This new western obsession with morality is a new religion.

D

Deleted member 17430

Manlet
For most of human history, morality has been a product of religion. Before religion, there was no morality. It was all just tribalism. People cared for and were loyal to their family and friends, but there were no moral expectations to uphold for the broader world.

When religion arrived, people followed the rules so that they would go to heaven. People didn't disobey out of fear of going to hell. Sure, they could personally agree with most of teachings, but that's not the reason they were hellbent on obeying all the rules, they did that in exchange of benefits that they perceived as real. This commitment has always been transactional in nature and nobody ever saw a problem with it. We give God loyalty and worship, he gives us salvation. You're not supposed to deny that the temptations exist and say that you never even wanted to break the rules. The reason you don't break the rules is because you believe in God and that his salvation will be worth it. But it's only human to have doubts and desires.

Look at the term "God fearing": A God-fearing person is religious and behaves according to the moral rules of their religion.

This term has always been seen in positive light, it describes a devout man who takes his religion seriously.

Nowadays, modern culture would view that as a toxic relationship: The man doesn't follow God's rules because he likes to, he follows them because he wants to go to heaven, which invalidates his commitment since he is not doing it for the "right reasons". There exists a new notion that you should "Be good just to be good". It is no longer enough to follow the rules because you don't want to suffer the consequences, now you must follow the rules because you agree with everything and you would never even want to break them.

It all began when Christianity started to lose influence in the west, people began to ask questions about what will happen to the integrity and morality of the population. That's when this new cultural shift started to take shape. The atheists started saying that even with no solid ground for their values, they still have strong morals, and that they are even better than Christians who are only good for God. They are good because they "genuinely care". That became a form of social validation, status and ego boost.

It seems like their life goal is to become a "good person":

Now we get cringe like this:

Screen Shot 2022 02 25 at 184126

They love to fake humility with shit like this. They always be saying shit like: "I try, but I'm not a good person, I just give my best to be decent."

You know deep down they base their worth of how much of a "good person" they are, and get off on feeling morally superior to others.

It also became a form of shaming people into conforming and gave rise to the cancel culture of today.

And this phenomenon is only growing:

Screen Shot 2022 02 25 at 184628

Being a good person is the new heaven.

Being a bad person is the new hell.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Trickane, Baldingman1998, Daniel Plainview and 6 others
Didn't read

• +1
Reactions: one job away, chawaje, Deleted member 15827 and 3 others
Didnt read but probably trur

it's called taking the good aspects of religion and scrapping the obvious bullshit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Baldingman1998 and Deleted member 15827
@Tyrion!
are you this guy ?
funny-looksmax-tyrion-after-kv9yiwevtjg61-png.2300149

• Ugh..
Reactions: MaxillaMaxing
Here goes the psuedo intellectual atheist rambling again

it's called taking the good aspects of religion and scrapping the obvious bullshit
Nah it is called taking bad aspects of religion and scrapping the all of the good things

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 17430

“This new western obsession with morality is a new religion.”​

I have literally said this exact same thing to myself EXACT SAME FUCKING THING

Said it was something like a new religion for the non-religious:feelshaha:

You know deep down they base their worth of how much of a "good person" they are, and get off on feeling morally superior to others.

IT’S SO FUNNY WATCHING THESE PEOPLE WHO COME UP WITH THINGS TO FEEL MORALLY SUPERIOR.

THEY’LL BE OBSESSED WITH RACE,LGBT ETC. ANY TOPIC TO FEEL SUPERIOR TO THE “BAD PEOPLE”.THIS IS WHY IDENTITY POLITICS ARE SUPER POPULAR IT’S THE EASIEST WAY TO HOLD MORAL HIGH GROUND

EVEN THIS UKRAINE STUFF YOU CAN SEE THEM VIRTUE SIGNAL SO HARD

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, LooksOrDeath and Deleted member 17430
@Tyrion!
are you this guy ?
funny-looksmax-tyrion-after-kv9yiwevtjg61-png.2300149
Thanks for posting for the millionth time a photo of me when I was bloated, 1 month and a half after surgery.
click on my profile if you wanna see what i look like now

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
Thanks for posting for the millionth time a photo of me when I was bloated, 1 month and a half after surgery.
click on my profile if you wanna see what i look like now
i just wanted to know if this is you
you look ok

Morality is what keep the poor from killing the rich.

We want goyims like you to be moral.

Without god, western morality falls apart and makes no logical sense. If you define good and evil as an absolute truth defined by god, how can it still make sense if god doesn't exist.

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 17430
Without god, western morality falls apart and makes no logical sense. If you define good and evil as an absolute truth defined by god, how can it still make sense if god doesn't exist.
why would you define morality like that? it's partly biological partly a product of culture

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17430
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview
No it doesn't
It does, and even worse it views suffering as the fault of mankind. From the western perspective, the world is inherently good and humans are fucking it up. This concept is the core of modern liberalism, feminism and even environmentalism.

• +1
Good thread

• +1
I know it is
Clearly you buy into this new moralistic culture.

You think there is an objective standard of morality that doesn't come from God, but instead is biological? You are coping hard.

If you aren't religious then you must believe in evolution. According to evolution, you are an animal. Your brain evolved from natural selection. Every intrinsic thing about the human mind, aka instinct that you have is designed to be beneficial for your own well being and the well being of those close to you. Without being taught morality from a young age, all that's left is tribalism.

To our hunter gatherer ancestors, there was no standard of empathy or fairness that they had for all humans. They only cared about their family and friends in the tribe. A random stranger was no different than an animal. If he was seen as a threat, the outsider would be killed with no hesitation and no one would feel bad about it. If he was seen as friendly, he could join the tribe and then they'd slowly grow a bond with him. Selective empathy and tribalism is our default.

Clearly you buy into this new moralistic culture.

You think there is an objective standard of morality that doesn't come from God, but instead is biological? You are coping hard.

If you aren't religious then you must believe in evolution. According to evolution, you are an animal. Your brain evolved from natural selection. Every intrinsic thing about the human mind, aka instinct that you have is designed to be beneficial for your own well being and the well being of those close to you. Without being taught morality from a young age, all that's left is tribalism.

To our hunter gatherer ancestors, there was no standard of empathy or fairness that they had for all humans. They only cared about their family and friends in the tribe. A random stranger was no different than an animal. If he was seen as a threat, the outsider would be killed with no hesitation and no one would feel bad about it. If he was seen as friendly, he could join the tribe and then they'd slowly grow a bond with him. Selective empathy and tribalism is our default.
stop overexplaining things I already know, it makes you seem dumb

the whole world is our tribe now, thinking otherwise is cope

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
here's where you cope with "it's unnatural" or some bullshit like that when what you can see in front of your own eyes clearly says differently roflmao

It's part of the process of mass consciousness ascension

stop overexplaining things I already know, it makes you seem dumb

the whole world is our tribe now, thinking otherwise is cope
no, its not

i dont care about starving kids in africa