Thoughts on this French orthodontist ?

Genetic Snake Eye

Genetic Snake Eye

Very unlucky rolls
Hello,

Long time lurker, French LTN, looking to surgerymax. I plan to start with bi-max and I thought, considering it is a fairly common surgery, that I would do it in France. I heard we have decent orthodontists, and it is not as expensive as America or UK — although money is not a problem and I’d rather pay a lot and have better odds of a good result.

Anyways, I stumbled across this orthodontist — Dr. Issembert, links to his site and Instagram below —, went to a first appointment. I have an asymmetrical and slightly recessed jaw, and he advised for braces (bi-max) and a genioplasty, to make my lower face and my chin more forward. He would not be the one performing the chin surgery, he told me it can be tricky for asymmetrical jaws so he would send me to one of the best surgeons in France for this procedure. This had me reassured, because you cannot have more than one genioplasty, so I really want to avoid it going wrong, or the results being underwhelming.

My first impression was that he seemed legit and knowledgeable Seemed, because I have not as much experience and knowledge as the more seasoned looksmaxxers of the forum… which is why I am posting.

So, I come with two questions:

• What do you think about him? He’s somewhat more expensive than your average French orthodontist (he charges for 12-15k whereas the average price in France is more like 6-8k) ; by the looks of his site, he also deals with foreign clients (even Chinese JFL), so I thought it means that he’s good.I have yet to go for a second appointment where he’ll do mapping of my teeth after the surgery.
  • If you have a better orthodontist in mind, whether in EUW or US, who would that be?

Here are the links:

• Insta . He posts the before/after on it. Most of the pictures are just orthodontics, as most patients just want to fix their teeth, but he also posts the surgery he performs. Again, judging from the pictures, it looks nice.
  • His personal site
Thanks in advance,

GSE.

Last edited:
DNR but french = zero IQ