This is why Accutane is POISON

NoCope

NoCope

Silver
Found this post online. I still suffer from all of these symptoms, even year after stopping accutane. Before you listen to some autist on here telling u "bro just take accutane" read this post - it can save your life. I wish I would have known all of this before starting

"The drug permanently destroyed my testosterone levels, and damaged my testes - was verified by a hormonal panel before i started the drug and after I stopped, as well as sperm analysis and ultrasound of the testicles. 2 years after, my testosterone is 450, and it was in the 900s before the course. Still suffer from 0 libido, sexual dysfunction, and a myriad of other problems that were clearly caused by this drug.

You cannot avoid these issues if you tissues are sensitive to these chemical. 13 cis retinoic acid is a cytotoxic agent that works by inducing apoptosis in rapidly diving cells that respond to retinoids. The best advice I can give to avoid the suffering I have been going through for 2 years now is to stop the drug.

I had no symptoms on the course. After 6 weeks on 20 mg per day i developed severe symptoms of neurotoxicity, aka overt brain damage - severe and intense brain fog, confusion, inability to articulate myself or think.. I stopped immediately even though my derm said that accutane does not effect the brain, a complete lie.

I thought i escaped the worst of it, but 5 weeks after I stopped my entire body fell apart. Developed severe IBS, all the joints in my body started degenerating - popping clicking, horrific pain from my fingers to my spine to everything. became impotent over night, with no sperm whatsoever, 0 libido, complete loss of genital sensation. My eyes became horrifically dry, my vision became blurry, and i developed many eye floaters and insane visual snow and night blindness. I imaged my meibomian glands in my eyes after with a meibography and they were all degenerated and mostly gone.

Note that all these issues developed a month or so AFTER i stopped the drug. From there on my body kept deteriorating - hearing loss, intense tinnitus, degenerating spine with slipped discs... the same story you hear over and over again in all the support groups of victims of this drug.

I'd like to point out the fact that I was an incredibly healthy individual - I was an athlete, served in the special forces for years, and had a mind sharp as a whip. No family history of any disease whatsoever, and after doing extensive research there is no doubt in my mind that this drug did it all.

I am about to start TRT after 2 years of trying everything to get better, with no avail. This drug destroyed my life entirely, and I struggle everyday to make it. I am about to graduate medical school now, but boy did I develop a profound hatred for his system."

This is a story shared by thousands of young men all around the world. Accutane is poison. Stay away from it. It ruined my life

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: strawberrymushroom, autistic_tendencies, Mateusz74 and 12 others
try finasteride for us now and submit a detailed report back

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Fgsfds, Deleted member 19769, Deleted member 19301 and 3 others
try finasteride for us now and submit a detailed report back
Finasteride is the same, but worse. Both accutane and finasteride are 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, and cause similar damage.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Kmscurry, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person
Also, just some food for thought - all of the people who I've noticed to suffer the most damage fall into the following categories: european descent, male, 16-25, fairly athletic and smart. I have not seen a single report about accutane damage from any other demographic group, which is weird.

If you fall into these categories, stay away from accutane like fire.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Kmscurry and Deleted member 2729
What about tretinoin? Is it also toxic

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
What about tretinoin? Is it also toxic
I used tretinoin as well, but I didn't notice any bad side effects from it. Studies seem to prove that it's safe as well. For me though, I've seen much more results from benozyl peroxide 2.5% and adapalene, than tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, Elvisandreaa and coolguy1
Couple users have reported accutane caused them to lose their hair.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Carpediem
  • +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and johncruz12345
Definitely true. I've suffered the same. Very intense thinning.
Yeah, they said they never recovered from thinning.

• +1
Yeah, they said they never recovered from thinning.
Thinning is probably the smallest problem you will face after taking accutane. Just putting this into perspective so you know just how terrible other side effects are

• +1
Found this post online. I still suffer from all of these symptoms, even year after stopping accutane. Before you listen to some autist on here telling u "bro just take accutane" read this post - it can save your life. I wish I would have known all of this before starting

"The drug permanently destroyed my testosterone levels, and damaged my testes - was verified by a hormonal panel before i started the drug and after I stopped, as well as sperm analysis and ultrasound of the testicles. 2 years after, my testosterone is 450, and it was in the 900s before the course. Still suffer from 0 libido, sexual dysfunction, and a myriad of other problems that were clearly caused by this drug.

You cannot avoid these issues if you tissues are sensitive to these chemical. 13 cis retinoic acid is a cytotoxic agent that works by inducing apoptosis in rapidly diving cells that respond to retinoids. The best advice I can give to avoid the suffering I have been going through for 2 years now is to stop the drug.

I had no symptoms on the course. After 6 weeks on 20 mg per day i developed severe symptoms of neurotoxicity, aka overt brain damage - severe and intense brain fog, confusion, inability to articulate myself or think.. I stopped immediately even though my derm said that accutane does not effect the brain, a complete lie.

I thought i escaped the worst of it, but 5 weeks after I stopped my entire body fell apart. Developed severe IBS, all the joints in my body started degenerating - popping clicking, horrific pain from my fingers to my spine to everything. became impotent over night, with no sperm whatsoever, 0 libido, complete loss of genital sensation. My eyes became horrifically dry, my vision became blurry, and i developed many eye floaters and insane visual snow and night blindness. I imaged my meibomian glands in my eyes after with a meibography and they were all degenerated and mostly gone.

Note that all these issues developed a month or so AFTER i stopped the drug. From there on my body kept deteriorating - hearing loss, intense tinnitus, degenerating spine with slipped discs... the same story you hear over and over again in all the support groups of victims of this drug.

I'd like to point out the fact that I was an incredibly healthy individual - I was an athlete, served in the special forces for years, and had a mind sharp as a whip. No family history of any disease whatsoever, and after doing extensive research there is no doubt in my mind that this drug did it all.

I am about to start TRT after 2 years of trying everything to get better, with no avail. This drug destroyed my life entirely, and I struggle everyday to make it. I am about to graduate medical school now, but boy did I develop a profound hatred for his system."

This is a story shared by thousands of young men all around the world. Accutane is poison. Stay away from it. It ruined my life
@Native is that you

• +1
@Native is that you
No, but I read his report as well. This only shows you just how common this is. Accutane is fucking poison, needs to be banned on federal level and Roche taken to court for destroying so many lives - because damage is permanent

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, Elvisandreaa and Baldingman1998
Thinning is probably the smallest problem you will face after taking accutane. Just putting this into perspective so you know just how terrible other side effects are
Are you sure everything is from accutane.

Seems like a stretch tbh.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Kmscurry
Are you sure everything is from accutane.

Seems like a stretch tbh.
Yes, because the timeline lines up with all the reports. No symptoms during the beginning of the course, then mild symptoms at around 1-3 months into the treatment, and once stopped, the symptoms just explode. 6 months after stopping were the most painful, I was suicidal, and I had to drop all of my university courses because I felt so fucking shitty. It was painful to live. Now I am better, but still nowhere near the same as I was before. My sex drive is destroyed, I have zero libido. I can't have sex with my girlfriend because my dick goes soft after 3 minutes. My muscles hurt everyday for no reason. My vision is blurry. My testesterone levels dropped. I feel like I am 50.

And I turned 18 recently... My life was destroyed before it even started

• +1
Reactions: strawberrymushroom, Kmscurry, johncruz12345 and 1 other person
Yes, because the timeline lines up with all the reports. No symptoms during the beginning of the course, then mild symptoms at around 1-3 months into the treatment, and once stopped, the symptoms just explode. 6 months after stopping were the most painful, I was suicidal, and I had to drop all of my university courses because I felt so fucking shitty. It was painful to live. Now I am better, but still nowhere near the same as I was before. My sex drive is destroyed, I have zero libido. I can't have sex with my girlfriend because my dick goes soft after 3 minutes. My muscles hurt everyday for no reason. My vision is blurry. My testesterone levels dropped. I feel like I am 50.

And I turned 18 recently... My life was destroyed before it even started
Brutal. I took it for a week, then stopped. I was having extremely itchy skin. Glad I did.

Someone needs to execute the guy who proposed the shit poison drug.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and NoCope
Brutal. I took it for a week, then stopped. I was having extremely itchy skin. Glad I did.

Someone needs to execute the guy who proposed the shit poison drug.
I just hope that I learned something from this experience. I am coping by thinking "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger"

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and johncruz12345
My brother used accutane several times and never had any issues at all

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and wristcel
My brother used accutane several times and never had any issues at all
Some people suffer from it, some don't. It's far too risky to gamble. I thought it wouldn't affect me until it did, and from what I can see, it's not just "1-3%" as dermatologists claim. More like 20-40% of young men who take it are permanently damaged

• +1
condolences, i've had a similar experience with (((SSRI's))) which gave me tonnes of physical and mental problems since stopping

• +1
condolences, i've had a similar experience with (((SSRI's))) which gave me tonnes of physical and mental problems since stopping
Yeah, SSRI's are very similar in side effects for some reason, even though different mechanism of action. The worst thing is, nobody knows why these permanent side effects come up

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Stopping@Nothing19
Some people suffer from it, some don't. It's far too risky to gamble. I thought it wouldn't affect me until it did, and from what I can see, it's not just "1-3%" as dermatologists claim. More like 20-40% of young men who take it are permanently damaged
Even a 1% chance is too high. Is it really worth taking a drug that could completely ruin your life just for better skin.

Probably not.

• +1
Yeah, SSRI's are very similar in side effects for some reason, even though different mechanism of action. The worst thing is, nobody knows why these permanent side effects come up
yes exactly, tonnes of other drugs can cause this shit and it doesn't effect everyone for some reason, which leads me to believe its either hormones, genetics or a combination of the two that causes it

• +1
Even a 1% chance is too high. Is it really worth taking a drug that could completely ruin your life just for better skin.

Probably not.
The most ironic thing is that accutane gave me cystic acne which gave me scars which I never had before. I am cursed by the Gods

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Kmscurry, TsarTsar444 and johncruz12345
yes exactly, tonnes of other drugs can cause this shit and it doesn't effect everyone for some reason, which leads me to believe its either hormones, genetics or a combination of the two that causes it
How are you holding up? What's your worst symptom?

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Stopping@Nothing19
Seems like a stretch tbh but I do believe accutane is potentially more harmful than Finasteride

• +1
How are you holding up? What's your worst symptom?
i'm just going through the motions, but i would say the worst is anhedonia and anorgasmia which fucks with you tbh

• +1
Seems like a stretch tbh but I do believe accutane is potentially more harmful than Finasteride
It would have been a stretch if it wasn't as widely reported as it is. There have been countless court cases which Roche had to pay for in settlement fees, and then it pulled Accutane off the shelves in 2009 for "business reasons". Makes you think :unsure:

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and PYT
weird that people still use this shit. even in my normie googling times back in 2007 trying to acnemin it was evident that accutane is susge as fuck

• +1
i'm just going through the motions, but i would say the worst is anhedonia and anorgasmia which fucks with you tbh
Anhedonia seemed to subside for me tbh. My biggest issue would be barely any semen volume, erectile dysfunction, hair thinning, eye floaters, and sore muscles even from the smallest physical activity

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, TsarTsar444 and Stopping@Nothing19
It would have been a stretch if it wasn't as widely reported as it is. There have been countless court cases which Roche had to pay for in settlement fees, and then it pulled Accutane off the shelves in 2009 for "business reasons". Makes you think :unsure:
Like I said I do believe accutane is potentially harmful something about nuking your body and subjecting your organs to a overdose of vitamin A seems unnecessary and risky when you have things likes tretinoin

• +1
weird that people still use this shit. even in my normie googling times back in 2007 trying to acnemin it was evident that accutane is susge as fuck
Yeah I did shit ton of research too, but people were claiming that it's super rare. I suspected that everyone was overreacting, and decided to give it a try. It was low dosage, 20mg - and just for two months

• +1

shut the fuck up u subhuman abomination

i want to destroy ur skull

subhuman abomination

• +1
it ruined my life too, taking it was the worst decision I've made

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Kmscurry, TsarTsar444 and 1 other person
keep researching your master

are you mad that youre my little bitch and i will break all bones in ur subhuman body?

youre my bitch subhuman. stay mad
im not gonna entertain your autism anymore in my thread, ur beyond helping

• +1
it ruined my life too, taking it was the worst decision I've made
What's the worst side effect you've suffered from?

• +1
So what the hell can you take for acne then?

• +1
Anhedonia seemed to subside for me tbh. My biggest issue would be barely any semen volume, erectile dysfunction, hair thinning, eye floaters, and sore muscles even from the smallest physical activity
yes brutal indeed, i have all of those too, the crazy thing is that these side effects are well understood to occur after stopping the treatment and yet they are still happy to hand them out like sweets

• +1
So what the hell can you take for acne then?
Benozyl Peroxide

if it doesnt work...

Benozyl Peroxide + Adapalene

if it doesn't work...

Adapalene + Clindamycin

if it doesn't work...

Tretinoin

if it doesn't work...

Tretinoin + Adapalene

If it doesn't work...

Tretinoin + Clindamycin

- And ofc, wash ur face two times a day with cleanser, change your pillowcase often, and eat better

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, Kmscurry, TsarTsar444 and 3 others
I loved accutane personally. Only effect was dry lips for me. Had my testosterone checked for something unrelated a year or so after treatment and it was good

Finsteride fucked me over a bit, but after stopping that for a few months all the symptoms went away from that, too

If you have bad acne, take accutane. Don't be scared. It's the only thing that works (if you have proper acne, a change of diet and other copes don't do shit) and most people have no sides other than dry lips

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and AlexBrown84
I loved accutane personally. Only effect was dry lips for me. Had my testosterone checked for something else a year or so after treatment and it was good

Finsteride fucked me over a bit, but after stopping that for a few months all the symptoms went away from that, too

If you have bad acne, take accutane. Don't be scared. It's the only thing that works and most people have no sides other than dry lips
I am spreading my story, and story of a bunch of other young men. Even on this obscure forum, there are a lot of people who got permanently fucked by accutane.

Your reply will delude people into thinking accutane is safe, and then they will ruin their lives. I am forever sorry for not taking people who advocated against accutane seriously, this is the biggest mistake in my life so far

• +1
Reactions: strawberrymushroom and Kmscurry
I'm sorry to hear you got fucked over so badly. I've personally had no issues with it except peeling face/lips, but I took a low-medium dosage for 6 months since my acne was very stubborn but not particularly severe.

May I ask what dosage did you take, and for how long?
Also did your dermatologist ask for any blood tests before starting the treatment? I remember I had to go through a bunch of tests before I could start with a very very low dosage. It's a very powerful drug that's not 100% understood yet, I hope you went through the correct steps before taking it.

• +1
I'm sorry to hear you got fucked over so badly. I've personally had no issues with it except peeling face/lips, but I took a low-medium dosage for 6 months since my acne was very stubborn but not particularly severe.

May I ask what dosage did you take, and for how long?
20mg daily, 2 months

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Kmscurry and BucketCrab
So this is one of the ways to hurt yourself. got it thanks for the advice :feelsgood:

• +1
20mg daily, 2 months
That's... really low, if I remember correctly.
I guess some people are just naturally predisposed to awful side effects no matter the dosage.

Have you seen any doctors, by the way? Your condition may be reversible.

• +1