The truth about Ray Peat

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

Brownmaxxing
Ray Peat (1936–2022) was an American conspiracy theorist, quack and cholesterol denialist who promoted pseudoscientific views about nutrition. His most bizarre claim was that essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6) are harmful to human health and should be reduced in the diet to the lowest amount possible. Peat's dietary views have been embraced by the far-right and white nationalists. Peat insanely argued that a tablespoon of sucrose in honey can cure animals and emergency patients with fatal injuries, but was unaware that honey only contains between 0.8-5% sucrose. He made many other ridiculous claims such as avocados causing cancer.

In 2022 about 8 months before his death, much to the dismay of his followers, Peat contradicted his own dietary advice and admitted that he was eating oatmeal and putting oat bran on his food. White supremacist kook Bronze Age Pervert is a notable promoter of Ray Peat's pseudoscience.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, LooksThinker, 7zyzz7 and 3 others
RationalWiki Logo

Bronze Age Pervert is a Jew supremacist, not a white supremacist.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker and Deleted member 16275
Pretty accurate wiki. He has some weird views

• JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker
he went low protien before his death too, i experimented with low proteins this week (80g compared to my usual 200g)and my temps were low

• Woah
Reactions: BrahminBoss
he went low protien before his death too, i experimented with low proteins this week (80g compared to my usual 200g)and my temps were low
I do ok with medium protein I eat a lot of milk and dairy though, Eat around 6 eggs a week (low I know). Not eating liver rn as I havent found a good source

• +1
Reactions: 7zyzz7
I do ok with medium protein I eat a lot of milk and dairy though, Eat around 6 eggs a week (low I know). Not eating liver rn as I havent found a good source

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275 and BrahminBoss
Ray Peat (1936–2022) was an American conspiracy theorist, quack and cholesterol denialist who promoted pseudoscientific views about nutrition. His most bizarre claim was that essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6) are harmful to human health and should be reduced in the diet to the lowest amount possible. Peat's dietary views have been embraced by the far-right and white nationalists. Peat insanely argued that a tablespoon of sucrose in honey can cure animals and emergency patients with fatal injuries, but was unaware that honey only contains between 0.8-5% sucrose. He made many other ridiculous claims such as avocados causing cancer.

In 2022 about 8 months before his death, much to the dismay of his followers, Peat contradicted his own dietary advice and admitted that he was eating oatmeal and putting oat bran on his food. White supremacist kook Bronze Age Pervert is a notable promoter of Ray Peat's pseudoscience.
Me when I copy and paste for reps:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 7zyzz7, LooksThinker and BrahminBoss
Doing ok for a pregnant woman yes

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss