Things to consider to not fuck up skin for DIY home Microneedling (acne, scars, collagen,...)

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
I've read reports on here and .net about people fucking up their facial skin when doing DIY microneedling routine at home,

what i presently have is a Dermapen (Dr.pen), what should we keep in mind when trying microneedling regimen at home for skin (acne scars, collagen,,...) ?

So far I got:

- needle size should be MAX 2mm in length
- Dermapen/Derminator should be favored over a dermaroller (don't know about the best products out there)
- make sure the needles are stainless steel material
- Do not go full speed on the pen every time, like medium speed setting should be good for our purposes most of the time
- do microneedling MAX twice a week

Other recommendations we should be aware of in order to make sure we do microneedling correctly?

Thanks.

yeah only derminator doesn't cause microtearing, I don't have derminator but with my generic device I don't glide through the skin with deeper needles to avoid tearing . I only stamp it.

Did it every 4 to 6 weeks with max 2 mm . Microneedling isn't very helpful for acne scars for most people (unlike radiofrequency microneedling) . It did make my skin smooth though , collagen improved.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex
How long should i wait after a 1mm session with the derminator?

yeah only derminator doesn't cause microtearing, I don't have derminator but with my generic device I don't glide through the skin with deeper needles to avoid tearing . I only stamp it.

Did it every 4 to 6 weeks with max 2 mm . Microneedling isn't very helpful for acne scars for most people (unlike radiofrequency microneedling) . It did make my skin smooth though , collagen improved.
true.
the derminator moggs.

than dermapen

and than roller.

Dermapen and roller, do cause some tear damage. Unless, maybe. if you dont'mover the dermpen around but put it on the face in an up and dwon way. But that's going to make it take a gigea long time, before you have done the whole face.

Can confirm... I needled for acne scarring and it initially plumped my skin but my overall skin texture didn't change in the long run.

One thing I will say is that it needling with the Derminator gives a youthful glow the following month after each session. It really is a good boost for collagen and several people commented on my skin. Only thing is that your skin is red and sore (needling 1.5-2mm on medium speed in my case) for a few days following usage.

It mogs any skincare topicals for sure.

I've read reports on here and .net about people fucking up their facial skin when doing DIY microneedling routine at home,

what i presently have is a Dermapen (Dr.pen), what should we keep in mind when trying microneedling regimen at home for skin (acne scars, collagen,,...) ?

So far I got:

- needle size should be MAX 2mm in length
- Dermapen/Derminator should be favored over a dermaroller (don't know about the best products out there)
- make sure the needles are stainless steel material
- Do not go full speed on the pen every time, like medium speed setting should be good for our purposes most of the time
- do microneedling MAX twice a week

Other recommendations we should be aware of in order to make sure we do microneedling correctly?

Thanks.

You are probably right about the pen being better but I use a 1mm dermaroller every 2 weeks on the face and plan to do it for 3 months and then do a maintenance roll every 2 months after that. I think it can be overdone and those first 3 months build up a lot of collagen anyway.

2mm is pretty big. I am getting results from the 1mm so I may stick with that. I would never exceed 1.5mm on the face.