There are two types of hollow cheeks (Method included)

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
All hollow cheeked men have three things in common:

- Prominent Zygos.
- Good mandible width.
- Low bf%.

However, there are two types which are dependent on cheekbone shape but also the size of the masseter muscles.

1: This hollowness occurs just under the zygos and is caused by thin masseters.
2: This hollowness occurs just behind the mouth and is caused by large masseters.

1 is on the left, 2 is on the right:

CF8CF43B 19DA 4C01 B5E3 8CF85D8A6D47

Notice that the lines on the second one (large masseters) even follows the masseter insertion to origin angle:

A6339E9C 9A55 405C ADD5 2DBA237E4CF0

The shape of your cheekbones will determine what type of hollowness you could achieve, but that is something I can’t pin down. Any suggestions?

For the first type, stop chewing and atrophy your masseters with Botox. For the second type, go ahead and chew but please do not do this if you aren’t already low bf% as you will look fat and bloated due to masseter muscle being round and also the fact that it will push out your cheek fat.

@EternalLearner @IWantToMax @dogapm123 @FatJattMofo What do you guys think?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, SendMePicsToRate, joeveniro and 3 others
I usually have the second type but I think it also comes down to lighting being a major factor, in most lighting I have the 2nd type but in some I do have the 1st.

• +1
Reactions: Traxanas and IWantToMax
How come my cheeks got more hollowed like the 1st one after chewmaxxing?

I guess this is true. Im sure there area maybe more types

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
I have the second, it’s so better and aesthetic

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
I have the second, it’s so better and aesthetic
I don’t think either is more aesthetic, but I do think that that the left one is more feminine while the right one is more masculine.

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 3702
@FatJattMofo Found this in a medical study regarding masseter Botox; I know we resolved it but just wanted to add further evidence from my side lol:

“It has also been seen that the cheeks appear sunken following injection. This is because of atrophy of the superior portion of the masseter in patients. The superior portion of the masseter lies just below the bony prominence of the cheekbone, thus thinning the masseter may result in a sharp drop-off between the zygomatic arch and cheek causing the sunken cheek appearance”.

Full study: https://www.cosmeticmedicine-online...-of-botulinum-toxin-into-the-masseter-muscle/

These are two types of lighting, little else.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, GigaAscender, Deleted member 12218 and 1 other person
first happens when ur cheekbones are high set, second when they are low set

first happens when ur cheekbones are high set, second when they are low set
Other way around.

Second ones are being very lean, having cheekbones that aren't especially large and forward projected but are high set.

First ones are being very lean, having cheekbones that are larger and forward projected and not low set.

• +1
Reactions: Kade, cutecel and karbo
I have none of thoses.

Its becase of lighting you retards

• +1
Reactions: Traxanas
I have the first one ,just fasting for this more appear on my face

I have the first one .
How do i do to have the second one

i read every single word

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
Gotta say I really prefer the first type

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
Malar fat region plays a big role too for getting type 2

77a7ce5db339efcf2003ec3dfe4482aa.jpg

Type 1 is obv more aesthetic

• +1
Reactions: SAR and TheEndHasNoEnd
And I have none.
What a great life.Thanks for my narrow jaw

False. This is just a lighting difference. The guy on the left, Miroslav Cech, has way bigger masseters than the guy on the right, Harry Goodwins, so your own examples prove your theory false.
tumblr_nyp13ywDlR1qajhjjo1_640.jpg
540578-800w.jpg

Small masseters do not contribute to hollow cheeks because the masseters sit on top of a fucking bone (mandible), making it impossible for them to become "hollow". The cheeks are the part of the face that becomes hollow because they aren't supported by a bone, they sit on top of the gums and teeth which are inside the mouth. Stop posting retarded misinformation.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy, Deleted member 6401 and Elias
Is that always that clear-cut though?

Is that always that clear-cut though?
Pretty much, I have had both types of hollows in my life, as I got more bone I became more like the first with hollows.

All hollow cheeked men have three things in common:

- Prominent Zygos.
- Good mandible width.
- Low bf%.

However, there are two types which are dependent on cheekbone shape but also the size of the masseter muscles.

1: This hollowness occurs just under the zygos and is caused by thin masseters.
2: This hollowness occurs just behind the mouth and is caused by large masseters.

1 is on the left, 2 is on the right:

View attachment 162648

Notice that the lines on the second one (large masseters) even follows the masseter insertion to origin angle:

View attachment 162650

The shape of your cheekbones will determine what type of hollowness you could achieve, but that is something I can’t pin down. Any suggestions?

For the first type, stop chewing and atrophy your masseters with Botox. For the second type, go ahead and chew but please do not do this if you aren’t already low bf% as you will look fat and bloated due to masseter muscle being round and also the fact that it will push out your cheek fat.

@EternalLearner @IWantToMax @dogapm123 @FatJattMofo What do you guys think?
The main cause between the two is the zygomatic muscle linking to your lips being hypertrophied in number one and in number two there being very minimal muscle

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
The main cause between the two is the zygomatic muscle linking to your lips being hypertrophied in number one and in number two there being very minimal muscle
This is an old post tbh, don’t know if it’s true or not

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
This is an old post tbh, don’t know if it’s true or not
It is a spot on post for types of hollows but it doesn't cover the types of shadows that can be caused.

However I realised soal necrod this hard when I looked after I responded.

I feel like that is the only real plausible explanation between the two being facial muscles because bones if they are identical can cause both hollows