys but my point was I'm not denying gum show may be genetic, my point was overall facial elongation and all the mouthbreathing traits aren't 100% genetic and influenced by long term environmental factors. My own cousin has a wider face yet he has gum show

Yeah it's fine you can pm me. I don't believe in all the theories pushed by Mike mew and I agree it's mostly cope here pushed by insecure guys but my point was I'm not denying gum show may be genetic, my point was overall facial elongation and all the mouthbreathing traits aren't 100% genetic and influenced by long term environmental factors. My own cousin has a wider face yet he has gum show

Ok so now I’m curious. How does facial elongation happen separate from maxillary elongation? I agree I’ve seen wide faces square jaws with gum
Show. I don’t understand what makes them different.

I thought mouth breathing causes facial elongation because the tongue doesn’t support the maxilla, and so it drops downward. Therefore wouldn’t facial elongation be apparent in all cases of VME? That doesn’t seem to be the case though.

Why would a vertically long maxilla on some people not cause elongation, but it would in others?

My hypothesis is genetics. Some people are going to just have narrower faces, longer philthrums, longer And/ or lower-set noses/ orbital rims.

You’re saying it’s mouth breathing. Ok but by what mechanism would mouth breathing make a face longer, if not by a dropping of the maxilla?

Did the monkey study propose any cause of the facial elongation from the mouth breathing? Because from what I know, the detriment of mouth breathing is that the tongue isn’t supporting the upper jaw.

Ok so now I’m curious. How does facial elongation happen separate from maxillary elongation? I agree I’ve seen wide faces square jaws with gum

I thought mouth breathing causes facial elongation because the tongue doesn’t support the maxilla, and so it drops downward. Therefore wouldn’t facial elongation be apparent in all cases of VME? That doesn’t seem to be the case though.

Why would a vertically long maxilla on some people not cause elongation, but it would in others?

My hypothesis is genetics. Some people are going to just have narrower faces, longer philthrums, longer And/ or lower-set noses/ orbital rims.

You’re saying it’s mouth breathing. Ok but by what mechanism would mouth breathing make a face longer, if not by a dropping of the maxilla?
When did I say it's not by dropping the maxilla tho? I don't think I said so...

When did I say it's not by dropping the maxilla tho? I don't think I said so...

Ok but then why are there some people with gum show aka a “dropped maxilla” without a long face? If a dropped maxilla is the only factor?

I believe some people just have better genetics and their faces are better able to compensate with a dropped maxilla by growing more laterally, and their nose length is genetically not long so that helps curb the long face.

A big part of what makes a face “long” is its concomitant narrowness IMO. That’s the stereotypical adenoid face.

A long but wide face is actually attractive in a lot of cases. Tom Brady has gum show and a long face for example but it’s also savagely wide and robust as well.

mirin that pfp

at the end of the day, even if you have perfect tongue posture, if you don't have the genetics and hormones to allow posture to create a robust forward grown skull, then you won't look good.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

100% this, you niggas are seriously retarded. cant stand teenagers

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: HighIQcel, Deleted member 685 and Phoenix997
I kinda believe its genetics, and the cause and consequences of breathing trough mouth and structure are actually reversed. Their structure is what makes them breathe more easily trough mouth, and not the result of it.

• +1
Reactions: Phoenix997
100% this, you niggas are seriously retarded. cant stand teenagers
Lmao I just realized a lot of these guys are super young.
I kinda believe its genetics, and the cause and consequences of breathing trough mouth and structure are actually reversed. Their structure is what makes them breathe more easily trough mouth, and not the result of it.

I mean it makes more logical, actually anatomical, sense than believing somebody started mouth breathing because they played too many videos games or because their parents never told them to mew.

Obviously there’s a reason for mouth breathing in the first place. Even the allergy argument is dumb becuse obviously if you have smaller jaws, and thus smaller airway, you’re not going to cope with a blocked airway as easily as someone with bigger jaws but the same allergies.

The lack of critical thinking to differentiate causation from correlation has made Mike Mew a very rich man.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...

Did the monkey study propose any cause of the facial elongation from the mouth breathing? Because from what I know, the detriment of mouth breathing is that the tongue isn’t supporting the upper jaw.
Because I already told you there might be a genetic component regarding a gummy smile, although it seems pretty rare anyway? I literally told you a dozens of time I DO believe facial elongation is correlated with maxillary elongation, what are you on about?

And I LITERALLY BELIEVE it's by dropping the maxilla nigga that was my entire point. Ofcourse genetics has its impact too but there's a dozens of studies proving my point.

And yeah that's quite literally the point. The bone will keep on growing downwards thanks to lack of support and thanks to gravity, which is quite logical and shouldn't be hard to understand.

There's no "hypothesis" here needed when regarderdless of what you're genetic blueprint is like, mouthbreathing elongates the face. If you actually dont believe in the side effects of mouthbreathing I'm done talking to you
@FatJattMofo gih
Lmao I just realized a lot of these guys are super young.

I mean it makes more logical, actually anatomical, sense than believing somebody started mouth breathing because they played too many videos games or because their parents never told them to mew.

Obviously there’s a reason for mouth breathing in the first place. Even the allergy argument is dumb becuse obviously if you have smaller jaws, and thus smaller airway, you’re not going to cope with a blocked airway as easily as someone with bigger jaws but the same allergies.

The lack of critical thinking to differentiate causation from correlation has made Mike Mew a very rich man.
Mike mew is literally selling mewing for free and there's alot of studies showing a small jaw isn't genetic. You are very misunderstood

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
Video games it they relax and made you have fun they are looksmax

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 685
Lol. You realize you don't have to mouth breathe when playing video games?

Lol. You realize you don't have to mouth breathe when playing video games?
Yeah but kids seem more likely too thanks to hard focus

Legit thread, I went from 8 at childhood to this

S4rwfrS

@Gudru

It's not a Joke bro :feelswah:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscensionCel, Deleted member 7125 and Deleted member 685
Your thoughts on the discussion I had itt? @SayNoToRotting

I mean this one closes the lid of all the goblin Mew heretics escaping the trash cans, doesn't it?

Just because there are other factors like disproportionally growing facial plates within the naurocranium (cranial base), a genetic tendency to a shorter midface or wider nasal bridge that could mildly counteract the effects of mouthbreathing etc. doesn't mean that mouthbreathing doesn't affect one negatively.

No skull is untouched by mechanical loads or lack of thereof.

Also, on a mildly related note, from what I have read in a study it seems like facial variety is a lot greater amongst children who did not have a strong biteforce.
Weak-jawed children could have either long or short midfaces, but all children with a strong bite had a short midface.

It seems as if strong mechanical forces kind of work like their own "cranial base", forcefully directing where a skull should and should not grow.

Everyone seems to underestimate how strong human jaws can actually be. From a study I have read the human bite is proportionally to skull size one of the strongest within mammals.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 685