Training the suprahyoid muscle for a better jawline?

Zures

Zures

Bronze
Probably everyone who is reading this has read @Tallooksmaxxer thread on how to raise the hyoid bone
However I wanted to add other methods (exercises) to raise the hyoid bone

• Working out the neck, but with emphasis to the suprahyoid muscles

You could do this by:
1. Training the neck doing Weighted Neck Nods like this

2. Forcing those muscles like 1stman does here (basically forcing the mewing position repeatedly)

3. High Speed Jaw opening like this Asian subhuman

Besides (supposedly) getting a better, more defined jawline, it's confirmed in this study that you will improve your swallowing function, due to the targeting in the fast-twitch muscle fibers of the Suprahyoid muscles

Thoughts?
@enchanted_elixir @Prettyboy @AscendingHero @tyronelite

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Mr.Proper, Racky, Tallooksmaxxer and 2 others
Cope. It seems to me that 1STMAN's facial exercises are just unnatural movements that are going to generate TMJ.

• +1
Reactions: Zures
Cope. It seems to me that 1STMAN's facial exercises are just unnatural movements that are going to generate TMJ.
Benefits of raising this bone?
@Zures

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
If you hypertrophied this muscle through exercise wouldn’t it make the hyoid lose definition?

• Hmm...
Benefits of raising this bone?
@Zures
A low hyoid bone can make your neck look like fat and saggy and make your jaw appear less sharp.

A high set hyoid bone pulls the skin around that area and thus makes you have a sharp jawline, many male models' side profiles have high set hyoid bones

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir and Racky
what about the 1st and 3rd method?
They seem to be legit. About the first exercise, just train your neck and you're good to go and the last one is to strengthen the bone if you have it weak.

hyoid position is everything. if its low you will forever look like a fat subhuman. just mew

• +1
Probably everyone who is reading this has read @Tallooksmaxxer thread on how to raise the hyoid bone
However I wanted to add other methods (exercises) to raise the hyoid bone

• Working out the neck, but with emphasis to the suprahyoid muscles
View attachment 1805214

You could do this by:
1. Training the neck doing Weighted Neck Nods like this
View attachment 1805218

2. Forcing those muscles like 1stman does here (basically forcing the mewing position repeatedly)
View attachment 1805228

3. High Speed Jaw opening like this Asian subhuman
View attachment 1805233

Besides (supposedly) getting a better, more defined jawline, it's confirmed in this study that you will improve your swallowing function, due to the targeting in the fast-twitch muscle fibers of the Suprahyoid muscles

Thoughts?
@enchanted_elixir @Prettyboy @AscendingHero @tyronelite
Doesn't work if you're East African, most don't have fast twitch muscles hahah

Well, it looks solid in theory, don't know about it in practice.

Did it for 3 months daily. 0 results.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu
I noticed submental area became more toned after regular neck training, despite staying in relatively the same bodyfat %. Hyoid position in rested state seems to be closer to "fully consciously mewing" position now.

• Love it