Tongue tie, an underestimated impact

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
A short tongue tie, often referred to as ankyloglossia, prevents your tongue from taking it's.proper position (resting with slight anterior pressure against your palate, i.e. mewing).

Ideally, it's diagnosed at a very young age, however, no matter how old you are, it is always worth getting it fixed, especially if you are undergoing jaw surgery and want to prevent a relapse.

Ankyloglossia is treated with a quick frenotomy under local anaesthesia with a laser. Virtually any ortho, dentist, jaw surgeon or even general practicioner can do it.

Frenotomy, before and after.

280px Lingual Frenectomy   Before and After

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940, deepweb1298 and Deleted member 17244
I'm diagnosed with this but I can proper mew and breath by nose

A short tongue tie, often referred to as ankyloglossia, prevents your tongue from taking it's.proper position (resting with slight anterior pressure against your palate, i.e. mewing).

Ideally, it's diagnosed at a very young age, however, no matter how old you are, it is always worth getting it fixed, especially if you are undergoing jaw surgery and want to prevent a relapse.

Ankyloglossia is treated with a quick frenotomy under local anaesthesia with a laser. Virtually any ortho, dentist, jaw surgeon or even general practicioner can do it.

View attachment 1726286
getting this cut as well when im getting my genio. Surgeon said he would do it for free since its not even a big deal.

I'm diagnosed with this but I can proper mew and breath by nose
same here but im still getting it cut, can only do good by getting it cut

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
This, look at your children at birth and clip it off

This, look at your children at birth and clip it off
Yeah, my ortho back then just ignored it, she was incompetent beyond belief. She should be sued for millions for ruining my craniofacial development but Swiss laws are so fucking cucked I can't do anything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32196, Rt-Rust1, Deleted member 2729 and 3 others

View attachment 1726286
A hole in your tongue? What am I looking for

99% of practicioners will botch this :feelshmm: I had it done at 7 years old (I couldn't speak properly) and they cut 2mm :feelshmm:
Yeah, my ortho back then just ignored it, she was incompetent beyond belief. She should be sued for millions for ruining my craniofacial development but Swiss laws are so fucking cucked I can't do anything
543143_3621928085736_831815643_n.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Acromegaly_Chad
Bro you know I am getting trimax, would you say I should get it removed?

Isn't Switzerland the BEST place in Europe to get surgery?

Kinda German quality + more qualified surgeons due to higher wages... :Comfy: