To what extent is Mewing and Mew’s theories correct

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
For example in my opinion, I think that not mouth breathing is enough oral posture rather than the whole tounge on palate thing. I can’t agree that every model or human is meant to have their tounge like that. I think chewing to an extent is also pretty legit in facial development. However I think Mew definitely is neglecting some other aspects such as nutrition, hormones, Weston Price, etc. (Maybe even phénotype matching parents)
But I wanna hear what you guys think tbh.
@Wincel get in here comrade

body posture is much more important than tongue posture, this is proven a lot with ppl like cavill and stuff

unless their tongues are tiny

• +1
Reactions: mojopin, Butthurt Dweller and Deleted member 656
absolutely, 100% undeniably true.

When you mew, your jaw looks better, thats the extent of it imo for adults.

From what I've seen all of Mike Mew's theories are correct except him brushing off Weston Price's work like its nothing. A lot of mentally handicapped people on this forum (and there are a lot of them) have conjured up a character who also goes by the name of Mike Mew who loves saying "mewing is magic and if it doesn't work in a week or you see one frauded before and after pic then I'm a scammer and a meme. Remember mewing is for maxillary upswing only guys! Not supposed to do anything else!" Most people who deny Mew's work don't even know what it is and haven't looked into any of it, they just have a bad feeling about him because he's their scapegoat for the exaggerated claims of people who hype him up way too much.

I think that not mouth breathing is enough oral posture rather than the whole tounge on palate thing. I can’t agree that every model or human is meant to have their tounge like that.
Do you have any reasoning to back up this statement? I think if you looked into the dental balance zone theory and the natural adult swallow you would agree with the tongue posture. I'm sure there are some other great examples here but my brain fails me in my sleep deprived state.

Last edited:
Can mewing help with Longmidface? I'm 16.5 yo

From what I've seen all of Mike Mew's theories are correct except him brushing off Weston Price's work like its nothing. A lot of mentally handicapped people on this forum (and there are a lot of them) have conjured up a character who also goes by the name of Mike Mew who loves saying "mewing is magic and if it doesn't work in a week or you see one frauded before and after pic then I'm a scammer and a meme. Remember mewing is for maxillary upswing only guys! Not supposed to do anything else!" Most people who deny Mew's work don't even know what it is and haven't looked into any of it, they just have a bad feeling about him because he's their scapegoat for the exaggerated claims of people who hype him up way too much.

Do you have any reasoning to back up this statement? I think if you looked into the dental balance zone theory and the natural adult swallow you would agree with the tongue posture. I'm sure there are some other great examples here but my brain fails me in my sleep deprived state.
Good looking peopel with narrow palates. Example: Henry Cavill. Amazing side profile and facial structure but very narrow palate. Same with anyone who is good looking but had braces. Braces are supposed to fuck you up. Bieber had braces so did Chico for example. And mew says straight teeth are merely a symptom of good facial development so those people shouldn’t have even needed braces according to his theory.
In contrast I know peopel with perfectly straight teeth naturally but their faces are plain (not attractive). Contradicts mew entirely.
Lastly, a bit unrelated but native Americans who were well known for perfect ideal development facially, oftentimes had long midfaces in the old photos taken in the 1800s. They were on traditions diet and everything. Mew insinuated a long midface is always a deformity or something. Basically mew argues everyone should look a certain way which I can’t beleive.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
all the before after pic of mewing on the internet are cope

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
Good looking peopel with narrow palates. Example: Henry Cavill. Amazing side profile and facial structure but very narrow palate.
Is he amazing looking because he has a narrow palate or is he amazing looking even with a narrow palate? Palate expansion increases zygomatic width (especially rapid palate expansion) which is beneficial to most people. Mike Mew never claims that if you meet his standards for healthy in orthotropic terms that you will be model tier or that you cannot be model tier if you do not meet his standards, its just that most good-looking people correctly developed and when you start correcting poor development you are very likely to become more goodlooking.

Same with anyone who is good looking but had braces. Braces are supposed to fuck you up. Bieber had braces so did Chico for example.
This is just anecdotal evidence. Mike Mew uses braces on some of his patients, I don't know where you got this idea that braces are supposed to always bring your looks to subhuman level. I (and Mike Mew) warn against braces because there is a risk, nobody is claiming it is going to happen without a doubt. It depends on the orthodontist, the patient, and the methods used to straighten teeth.

And mew says straight teeth are merely a symptom of good facial development so those people shouldn’t have even needed braces according to his theory.
According to Mike Mew these examples would not have perfect facial development, yet they do look good. I don't think Mike Mew denies genetic influence. Generally speaking the closer you are to perfect facial development the better looking you are, this is not challenged here.

In contrast I know peopel with perfectly straight teeth naturally but their faces are plain (not attractive). Contradicts mew entirely.
More anecdotal evidence.

Lastly, a bit unrelated but native Americans who were well known for perfect ideal development facially, oftentimes had long midfaces in the old photos taken in the 1800s. They were on traditions diet and everything. Mew insinuated a long midface is always a deformity or something.
I don't think he ever said that.

Basically mew argues everyone should look a certain way which I can’t beleive.
Mew argues everyone without absolute perfect development could benefit from following the tropic premise, fixing their posture, chewing harder food for longer periods of time, and swallowing correctly. This is what I asked you to challenge.

Is he amazing looking because he has a narrow palate or is he amazing looking even with a narrow palate? Palate expansion increases zygomatic width (especially rapid palate expansion) which is beneficial to most people. Mike Mew never claims that if you meet his standards for healthy in orthotropic terms that you will be model tier or that you cannot be model tier if you do not meet his standards, its just that most good-looking people correctly developed and when you start correcting poor development you are very likely to become more goodlooking.

This is just anecdotal evidence. Mike Mew uses braces on some of his patients, I don't know where you got this idea that braces are supposed to always bring your looks to subhuman level. I (and Mike Mew) warn against braces because there is a risk, nobody is claiming it is going to happen without a doubt. It depends on the orthodontist, the patient, and the methods used to straighten teeth.

According to Mike Mew these examples would not have perfect facial development, yet they do look good. I don't think Mike Mew denies genetic influence. Generally speaking the closer you are to perfect facial development the better looking you are, this is not challenged here.

More anecdotal evidence.

I don't think he ever said that.

Mew argues everyone without absolute perfect development could benefit from following the tropic premise, fixing their posture, chewing harder food for longer periods of time, and swallowing correctly. This is what I asked you to challenge.
First of all, you can’t jjst write anecdotal evidence off like you are. It’s entitely valid and should be considered.
With regards to Cavill, I was pointing out that he shows that a face can be well formed and developed while also showing symptoms of what Mews says to be badly developed (narrow palate). Giorgio Baptiste is another example i might add.
John Mew constantly relates back to how a long face is a bad thing and a sign of craniofacial dystrophy. Vertical growth is the biggest symptom of that according to them. Considering that perfectly developed native Americans possessed longer midfaces in some cases, I would argue, shows that it is not always a deviation from proper development.
Honestly, the only way in which we can be sure of this is to ask peope with exceptional development where their tounge rests. People liek Barret (if you can even include him since he had many extractions apparently) or other models, or possibly traditional people still living in the old ways such as in Africa,etc.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
First of all, you can’t jjst write anecdotal evidence off like you are. It’s entitely valid and should be considered.
With regards to Cavill, I was pointing out that he shows that a face can be well formed and developed while also showing symptoms of what Mews says to be badly developed (narrow palate). Giorgio Baptiste is another example i might add.
John Mew constantly relates back to how a long face is a bad thing and a sign of craniofacial dystrophy. Vertical growth is the biggest symptom of that according to them. Considering that perfectly developed native Americans possessed longer midfaces in some cases, I would argue, shows that it is not always a deviation from proper development.
Honestly, the only way in which we can be sure of this is to ask peope with exceptional development where their tounge rests. People liek Barret (if you can even include him since he had many extractions apparently) or other models, or possibly traditional people still living in the old ways such as in Africa,etc.
Mew's theories are in terms of the majority of cases, what is generally true. Its like saying men are stronger than women, its true but I'm sure you can find a given woman stronger than a given man. I can write off anecdotal evidence as not posing a threat to a generalized observation.

I'm sure Mew wouldn't disagree that you can be good looking without having a wide palate

Orthotropics is not an exact science (and isn't presented as one) and I agree, a long midface doesn't always mean improper development. The entire face needs to be taken into account.

The tongue resting in the palate has shown in orthotropic cases to widen the jaws and zygos, prevent sleep apnea, prevent crooked teeth, correct downward growth, produce forward growth of the jaws etc. I think it's an ideal resting position.

Last edited:
I think mewing is legit for those going through puberty and maybe a short time after..

Us oldcels' bones have fused. It's over for us

I think mewing is legit for those going through puberty and maybe a short time after..

Us oldcels' bones have fused. It's over for us
human skull plates don't fuse until 80 or so

human skull plates don't fuse until 80 or so
Looksmax rating subforum in the year 2063:
“80 year old male, Norwood 27, is it over for me?
Mew's theories are in terms of the majority of cases, what is generally true. Its like saying men are stronger than women, its true but I'm sure you can find a given woman stronger than a given man. I can write off anecdotal evidence as not posing a threat to a generalized observation.

I'm sure Mew wouldn't disagree that you can be good looking without having a wide palate

Orthotropics is not an exact science (and isn't presented as one) and I agree, a long midface doesn't always mean improper development. The entire face needs to be taken into account.

The tongue resting in the palate has shown in orthotropic cases to widen the jaws and zygos, prevent sleep apnea, prevent crooked teeth, correct downward growth, produce forward growth of the jaws etc. I think it's an ideal resting position.
Then how is it Weston Price was unable to find this link between posture and development? He traveled the world for years and didn’t come up with the theory.
And if you’ve seen Mike Mew’s brother, you’ll see that he looks very much like John Mew. Surely he would have mewed but his Davis structure is that of a non mewer tbh.
I suppose the real test is what Mews children look liek in a few years.