The Universe is Cyclical-- We Will Exist Forever In Infinite Forms

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Master
The universe goes through an infinite series of big bangs and big crunches, wherein it explodes and then contracts into a singularity. Each iteration lasts about a Googleplex number of centuries. During this time, all the atoms contained within it are rearranged, creating an immense multitude of life forms.

Eventually, in an unimaginably vast timescale, those life forms will exist again, since there are only so many permutations of atomic and molecular arrangements that are possible. Hence, I believe that we've existed countless times before--living this same life we're living now, in addition to countless other lives in countless other forms--and we will exist again. No heaven or spiritual 'afterlife necessary'.

My theory, at least.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, IAMNOTANINCEL and BrahminBoss
Fuark hope the afterlife doesn’t suck man

Fuark hope the afterlife doesn’t suck man
frl
but the worst would be total unconsiousness
just nothing u dont even feel nor see
for who knows how many years

frl
but the worst would be total unconsiousness
just nothing u dont even feel nor see
for who knows how many years
Well, I myself have been dead for at least 14 billion years, and it didn't trouble me one bit.

• +1
Reactions: alurmo
Do you realize how unlikely the odds of you existing would be, if there were only one universe? They're WAY more rare than winning Powerball. That's one reason why I think the universe dies and is reborn ad infinitum. Given enough cycles and molecular permutations, eventually, all lifeforms that can exist (including us) will exist (an infinite number of times).

Last edited:
Realisation will free you from infinite rebirths

Anything becomes possible on an infinite timescale.

If you do a deep-dive on NDEs, you will come to the conclusion that it is real and that we all have a soul/spirit and that there is an "afterlife" if that's what you want to call it.

If you do a deep-dive on NDEs, you will come to the conclusion that it is real and that we all have a soul/spirit and that there is an "afterlife" if that's what you want to call it.
My thread is actually not about a spiritual "afterlife". It's about what I think happens to the universe on an infinite timescale, and that includes reincarnation by virtue of infinite molecular reshuffling.