This forum can't even make up its mind about chin projection jfl

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
When I made a thread asking what the ideal amount of chin projection is:

However, when I morphed Chico to have a chin going past his lips, NO ONE said that it looked ideal.

The morph did look uncanny but I specified this in the post and said to try and picture him in motion instead without any photoshop issues.

Link: https://looksmax.org/threads/which-morph-of-chico-has-the-highest-smv.529323/

And so one would think that the morph that got the highest votes might be the one which has his chin in line with his lower lip, which once again was not the case.

The Chico with the ideal chin was the unmorphed version with his chin SEVERAL mm's behind his lower lip.

Starting to think this forum can't make its mind up about something tbh

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn, Deleted member 9779, Virgin at 29 😔 and 1 other person
what's the forum's current account

you could have tagged him

• Hmm...
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, TrestIsBest and lilhorizontal32
[1] It's a message board so it's comprised of many people. The particular users who see any given thread is partially random.

[2] A general principal is not going to be applicable to every situation.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Deleted member 9670, weedcoper and 2 others
[1] It's a message board so it's comprised of many people. The particular users who see any given thread is partially random.

[2] A general principal is not going to be applicable to every situation.
yeah I understand but given the number of people that replied you would think it would be semi-representative of the forum itself.

but why is that it doesn't apply in this situation, is it because Chico's a prettyboy? no one said anything of the sorts on the thread. makes me think that people are unsure themselves about what looks good

Last edited:
is my chin projection good?
IMG 2932

yeah I understand but given the number of people that replied you would think it would be semi-representative of the forum itself.

but why is that it doesn't apply in this situation, is it because Chico's a prettyboy? no one said anything of the sorts on the thread. makes me think that people are unsure themselves about what looks good

It's possible it doesn't go with the rest of his features. The model in question in his prime was incredibly unique looking.

It's also possible since anyone who has been on this site has seen pictures of him thousands of times that anything other than his real features looks uncanny.

There's virtually no physical feature that the answer to "what is ideal" doesn't have a bunch of caveats.

One of my best friends back in high school was a good looking pretty boy and had good chin projection. It fit the rest of his features though.

I'm not really seeing the purpose of asking the question in the abstract regardless. Anyone can spend 30 minutes learning basic photo editing and play with their chin projection to see what suits them best.

Correct op, you can just look at chin projection in isolation:

In the tracing for my genio the chin is right behind the lower lip, for my face this is the most aesthetic without looking uncanny. If it projected past the lower lip it wouldnt look in balance with my nasion or browridge from thw side view

Maybe your morphs were just shit

Because you suck at morphing.

Those morphs look like that of a retarded acromegaly patient + big chin doesnt fit chicos harmony

It's possible it doesn't go with the rest of his features. The model in question in his prime was incredibly unique looking.

It's also possible since anyone who has been on this site has seen pictures of him thousands of times that anything other than his real features looks uncanny.

There's virtually no physical feature that the answer to "what is ideal" doesn't have a bunch of caveats.

One of my best friends back in high school was a good looking pretty boy and had good chin projection. It fit the rest of his features though.

I'm not really seeing the purpose of asking the question in the abstract regardless. Anyone can spend 30 minutes learning basic photo editing and play with their chin projection to see what suits them best.
I am fine with caveats, but I am saying here that the discrepancy between the two is quite large ie. what the forum said vs what it chose as ideal

"It fit the rest of his features" doesn't really say anything. It is incredibly ambiguous and you may as well say "just get the right amount of jaw width, cheekbone width etc."

And why shouldn't I ask the question? It lets me check what I've learned and compare it with the knowledge that other people on the forum have. That is the entire point of this place.

"Suits them best" once again, how am I supposed to tell? We are all biased when it comes to our own faces and hence I posted on the forum to get more objective advice as to what might look good for my case.

Correct op, you can just look at chin projection in isolation:

In the tracing for my genio the chin is right behind the lower lip, for my face this is the most aesthetic without looking uncanny. If it projected past the lower lip it wouldnt look in balance with my nasion or browridge from thw side view
you can or can't?

and its interesting how you bring in the nasion and browridge into it, where should the chin be relative to those 2 for aesthetics?

Mentolabial angle is what makes your projected chin morphs look so uncanny lmao.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Mentolabial angle is what makes your projected chin morphs look so uncanny lmao.
good spot. going to re-do them now

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Yeah all you did originally was give him an underbite
Yeah I'm struggling to find people whose chin protrudes past their lips naturally without an underbite

and getting the mentolabial angle right is surprisingly difficult with morphing

• +1
Yeah I'm struggling to find people whose chin protrudes past their lips naturally without an underbite
Me if this counts but I have an overbite (class 2 division 2). (replaced the pic obv jfl)
Medscimonit 23 5589 g002 1

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
ngl haven't met many class 2s whose chin protrudes past their lips. let alone class 1s
It is a feature of the division 2 overbite in particular no idea why, I think my nana had this type of bite so it is probs combination of genetics and environment again no idea why, I think it occurs twice as often in men but it is relatively rare about 1 in 10 people I think.

Last edited:
Because you're a retard to morph Chico with big chin, he's a pretty boy cope, big chin is ideal for masc moggers like Maher

Because you're a retard to morph Chico with big chin, he's a pretty boy cope, big chin is ideal for masc moggers like Maher
So big chin means you have to go for masc look?

So big chin means you have to go for masc look?
Big chin is a dimorphic trait, you cannot mix a female/feminine face with big chin, what about other features? Just morphing big chin on a feminine face will obviously look uncanny, if your chin is big chances are you'll have other dimorphic traits as well to maintain the harmony (atleast in most cases)

• +1
Big chin is a dimorphic trait, you cannot mix a female/feminine face with big chin, what about other features? Just morphing big chin on a feminine face will obviously look uncanny, if your chin is big chances are you'll have other dimorphic traits as well to maintain the harmony (atleast in most cases)
The women in the before (left pic) has a profile similar to mine except for the lack of forward browridge and her gonial angle is higher than mine. I think it makes her look more manish you are right.
GothamMiller-Rhino-1-week-post-op-1024x683.jpg