The Twilight Zone and Jaw, cheek, and chin implants!

Jade

Jade

Banned
Monster cheeks
I met a friend who got a wraparound and cheek implants - we had the same surgeon.

I was due for my follow-up, and he wanted to have his cheek implants replaced. He said that one of the cheek implants was "sticking out" close to his eye, and he wanted to have them replaced. He said that our surgeon didn't think he needed to replace them and that he didn't think it was a good idea to do anything else.

I asked him to send me a picture or video of himself, but he wouldn't do it. He wanted my opinion, but he wouldn't let me see his face!!

He said we would meet in person whenever we both came to see our surgeon.

So, I flew to see my surgeon. The plan was to meet up the morning before the appointment. He had gotten there a day before I did, so I drove to his hotel.

The very second I saw his face, I knew he looked messed up. I could see the implant bulging out on the bottom side of his eye socket. Although I had told him I would be honest with him, I couldn't bring myself to tell him that he looked pathetic - I felt terrible for him. I told him, "yeah, you could talk to the doctor, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to revise it," or something like that.

I kept looking at it, and he kept asking me, "Be honest, how does it look"?

I didn't know what to say because I was shocked and scared. I couldn't believe that he had that crap in his face.

We met the doctor and his assistant on a Saturday. I personally did not look terrible, but I knew it was obvious that I was going to replace my jaw implants, but that's another story.

So we went in there, and his assistant immediately told him, "wow, you look fantastic!" The doctor also said, hey man, you are looking great!.

I suddenly felt as if I was in a horror movie and didn't know what to say. I just kept looking at this pair of sick individuals saying some outrageous crap. At some point, they almost convinced him that he looked good and that it was all in his mind.

I couldn't believe what was happening right in front of me. I was there for my follow-up, so they didn't care much about me because there was nothing "wrong" with me.

I don't have the words to describe the shameless nature of these two. This is a "celebrity surgeon," and I felt like I was part of a horror movie! How could they say such atrocities?

After about a year and a half, this guy's eye still looked purple, and the implant was sticking out under his skin!!

The doctor looked at me and said, you look good, and blah blah, typical crap. He touched my face and did his thing.

My friend and I left their office, and we kept in touch. Once I had seen him in person, I felt I could be more candid with him. I begged him to see an eye doctor. He didn't know what to do because he was afraid he would have to do another surgery, and he didn't have money for it.

A few weeks later, he went to see an ophthalmologist, and of course, the ophthalmologist told him to get that crap out of his face as soon as possible.

Now, this story goes on for the next two years or so, but I'll leave it here because lots of guys tell me that I write long stories!!

I should keep them shorter, though! Hey, sorry about the scary green guy!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14774, ChristianChad, Pumanator and 2 others
Really sad honestly

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Skywalker and Jade
Really sad honestly
You know, it is sad, but at some point, I have to look at it with a sense of humor because stuff is worse than that. He ultimately found a solution, and his insurance paid for it because, by then, it was a real health issue.

• +1
Reactions: sanchez451

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad and Jade