skinnyincel34
#1 Nicest rater
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2025
- Posts
- 57
- Reputation
- 47
I've gotten compliments about how long my eyelashes are growing up, yet i'm 18 and slowly balding with very thin hair. I love irony
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
![]()
The truth about ... - The new thread series, AMA
The truth about ... - Part 0 This thread series will cover compounds/concepts that are discussed daily on here. It's a crossover between @chadisbeingmade and me. Potentially other users too, lmk. The purpose is to shed light on the reality behind these compounds/concepts. The first...looksmax.org
Growing your eyelashes and eyebrows is one of the best and only true softmaxxes.
Because of that, many people choose compounds like Minoxidil to grow hairs in their eye area or even on the scalp.
This thread will reveal why you should be cautious with Minoxidil - And how it could actually harm your looks.
History
Minoxidil was developed for antihypertensive and vasodilative purposes.
View attachment 3682339
Though this use case was later dropped as even the developing scientists figured out that it isn't efficient at what it does.
It's the last resort when it comes to hypertension - Only being used when two agents and/or a diuretic aren't enough.
And not even monotherapy is a valid option. It has to be combined with a loop diuretic either way because of the sodium and potassium retention it causes.
Appeal in PSL-Spaces
The other use case beside hypertension is hair growth.
Unfortunately it's not the best option for stopping scalp hair loss as that is a mainly AR-mediated pathway.
That means it won't prevent any miniaturization of the hair follicle, @chadisbeingmade is going to make a thread covering the topic of 5ARIs.
The other use case is like I mentioned previously, growing the hairs in your eye area.
View attachment 3682266
It's an exaggerated example removing the hair completely obviously, but I hope you can see how important they are.
There are two ways you can grow them via Minoxidil: Topical and Oral.
Topical
Topical Minoxidil is pretty harsh on your eyes, that's why you should only apply it on your eyebrows.
Another thing is that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2 (The active ingredient in Latisse).
Oral
Oral Minoxidil is very effective in growing your eyelashes, but more of that in the biology section.
[Brutal UEE right there, just look at the lashes duh]
View attachment 3682288
Biology
The unfortunate truth is, if you are using Minoxidil you are going to retain a ton more water and be bloated.
This is primarely mediated by the activation of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone-System.
View attachment 3682292
I'll try to keep it short:
- Minoxidil vasodilates blood vessels
- Activation of RAAS
- Aldosterone increase
- Sodium, potassium and water retention
In short, this means your Aldosterone skyrockets making you retain a ton more sodium/potassium and consequently more water.
This means it's a big trade off, hair growth or bloat. What do you choose, no water retention or mogger eyelashes?
View attachment 3682392
Conclusion
The only possible solution to solve the bloat is using an aldosterone-antagonist.
View attachment 3682299
In theory using an aldosterone-antagonist like Eplerenone or Spironolactone should work, but even then there is quite some anecdotal evidence that this doesn't work.
TL;DR: There are only two viable options now:
- Topical Minoxidil on eyebrows, which also affects your lashes.
- Oral Minoxidil only in combination with an aldosterone-antagonist.
I hope you learned something new today.
Feel free to AMA.
@halloweed @menas @Zagro @Drugsmaxxer
![]()
The truth about ... - The new thread series, AMA
The truth about ... - Part 0 This thread series will cover compounds/concepts that are discussed daily on here. It's a crossover between @chadisbeingmade and me. Potentially other users too, lmk. The purpose is to shed light on the reality behind these compounds/concepts. The first...looksmax.org
Growing your eyelashes and eyebrows is one of the best and only true softmaxxes.
Because of that, many people choose compounds like Minoxidil to grow hairs in their eye area or even on the scalp.
This thread will reveal why you should be cautious with Minoxidil - And how it could actually harm your looks.
History
Minoxidil was developed for antihypertensive and vasodilative purposes.
View attachment 3682339
Though this use case was later dropped as even the developing scientists figured out that it isn't efficient at what it does.
It's the last resort when it comes to hypertension - Only being used when two agents and/or a diuretic aren't enough.
And not even monotherapy is a valid option. It has to be combined with a loop diuretic either way because of the sodium and potassium retention it causes.
Appeal in PSL-Spaces
The other use case beside hypertension is hair growth.
Unfortunately it's not the best option for stopping scalp hair loss as that is a mainly AR-mediated pathway.
That means it won't prevent any miniaturization of the hair follicle, @chadisbeingmade is going to make a thread covering the topic of 5ARIs.
The other use case is like I mentioned previously, growing the hairs in your eye area.
View attachment 3682266
It's an exaggerated example removing the hair completely obviously, but I hope you can see how important they are.
There are two ways you can grow them via Minoxidil: Topical and Oral.
Topical
Topical Minoxidil is pretty harsh on your eyes, that's why you should only apply it on your eyebrows.
Another thing is that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2 (The active ingredient in Latisse).
Oral
Oral Minoxidil is very effective in growing your eyelashes, but more of that in the biology section.
[Brutal UEE right there, just look at the lashes duh]
View attachment 3682288
Biology
The unfortunate truth is, if you are using Minoxidil you are going to retain a ton more water and be bloated.
This is primarely mediated by the activation of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone-System.
View attachment 3682292
I'll try to keep it short:
- Minoxidil vasodilates blood vessels
- Activation of RAAS
- Aldosterone increase
- Sodium, potassium and water retention
In short, this means your Aldosterone skyrockets making you retain a ton more sodium/potassium and consequently more water.
This means it's a big trade off, hair growth or bloat. What do you choose, no water retention or mogger eyelashes?
View attachment 3682392
Conclusion
The only possible solution to solve the bloat is using an aldosterone-antagonist.
View attachment 3682299
In theory using an aldosterone-antagonist like Eplerenone or Spironolactone should work, but even then there is quite some anecdotal evidence that this doesn't work.
TL;DR: There are only two viable options now:
- Topical Minoxidil on eyebrows, which also affects your lashes.
- Oral Minoxidil only in combination with an aldosterone-antagonist.
I hope you learned something new today.
Feel free to AMA.
@halloweed @menas @Zagro @Drugsmaxxer
Oh didn't know that, I avoided lattise because I was afraid to lose upper eyelid fat, but I am using minoxidil for about 1year, fat loss didn't occur? Is it safe for me to take lattise if I didn't get fat loss from minoxidil or lattise has a higher incidence for this side effect to happen?Thanks bro.
Exactly, primarely because topical Minoxidil increases factors like PGE2 (same one in Latisse) like I mentioned in the thread.
So Minoxidil doesn't only "improve bloodflow to the hair follicles causing more nutrients to get to the hair follicle", but it also causes changes in gene expression to cause a better environment for the hair follicle.
Minoxidil increases PGE2.
You answered your own question bud.lattise has a higher incidence for this side effect to happen
No, but I was asking if it has a higher rate of periorbital fat loss or they situate at the same risk?You answered your own question bud.
Shit broWill the hair on eyebrows fall out after stopping applying?
can i do this to get less hoodingAnother thing is that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2 (The active ingredient in Latisse).
mirin thread.Thank you man, put a lot of effort into this as you can sense.
Can you tag a few more people please, thread's getting no engagement.
@R@m@ @Mess @wastedspermcel @vrilmaxxer @You @Quncho atleast leave a comment alr
View attachment 3682573
You bloat through different pathways, carbohydrates just cause one of them.Will it still give bloat on 0 carb carnivore
I already answered your question. Do I fucking need to spoon-feed you information?No, but I was asking if it has a higher rate of periorbital fat loss or they situate at the same risk?
I never said it works the same, PGE2 is just a part of how Minoxidil works.And if minoxidil works in a similar way to lattise, why do the gains from minoxidil become terminal, but from lattise are said to never necome terminal?
^^using topical minox on my brows and the base of my lashes saved my eye area along with using dye for lashes. oral minox will bloat you though, stick to topical imo
There is no comparative data on it, if you don't want to risk it don't do it. It surely is safer to apply on your eyebrows instead of your eyelashes though.when you say that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2. Does that mean that when you use it on your eyebrow, it is going to cause fat loss in your upper eyelid?
Every hair goes through a cycle. Minoxidil lengthens this cycle leading to longer hairs, once you cease the treatment your gains most likely return to baseline. Some users report permanent gains though, I wouldn't count on that.Will the hair on eyebrows fall out after stopping applying?
Why would you want to get less hooding in the first place. Show eyes.can i do this to get less hooding
I'd recommend a dose of 2.5 or 5mg every day, 10mg is too much. Studies mostly use 2.5 and 5mg.@Jonas2k7 how much oral minox is recomended 2.5, 5, or 10 daily?
You bloat through different pathways, carbohydrates just cause one of them.
Might make a big thread on bloating in the future.
I already answered your question. Do I fucking need to spoon-feed you information?
Yes, Latisse has a higher risk because it works only through the PGE2 pathway.
I never said it works the same, PGE2 is just a part of how Minoxidil works.
^^
There is no comparative data on it, if you don't want to risk it don't do it. It surely is safer to apply on your eyebrows instead of your eyelashes though.
Every hair goes through a cycle. Minoxidil lengthens this cycle leading to longer hairs, once you cease the treatment your gains most likely return to baseline. Some users report permanent gains though, I wouldn't count on that.
Why would you want to get less hooding in the first place. Show eyes.
I'd recommend a dose of 2.5 or 5mg every day, 10mg is too much. Studies mostly use 2.5 and 5mg.
@chadisbeingmade @Snicket @loyolaxavvierretard @Zagro @menas
![]()
The truth about ... - The new thread series, AMA
The truth about ... - Part 0 This thread series will cover compounds/concepts that are discussed daily on here. It's a crossover between @chadisbeingmade and me. Potentially other users too, lmk. The purpose is to shed light on the reality behind these compounds/concepts. The first...looksmax.org
Growing your eyelashes and eyebrows is one of the best and only true softmaxxes.
Because of that, many people choose compounds like Minoxidil to grow hairs in their eye area or even on the scalp.
This thread will reveal why you should be cautious with Minoxidil - And how it could actually harm your looks.
History
Minoxidil was developed for antihypertensive and vasodilative purposes.
View attachment 3682339
Though this use case was later dropped as even the developing scientists figured out that it isn't efficient at what it does.
It's the last resort when it comes to hypertension - Only being used when two agents and/or a diuretic aren't enough.
And not even monotherapy is a valid option. It has to be combined with a loop diuretic either way because of the sodium and potassium retention it causes.
Appeal in PSL-Spaces
The other use case beside hypertension is hair growth.
Unfortunately it's not the best option for stopping scalp hair loss as that is a mainly AR-mediated pathway.
That means it won't prevent any miniaturization of the hair follicle, @chadisbeingmade is going to make a thread covering the topic of 5ARIs.
The other use case is like I mentioned previously, growing the hairs in your eye area.
View attachment 3682266
It's an exaggerated example removing the hair completely obviously, but I hope you can see how important they are.
There are two ways you can grow them via Minoxidil: Topical and Oral.
Topical
Topical Minoxidil is pretty harsh on your eyes, that's why you should only apply it on your eyebrows.
Another thing is that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2 (The active ingredient in Latisse).
Oral
Oral Minoxidil is very effective in growing your eyelashes, but more of that in the biology section.
[Brutal UEE right there, just look at the lashes duh]
View attachment 3682288
Biology
The unfortunate truth is, if you are using Minoxidil you are going to retain a ton more water and be bloated.
This is primarely mediated by the activation of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone-System.
View attachment 3682292
I'll try to keep it short:
- Minoxidil vasodilates blood vessels
- Activation of RAAS
- Aldosterone increase
- Sodium, potassium and water retention
In short, this means your Aldosterone skyrockets making you retain a ton more sodium/potassium and consequently more water.
This means it's a big trade off, hair growth or bloat. What do you choose, no water retention or mogger eyelashes?
View attachment 3682392
Conclusion
The only possible solution to solve the bloat is using an aldosterone-antagonist.
View attachment 3682299
In theory using an aldosterone-antagonist like Eplerenone or Spironolactone should work, but even then there is quite some anecdotal evidence that this doesn't work.
TL;DR: There are only two viable options now:
- Topical Minoxidil on eyebrows, which also affects your lashes.
- Oral Minoxidil only in combination with an aldosterone-antagonist.
I hope you learned something new today.
Feel free to AMA.
@halloweed @menas @Zagro @Drugsmaxxer
its okay bubs we all still love you even if you only have one botband they removed mine, brutal...
![]()
shit then, my UEE is already in rough shape, so I'm hesitant to use anything that might make it worse. On the other hand, my eyebrows need more length and density. Personally,There is no comparative data on it, if you don't want to risk it don't do it. It surely is safer to apply on your eyebrows instead of your eyelashes though.
hy would you want to get less hooding in the first place. Show eyes.
Are you Jon Hamm's cousin?how much were you taking?
no hahahah its the first thing that came to mind since i love mad menAre you Jon Hamm's cousin?
how much were you taking?Yeah this is why I stopped using oral minoxidil. At the time I stopped I was the leanest I’ve ever been yet my face still looked fatter and puffier compared to pictures from before I started taking it.
Oh holy shit, you're right, I just noticed now when I looked at old photosi do not regret my decision at all, tho it kinda affected my leanmaxxing cuz i was debloated in my face i no longer wanted to lose fat but that aside i will never use minox again
It’s the same with me. He used topical iirc I used oral. I quit and it went away in like a month or 2.Oh holy shit, you're right, I just noticed now when I looked at old photos
I looked definitely more bloated despite having 8 kg less, but tbh the gains on my eyebrows were a big halo
Did you use topical or oral?
You're on looksmax.org bro, ofc people need/expect to be spoonfed information hereI already answered your question. Do I fucking need to spoon-feed you information?
I think I was doing 3 drops of liquid minoxidil orally, so like 7.5mg.how much were you taking?
Yeah I was thinking about oral but topical was effective enough and besides I heard that oral increases body hair tooIt’s the same with me. He used topical iirc I used oral. I quit and it went away in like a month or 2.
What do you mean by orally? isn’t that a laxative? Also to summarize what you’re saying topical min=fat loss oral min=bloat right?Obviously yeah. MSM, 1-2ml castor oil orally every day, any oil topically and some other methods.
Oh holy shit, you're right, I just noticed now when I looked at old photos
I looked definitely more bloated despite having 8 kg less, but tbh the gains on my eyebrows were a big halo
Did you use topical or oral?
i used tropical as he said, my brows became less dense now but i still kept some of my gains for some reason tho i think he lost all minox gains, i was so annoyed because i was approaching low bf but my face was still not as chiseled as it should be, i once had some skin irritation while using minox so i had to stop for like a week or two something like that and it just clicked that i mogged unusually hard at that timeYeah I was thinking about oral but topical was effective enough and besides I heard that oral increases body hair too
Did you keep your gains after stopping?
Topical
Another thing is that Minoxidil can cause fat loss in your upper eyelid as Minoxidil stimulates factors like PGE2 (The active ingredient in Latisse).
Pretty sure my body hair returned to normal after discontinuing, or only a slight increase.Yeah I was thinking about oral but topical was effective enough and besides I heard that oral increases body hair too
Did you keep your gains after stopping?
The hairs most likely return to baseline as the growth cycle shortens. Like I already said, some people though experience permanent gains.If I take minoxidil until I’m happy with the length and density of my eyelashes, then stop taking, will the hairs stay?
Oral Minoxidil increases water retention more significantly.So both methods of minoxidil increases water retention? Not sure if it’s worth the bloat, my eyebrows are a little frail tho
^^Also to summarize what you’re saying topical min=fat loss oral min=bloat right?
GTFO with this bullshit. I never claimed it's a PGF2a analogue, it increases PGE2. I even cited a study for this claim, go learn reading."Minoxidil is not a PGF2α analog.
Minoxidil is a distinct chemical compound with a different mechanism of action compared to PGF2α analogs like bimatoprost, latanoprost, and travoprost."
Basic fucking google search
^^Pretty sure my body hair returned to normal after discontinuing, or only a slight increase.
Yes I retained my gains, but I also used for almost 2 years (I didn’t notice the bloat until I looked back like you said).