Mogs Treat Success Like A Video Game

Guess What?

Guess What?

Zephir
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Posts
2,821
Reputation
1,751
Time online
37d 12h 57m
nice thread
 
Last edited:
Deleted member 502

Deleted member 502

Master
Joined
Nov 4, 2018
Posts
1,513
Reputation
1,517
Time online
11d 9h 55m
Troglodyte said:
 
doncel

doncel

Adept
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Posts
109
Reputation
176
Time online
4d 4h 41m
big cock energy
 
D

Deleted member 20

Mage
Joined
Aug 11, 2018
Posts
719
Reputation
655
Time online
3d 23h 39m
MAKEOUTHILL999 said:
Posts like these are why I'm on .me

Same. I'm glad I'm migrating here more often than previously. The advice they give is invaluable.
 
lonelystoner

lonelystoner

Get a mortgage on your face.
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Posts
945
Reputation
1,010
Time online
9d 5h 50m
$tackThatMoney said:
Life is simply a video game where you can't give up and log off.

The R&G (randomness element) is brutal.

You might be born as a 1 PSL orphan in an underdeveloped, wartorn nation.
You might be born in NYC to two loving, wealthy parents, whose genetics afforded you 7 PSL and 120 IQ.

Whatever situation you find yourself in, divorce yourself from ego, and make the best play.

If I told you that, to win $10,000, you would have to play a simulator-style game and help a bottom 1% person achieve a top 1% life, you would do it.

You would instruct the character to:

  • Eat healthily
  • Work hard and make a lot of money
  • Go the gym
  • Push themselves out of their comfort zone (socially)
  • Read
  • Seek out new experiences

As soon as one is forced to actually engage in productive behaviours, laziness, procrastination and excuses appear.

Most people know what they need to do. But something stops them from doing it.

There are many factors - but one of the most significant is ego.

When you play a game as a pixellated character, there is no sense of entitlement. Simply a knowledge that certain steps must be taken to achieve certain outcomes.

And yet, in real life (especially here) I see a mentality of unparalleled weakness (ironically, from those users who try and appear the most strong - by shitting on others who are trying to improve themselves and make positive contributions).

They make comments such as:
  • 'No gym for your face'
  • 'Chad doesn't read'
  • '7 years in medical school, meanwhile Meeks gets signed off of a mugshot'
Ok. All of these comments might be true. So what?

Scathing comments such as these are really a symptom of someone who wants to make excuses for their lack of success in life. No matter what your current situation is, someone in a worse position has risen to great success and happiness.

This is not an attack on users who feel this way. I am trying to lead you to a better paradigm.

As I mentioned earlier, you must divorce yourself entirely from ego.

Religious values are deteriorating. We are returning to the state of the uncaring hypergamy that saw 17 women procreate for every one man at the start of the agricultural revolution. You must be better than ever to achieve above-average outcomes.

The first stage of this is accepting where you are. Acknowledge that you are not entitled to shit, that no-one (not even your parents) cares about your outcomes more than you do.

Every day, you make thousands of micro-decisions that dictate what kind of future you will have. When you walk into an exam, the outcome is pretty much settled; it is a result of your behaviour for the weeks, months and years leading up to that moment.

View attachment 877555

Every time you make a choice that you logically know is wrong (that you would not tell your video-game character to make), remember that your competition is doing the opposite.

Those decisions have compounding effects over time. You and one of your competition might start in the same place (let's say slightly below average in every respect, for argument's sake).

In 10 years:

He:
  • Is gymmaxxed, with an above average girlfriend
  • Is making $100k per year (achievable for anyone with an average IQ)
  • Has a decent social circle, and fills his weekends with sports, games nights and educational events
  • Is happy

You:

  • Are sitting in your parents' basement.

You stumble across a post that reads 'rate my normie friend's life transformation'.

You write 'Cope, he put in all this effort, yet Chad doesn't have to lift a finger for better outcomes'.

You are right.

Your life is also significantly worse than his.

Winning beats being 'right' every single time.

Remember that.
Great post bro. I’m 26 and seriously picked myself up afterward of depressions,anxiety, and being a bum. Went back to school and have a few more semesters for my IT degree. Went back to the gym and slowly am building up my previous musculr body. Also, been improving my mind and health. Trying to moneymaxxx.
 
D

Deleted member 3512

Dean Norris - cel
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Posts
1,438
Reputation
1,737
One of the most valuable topic in the forum. Youngcels, if you like RPG or RTS, play life as a game.

Only two choises : implementing gamification in your life, or...

 
L

loksr

Zephir
Joined
May 24, 2020
Posts
3,622
Reputation
4,190
Time online
101d 5h 59m
I just want to say that it’s RNG (random number generation) not R&G
Good thread though probably
 
tallandhandsome125

tallandhandsome125

Progress, not Perfection.
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Posts
74
Reputation
274
Time online
3d 16h 49m
Been a lurker on this forum for a year now, and haven't chosen to comment on anything until now.

Thank you for your post. It has honestly changed the way I view myself and with such a simple trick, "ego death" seems to be something that is actually consciously possible. Would love to get to know you personally and pick your brain on a couple topics.
 
copingvolcel

copingvolcel

6'4", 193 lbs, Novice Lifter
Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Posts
5,535
Reputation
8,003
Time online
32d 9h 59m
The reason why people don't put in the effort is because the rewards are delayed over a long period of time, so it takes a long time to be rewarded for your hard work. While video games make you happy very quickly. I personally think that the key is to have both short term gratification and long term to be motivated enough to keep going. I found that when I allow myself to have fun instead of just working, I can tolerate my long term goals far more than if I only focused on them and didn't spend any time having fun. The key is to have a balance.
 
copingvolcel

copingvolcel

6'4", 193 lbs, Novice Lifter
Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Posts
5,535
Reputation
8,003
Time online
32d 9h 59m
tallandhandsome125 said:
Been a lurker on this forum for a year now, and haven't chosen to comment on anything until now.

Thank you for your post. It has honestly changed the way I view myself and with such a simple trick, "ego death" seems to be something that is actually consciously possible. Would love to get to know you personally and pick your brain on a couple topics.
I don't think that the problem is ego, I think that it's that we make decisions based on our emotions instead of making decisions based on what is most logical. A lot of men in the manosphere have tried to claim that men are more logical than women but if that was really the case, then we would be a lot more productive and we wouldn't be wasting our time online talking to random people. No matter how we want to force ourselves to think logically about life, it's hard to resist the temptation of just doing what we feel is right.

The difference with successful people is that they are able to discipline their emotions to do what they have to do, and they don't give in to their urges of slacking off, that is how they remain productive over long periods of time, this requires sacrificing and working hard for something that may never become anything. Most people aren't able to do that because it requires them to have blind faith in something that they believe in.

As Steve Jobs said in his famous speech at Stanford University in 2005: "You can't connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. So, you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even if it leads you off the well-worn path. And that will make all the difference."
 
Deleted member 5969

Deleted member 5969

Zephir
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Posts
11,946
Reputation
14,923
Time online
61d 3h 35m
Good thread
This forum is shite
 
tallandhandsome125

tallandhandsome125

Progress, not Perfection.
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Posts
74
Reputation
274
Time online
3d 16h 49m
Please check out my post: https://looksmax.org/threads/micro-decisions-that-dictate-your-future-lets-talk.312044/

First off, I want to give credit to start this journey to this forum: https://looksmax.org/threads/treat-success-like-a-video-game.262187/
OP, you have changed the way I view my life, as a series of decisions that ultimately compound over time to build a new reality. Yes, the randomness element is brutal, no-one chooses to be born ugly or poor, but ultimately, it's our destiny to overcome them to become the best version of yourself. There is more honor in breaking down the obstacle to cross that bridge rather than having everything handed down to you. If you have a cheatcode, the game will no longer be fun to play.

"The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way." - Marcus Aurelius
What this means is that every obstacle you face is the way to advance your next action. We must learn to embrace challenges and conquer them with joy. Small steps, repeated over time will climb any mountain and conquer any undertaking.

To continue this topic, let's talk about the true healthy habits and mindset changes that build up over time. Note: Please remove your ego while reading this. This is not to make ANYONE feel bad about themselves, but to educate, to help and to collaborate to have a society of the 1%. A team that cooperates will always outperform compared to the outcasts who compete.

Personally, in my life, the one thing that changed my reality the most was money. Growing up in an incredibly poor environment fueled my drive to escape the financial burdens and mental agony that comes with daily expenses. Even small things like gas to travel, clothes to look good, or eating lean and healthy were quite difficult to budget in and I had to be conscious of how I was spending my money. From that environment to running my own business now to where I make over 30k a month, and no longer have to care about daily expenses, but plan wisely to invest in myself. The mental freedom that comes from not "having to care SO MUCH" is quite huge. Even though I am not a "millionaire" yet, I at least can enjoy a little bit of stability and have the luxury to think about improving yourself rather than"surviving the daily struggle that is life".

How did I do this? Know what you are good at. If you invest your time and you are good something, you will never be poor. There will always be people who need you for your own series of talents and skillsets. Invest in yourself, invest in your skills and people will come searching for you. Starting a business is really just selling your skillset. I made this change over three years ago, and it has given me an energy to wake up in the morning, to start with gratitude and treat life as a series of smart decisions.

The second thing that changed my life was not chasing girls, but having THEM chase YOU. A lot of people on this forum are quite young and struggle to find a date/get laid/have the validation from women. You shouldn't repress this "urge". It is natural, it is genetic, it is good. However, many of you (as have I when I was young) chase. Realize that this is wrong. You should NEVER chase. You must realize that you must become the 1% of men to get 90% of women. I remember when I was 18 and went into a nightclub, the pathetic feeling of trying to get a girls validation was eye-opening enough for me to realize that the problem wasn't with my approach, but with me. Body language, especially the eyes never lies. Now, after almost 6-7 years later, I can tell you that the club is my territory. All the girls approach ME. You may never know this feeling in your life until you get here, but there is an immense power when every person you see tries to make eye-contact with you. Again, the eyes never lie. Every night I party, I have girls push themselves/literally fight to get to me (I even had brothers pushing their own sisters onto me). Some girls leave their boyfriends on the dance floor to walk up to me. Even in the washroom, I have guys asking if they can PAY ME to have them suck my **** (WTF)!. I have signed girls chests with my phone number and Instagram with their boyfriends on the floor. I have had my photos taken in a club where it went viral and had several of the staff post on their Facebook with their cellphone numbers written down for me to contact them because they didn't know who I was. Every time I go to the club with my friends, they leave after an hour because they cannot handle the amount of attention I get from both guys and girls, it kills their confidence no matter how confident they may be. All I have to do, is just stand there. That's it. If you think I am lying due to your own reality of your cognitive dissonance at this point, then feel free to downvote me. I don't think I am "better than you" or anyone else. My goal here is to educate you into healthy habits to grow mentally, spiritually, physically. The reality is, there is no "game" in the club, there is no problem with your approach, or your "confidence" or how you squint or anything. It is just the way you look. The truth hurts, but if you want to grow, you should acknowledge the root-cause rather than put a band-aid on your ego.

The point is, become the desirable man that is chased, rather than the desperate creepy guy that chases.

How do I do this? I was lucky to be born the way I am, and even though I was never particularly good-looking as a kid, I grew into my looks to a point now where daily, people ask me whether I am an actor or a model. In the past year, I have gone viral on social media platforms with over 500k views from fan-groups using my photos and each photo I post on my Instagram gets on average 7000 likes with over 500 comments. None of it is fake. The desire to "get laid" however has significantly gone down and in the club, I enjoy the attention more than actually bringing the girl home. Many times where I did bring girls home, there is a lot of baggage, territorial boundaries/ownership flags from the girl, and a lot of self-loathing that comes from having degraded yourself merely for the sake of validation. Eventually, you need to find a support system that carries you through not your best self, but your worst self. A girl who helps you grow into a better version rather than consuming the image of your best self. I am lucky to find a girl that accepts my reality, understands my need for space, but also supports the worst and best sides of me. When you find a girl like this, she is a keeper. It's not about "sex". It's about growth.

Now physically, how did I get there from 0 to hero. This forum is meant to be "looksmax". It is meant to help us grow physically, but somehow after lurking on this forum after a few years, I noticed that there is a lot of bullsh*t and the original message and goal has been distorted to making others feel bad about themselves, weak mindsets/excuses of why they are not where they should be, or just burying into a hole of self-loathing. This needs to change, and I want to make the first step towards it.

So what did I learn from my experiences?

When you aren't there, don't "fake it". Fix it.

Surgery is an option for those who lack certain physical features. It's not a magic pill, and sometimes it can definitely destroy you if you aren't careful with how you select your surgeries. I know some people who have had double jaw surgery who have significantly improved their looks, and others who came out looking like a monkey. Those who fall into the latter condition are severely depressed and slave away at their jobs, but I still commend them for having the balls to take a chance and play their cards. You have to be very smart about surgery because sometimes the consequences are irreversible. It is still a risk.

Books are so important not because of "having read" but the ideas and mental clarity that come from it. Posts like the one I suggested above contain far more value in changing your perspective than reading a book about the Agrarian Myth in America of the symbol of the "yeoman". Information must be relevant and usable, and if your point is to brag about how much you read, then you missed the point. It is not about validation of the ego, but the results of your reality.

Time management is key. How you choose to use your time. I use to play so much video games when I wanted an escape, but it is so wrong. Not only is it a waste of your time, but it is shameful to show off anything you achieved in the game. Imagine if you play World of Warcraft and you want to show off your outfit vs working your *** off and having some skills or even material goods. Treat your life as a video game character, and learn the skills to become the best human being, not a virtual character. Sometimes, a video game is nice to play to relax, but the point is to relax, not to invest your time in.

There is much more I want to input, but I want to open up the floor to you guys. I am not the smartest or the most experienced, but I have learned a lot and want to continue learning about life. What are some things that YOU changed about yourself or that you did that changed your reality? What are some books or skills that you learned that made you a better human? What are some things that are holding you back? If this has helped you, and if you want to start this discussion, please share this/give some reputation so that we can have this discourse. Let's change this forum into what it was originally intended to be.​
 
tallandhandsome125

tallandhandsome125

Progress, not Perfection.
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Posts
74
Reputation
274
Time online
3d 16h 49m
copingvolcel said:
I don't think that the problem is ego, I think that it's that we make decisions based on our emotions instead of making decisions based on what is most logical. A lot of men in the manosphere have tried to claim that men are more logical than women but if that was really the case, then we would be a lot more productive and we wouldn't be wasting our time online talking to random people. No matter how we want to force ourselves to think logically about life, it's hard to resist the temptation of just doing what we feel is right.

The difference with successful people is that they are able to discipline their emotions to do what they have to do, and they don't give in to their urges of slacking off, that is how they remain productive over long periods of time, this requires sacrificing and working hard for something that may never become anything. Most people aren't able to do that because it requires them to have blind faith in something that they believe in.

As Steve Jobs said in his famous speech at Stanford University in 2005: "You can't connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. So, you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even if it leads you off the well-worn path. And that will make all the difference."
I think you're right. As humans, we are so incredibly vulnerable to emotions, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing either. If it weren't for our emotions, we wouldn't have music, movies or books. We wouldn't create poetry or create something that is emotionally salient to something that resonates in us. The only thing that would be bad is if we purely made decisions out of emotional susceptibility where then we would be slaves to our own circumstances.

The reason I mention ego is because it is really the wall that we have to break to see ourselves in the third person. That's what I like so much about OP's character idea. It takes us away from that and forces us to think of ourselves objectively, and without as much emotion.

I like your quote on successful people. Discipline is so huge, and the book "Make Your Bed" and also the figure David Goggins has helped me a lot to think about discipline in the right way. Suffering is necessary and crucial towards growth. Blind faith in something that they believe in. I love that. What do you believe in? What are your goals?

Thank you for your input. Would love to get to know you more.
 
$

$tackThatMoney

Adept
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Posts
129
Reputation
652
Time online
12d 19h 16m
tallandhandsome125 said:
Been a lurker on this forum for a year now, and haven't chosen to comment on anything until now.

Thank you for your post. It has honestly changed the way I view myself and with such a simple trick, "ego death" seems to be something that is actually consciously possible. Would love to get to know you personally and pick your brain on a couple topics.
I'm happy to hear that; feel free to send me a PM.
 
FastBananaCEO

FastBananaCEO

Banned
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Posts
34,244
Reputation
53,361
Time online
220d 4h 46m
My life is like a video game
Trying hard to save the girl
All while I am still collecting coins
 
Y

yeeyeeslayer

Enthusiast
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Posts
476
Reputation
278
Time online
16d 23h 51m
no
$tackThatMoney said:
Life is simply a video game where you can't give up and log off.

The R&G (randomness element) is brutal.

You might be born as a 1 PSL orphan in an underdeveloped, wartorn nation.
You might be born in NYC to two loving, wealthy parents, whose genetics afforded you 7 PSL and 120 IQ.

Whatever situation you find yourself in, divorce yourself from ego, and make the best play.

If I told you that, to win $10,000, you would have to play a simulator-style game and help a bottom 1% person achieve a top 1% life, you would do it.

You would instruct the character to:

  • Eat healthily
  • Work hard and make a lot of money
  • Go the gym
  • Push themselves out of their comfort zone (socially)
  • Read
  • Seek out new experiences

As soon as one is forced to actually engage in productive behaviours, laziness, procrastination and excuses appear.

Most people know what they need to do. But something stops them from doing it.

There are many factors - but one of the most significant is ego.

When you play a game as a pixellated character, there is no sense of entitlement. Simply a knowledge that certain steps must be taken to achieve certain outcomes.

And yet, in real life (especially here) I see a mentality of unparalleled weakness (ironically, from those users who try and appear the most strong - by shitting on others who are trying to improve themselves and make positive contributions).

They make comments such as:
  • 'No gym for your face'
  • 'Chad doesn't read'
  • '7 years in medical school, meanwhile Meeks gets signed off of a mugshot'
Ok. All of these comments might be true. So what?

Scathing comments such as these are really a symptom of someone who wants to make excuses for their lack of success in life. No matter what your current situation is, someone in a worse position has risen to great success and happiness.

This is not an attack on users who feel this way. I am trying to lead you to a better paradigm.

As I mentioned earlier, you must divorce yourself entirely from ego.

Religious values are deteriorating. We are returning to the state of the uncaring hypergamy that saw 17 women procreate for every one man at the start of the agricultural revolution. You must be better than ever to achieve above-average outcomes.

The first stage of this is accepting where you are. Acknowledge that you are not entitled to shit, that no-one (not even your parents) cares about your outcomes more than you do.

Every day, you make thousands of micro-decisions that dictate what kind of future you will have. When you walk into an exam, the outcome is pretty much settled; it is a result of your behaviour for the weeks, months and years leading up to that moment.

View attachment 877555

Every time you make a choice that you logically know is wrong (that you would not tell your video-game character to make), remember that your competition is doing the opposite.

Those decisions have compounding effects over time. You and one of your competition might start in the same place (let's say slightly below average in every respect, for argument's sake).

In 10 years:

He:
  • Is gymmaxxed, with an above average girlfriend
  • Is making $100k per year (achievable for anyone with an average IQ)
  • Has a decent social circle, and fills his weekends with sports, games nights and educational events
  • Is happy

You:

  • Are sitting in your parents' basement.

You stumble across a post that reads 'rate my normie friend's life transformation'.

You write 'Cope, he put in all this effort, yet Chad doesn't have to lift a finger for better outcomes'.

You are right.

Your life is also significantly worse than his.

Winning beats being 'right' every single time.

Remember that.
no yea fax, couldn't agree more OP amazing thread.
 
larsanova69

larsanova69

Here to improve myself :)
Joined
Oct 10, 2019
Posts
10,885
Reputation
23,191
Time online
238d 5h 52m
amazing thread will safe this
 
gigi

gigi

portuguesecel aka MOGSTAR ( I love you @Original )
Joined
Dec 17, 2020
Posts
19,436
Reputation
24,361
Time online
175d 12h 36m
Great thread OP
 
Deleted member 5969

Deleted member 5969

Zephir
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Posts
11,946
Reputation
14,923
Time online
61d 3h 35m
Possibly the greatest thread to ever be posted on this site.
 
Blackgymmax

Blackgymmax

its over
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Posts
7,328
Reputation
14,367
Time online
71d 15h 49m
Uback
werty1457 said:
Possibly the greatest thread to ever be posted on this site.
 
LooksmaxDon1

LooksmaxDon1

Knowledgable
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Posts
692
Reputation
691
Time online
14d 15h 30m
Life is a movie
 
Deleted member 5969

Deleted member 5969

Zephir
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Posts
11,946
Reputation
14,923
Time online
61d 3h 35m
FAT B U M P FOR THE GREATEST THREAD TO EVER BE POSTED ON THIS SITE.
 
Deleted member 5969

Deleted member 5969

Zephir
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Posts
11,946
Reputation
14,923
Time online
61d 3h 35m
How could a greycel write such a masterpiece? I'm flabbergasted. The philosophical inquiries made in this post completely obliterate any nihilistic world view. The comparison of the outcomes strikes the importance of the surrender of the ego, and in a greater sense, the surrender of the soul. In a alternate universe, this post would be found written on a tablet at a Greek archeological site, and its wisdom would be worshipped by pagans across the world. I might clean this post up and get it framed.

Well done Sir.
 
Deleted member 5969

Deleted member 5969

Zephir
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Posts
11,946
Reputation
14,923
Time online
61d 3h 35m
werty1457 said:
How could a greycel write such a masterpiece? I'm flabbergasted. The philosophical inquiries made in this post completely obliterate any nihilistic world view. The comparison of the outcomes strikes the importance of the surrender of the ego, and in a greater sense, the surrender of the soul. In a alternate universe, this post would be found written on a tablet at a Greek archeological site, and its wisdom would be worshipped by pagans across the world. I might clean this post up and get it framed.

Well done Sir.
This post should be rewritten for military application and read before a great battle.
 
AsGoodAsItGets

AsGoodAsItGets

Vision architect, 🌲😵‍💫
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Posts
2,085
Reputation
2,131
Time online
36d 20h 14m
$tackThatMoney said:
Life is simply a video game where you can't give up and log off.

The R&G (randomness element) is brutal.

You might be born as a 1 PSL orphan in an underdeveloped, wartorn nation.
You might be born in NYC to two loving, wealthy parents, whose genetics afforded you 7 PSL and 120 IQ.

Whatever situation you find yourself in, divorce yourself from ego, and make the best play.

If I told you that, to win $10,000, you would have to play a simulator-style game and help a bottom 1% person achieve a top 1% life, you would do it.

You would instruct the character to:

  • Eat healthily
  • Work hard and make a lot of money
  • Go the gym
  • Push themselves out of their comfort zone (socially)
  • Read
  • Seek out new experiences

As soon as one is forced to actually engage in productive behaviours, laziness, procrastination and excuses appear.

Most people know what they need to do. But something stops them from doing it.

There are many factors - but one of the most significant is ego.

When you play a game as a pixellated character, there is no sense of entitlement. Simply a knowledge that certain steps must be taken to achieve certain outcomes.

And yet, in real life (especially here) I see a mentality of unparalleled weakness (ironically, from those users who try and appear the most strong - by shitting on others who are trying to improve themselves and make positive contributions).

They make comments such as:
  • 'No gym for your face'
  • 'Chad doesn't read'
  • '7 years in medical school, meanwhile Meeks gets signed off of a mugshot'
Ok. All of these comments might be true. So what?

Scathing comments such as these are really a symptom of someone who wants to make excuses for their lack of success in life. No matter what your current situation is, someone in a worse position has risen to great success and happiness.

This is not an attack on users who feel this way. I am trying to lead you to a better paradigm.

As I mentioned earlier, you must divorce yourself entirely from ego.

Religious values are deteriorating. We are returning to the state of the uncaring hypergamy that saw 17 women procreate for every one man at the start of the agricultural revolution. You must be better than ever to achieve above-average outcomes.

The first stage of this is accepting where you are. Acknowledge that you are not entitled to shit, that no-one (not even your parents) cares about your outcomes more than you do.

Every day, you make thousands of micro-decisions that dictate what kind of future you will have. When you walk into an exam, the outcome is pretty much settled; it is a result of your behaviour for the weeks, months and years leading up to that moment.

View attachment 877555

Every time you make a choice that you logically know is wrong (that you would not tell your video-game character to make), remember that your competition is doing the opposite.

Those decisions have compounding effects over time. You and one of your competition might start in the same place (let's say slightly below average in every respect, for argument's sake).

In 10 years:

He:
  • Is gymmaxxed, with an above average girlfriend
  • Is making $100k per year (achievable for anyone with an average IQ)
  • Has a decent social circle, and fills his weekends with sports, games nights and educational events
  • Is happy

You:

  • Are sitting in your parents' basement.

You stumble across a post that reads 'rate my normie friend's life transformation'.

You write 'Cope, he put in all this effort, yet Chad doesn't have to lift a finger for better outcomes'.

You are right.

Your life is also significantly worse than his.

Winning beats being 'right' every single time.

Remember that.
Nice.
 
wereqryan

wereqryan

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
Joined
Oct 13, 2018
Posts
2,489
Reputation
4,007
Time online
97d 12h 38m
$tackThatMoney said:
No matter what your current situation is, someone in a worse position has risen to great success and happiness.
This is an opinion. Its not grounded in reality. Upward social mobility is a lie. If you've managed to climb out of the cesspit and onto heaen, then its because you were born with the basic biological ingredients that made it happen. If you don't have those ingredients, being placed in a great environment isn't going to help you out that much. We must remember that everything is predetermined. The entire set of possible trajectories of our existence were determined on the very moment of our conception in the womb.
 
wereqryan

wereqryan

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
Joined
Oct 13, 2018
Posts
2,489
Reputation
4,007
Time online
97d 12h 38m
$tackThatMoney said:
Acknowledge that you are not entitled to shit, that no-one (not even your parents) cares about your outcomes more than you do.
You're not entitled to shit IF you're born a subhuman. There, I corrected it for you. If you're lucky enough to be born into one of the fortunate groups, then society will go out of its way to elevate you even if you are lazy piece of shit with no intention or drive for ascension.
 
warpsociety

warpsociety

🔥🔥The One You See In Your Nightmares🥶
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Posts
1,939
Reputation
2,209
Time online
27d 9h 30m
your mom treat me like a video game she push my buttons
 
$

$tackThatMoney

Adept
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Posts
129
Reputation
652
Time online
12d 19h 16m
werty1457 said:
This post should be rewritten for military application and read before a great battle.
Lmao, thank you for the compliments. I'm glad it has benefited you.
 
$

$tackThatMoney

Adept
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Posts
129
Reputation
652
Time online
12d 19h 16m
wereqryan said:
This is an opinion. Its not grounded in reality. Upward social mobility is a lie. If you've managed to climb out of the cesspit and onto heaen, then its because you were born with the basic biological ingredients that made it happen. If you don't have those ingredients, being placed in a great environment isn't going to help you out that much. We must remember that everything is predetermined. The entire set of possible trajectories of our existence were determined on the very moment of our conception in the womb.
It's ironic that you would critique my point for not being grounded in reality, whilst also adhering to a completely Deterministic worldview.

By the look of your profile, it seems you are ashamed of your South-East Asian Heritage. I have a genuine question for you.

Take two versions of yourself, within two realities.

1. Refers to himself as 'scum' based on his ethnic background
2. Is proud/accepting of his culture, realising that it is more beneficial to embrace it than ruthlessly criticise oneself.

If you're honestly proposing that 'everything is predetermined' then you are adopting a narrative within which there is no behavioural difference between version 1 and 2.

I would assert that version 2 would walk around with a level of self-belief that makes him more pleasant to be around, and that at least to some degree his outcomes would be better. He would, on average, make more friends, business contacts and have a better relationship with his family.

Outside of any practical benefit, his resting happiness level would be significantly higher, since he would be replacing a damning internal dialogue for a positive one.

Essentially, I'm challenging your outlook, because if you could shift from paradigm 1 to 2, your experience of life would be far better.

Your biggest issue is not your looks, but your neurochemistry. If you could increase your PSL, then of course, you would do it. But you can't (to some extent). You can change your negative views for productive ones. Call this coping if you like, but it is extremely likely to increase your odds of achieving practical success (financially, socially, romantically).

I had a friend who was 6'2, 6.75 PSL. He was a complete sociopath, with a cynical, negative view of the world. He had fantastic success within dating (short-term), but long term, high-quality people refused to be around him. He began stealing from shops (despite being wealthy), scamming people, and alienating everyone who cared about him.

My point is, you can achieve whatever level of physical, empirical success you want. Until you divorce yourself from a counterproductive mindset, your experience of reality will be hellish.

I wish you well.

...
 
wereqryan

wereqryan

White Worshiping Eugenicist Curry Scum
Joined
Oct 13, 2018
Posts
2,489
Reputation
4,007
Time online
97d 12h 38m
$tackThatMoney said:
It's ironic that you would critique my point for not being grounded in reality, whilst also adhering to a completely Deterministic worldview.

By the look of your profile, it seems you are ashamed of your South-East Asian Heritage. I have a genuine question for you.

Take two versions of yourself, within two realities.

1. Refers to himself as 'scum' based on his ethnic background
2. Is proud/accepting of his culture, realising that it is more beneficial to embrace it than ruthlessly criticise oneself.

If you're honestly proposing that 'everything is predetermined' then you are adopting a narrative within which there is no behavioural difference between version 1 and 2.

I would assert that version 2 would walk around with a level of self-belief that makes him more pleasant to be around, and that at least to some degree his outcomes would be better. He would, on average, make more friends, business contacts and have a better relationship with his family.

Outside of any practical benefit, his resting happiness level would be significantly higher, since he would be replacing a damning internal dialogue for a positive one.

Essentially, I'm challenging your outlook, because if you could shift from paradigm 1 to 2, your experience of life would be far better.

Your biggest issue is not your looks, but your neurochemistry. If you could increase your PSL, then of course, you would do it. But you can't (to some extent). You can change your negative views for productive ones. Call this coping if you like, but it is extremely likely to increase your odds of achieving practical success (financially, socially, romantically).

I had a friend who was 6'2, 6.75 PSL. He was a complete sociopath, with a cynical, negative view of the world. He had fantastic success within dating (short-term), but long term, high-quality people refused to be around him. He began stealing from shops (despite being wealthy), scamming people, and alienating everyone who cared about him.

My point is, you can achieve whatever level of physical, empirical success you want. Until you divorce yourself from a counterproductive mindset, your experience of reality will be hellish.

I wish you well.

...
It wouldn't make too much difference if I was a more friendly and sociable person. Plenty of deathniks around me are bluepilled and sociable, and yet in spite of their positivity, they continue to linger as bottom feeders in society. How you get treated depends on your biomarkers of health and sexual dimorphism.
 
Syobevoli

Syobevoli

Zephir
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Posts
14,807
Reputation
34,559
Time online
290d 20h 41m
The problem with working hard and disciplined is often that it doesn't lead towards success, because you aren't working smart.

It's like working hard digging a hole with your hands. You dig every day for 10 hours, so you eventually have that hole you want so badly. Let's call this the car mechanic working at someone elses shop, making decent pay but really nothing good. Many people end up here.

But meanwhile another person is digging with a spade. This guy things he is doing well and making twice your income for the same effort. This is a guy that got a practical business degree and is running a car mechanic workshop, and hired you. He is busy running his business and thinks he is doing well. Some people end up here.

But meanwhile another perosn is digging with an excavator. He is making 10 times the income of the guy digging with his hands. This could be a guy that has multiple car mechanic workshops and learned how to evade taxes through some fancy constructions 'semi illegaly'.


Anyways my point is you have these comparisons in every facet of life.

1 guy is working out hard, other guy simply uses the steroids cheatcode and has twice your results for half the effort. While you are watching your diet and workouts perfectly, he is getting better results by just using roids and working out casually.

1 guy is trying hard to do well in the dating market in his home country, other guy moved to an easier country and has an easier time getting hotter and higher quality women than you ever will in your home country. While you are struggling to get dates with decent women, this guy is marrying a trad wife stacy in ukraine

etc etc etc

It's very hard to know when you are doing something that is actually efficient and leading to somewhere great when you are not seeing clear benefits, rewards, along the way.

It could be that you are the person digging a hole with his hands. Very cool that you work 12 hours/day but you ain't getting anywhere.

But maybe you are the guy digging that hole with a spade, thinking you are doing well. But you never find out about the excavator...




Personally having studied physics for the last couple of years and losing motivation and interest in it. Is because I stopped believing that academia is actually a decent, efficient path to success. I believe it's one of those scenarios, studying hard, that you are the guy with the spade laughing at the low-educated retail workers. But meanwhile you are really not going anywhere either because you shouldve known about the excavator.


So I work all these years to become godlike in academia, only to basically be cementing myself in this spade-digging lifestyle. One of many life's dead ends...

Who knows what road to take tbh, most lead to failure, especially when you have some inherent disadvantages. Chad going to med school will become a ladiesman with a respected carreer. Incel going to med school will become a creepy lonely doctor, so for him this lifepath is no longer good enough. For him to get 'success' he needs to take bigger risks, and probably suffer way more failure, just to get similar results.


Turning to crime to get high income. Turning to kidnapping and rape to get offspring with an attractive woman. Tbh at some point the risks become too high to get the wanted outcome.
 
Last edited:
yoshpron

yoshpron

Trainee
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Posts
2
Reputation
2
Time online
38m
You can do allright for your
Syobevoli said:
The problem with working hard and disciplined is often that it doesn't lead towards success, because you aren't working smart.

It's like working hard digging a hole with your hands. You dig every day for 10 hours, so you eventually have that hole you want so badly. Let's call this the car mechanic working at someone elses shop, making decent pay but really nothing good. Many people end up here.

But meanwhile another person is digging with a spade. This guy things he is doing well and making twice your income for the same effort. This is a guy that got a practical business degree and is running a car mechanic workshop, and hired you. He is busy running his business and thinks he is doing well. Some people end up here.

But meanwhile another perosn is digging with an excavator. He is making 10 times the income of the guy digging with his hands. This could be a guy that has multiple car mechanic workshops and learned how to evade taxes through some fancy constructions 'semi illegaly'.


Anyways my point is you have these comparisons in every facet of life.

1 guy is working out hard, other guy simply uses the steroids cheatcode and has twice your results for half the effort. While you are watching your diet and workouts perfectly, he is getting better results by just using roids and working out casually.

1 guy is trying hard to do well in the dating market in his home country, other guy moved to an easier country and has an easier time getting hotter and higher quality women than you ever will in your home country. While you are struggling to get dates with decent women, this guy is marrying a trad wife stacy in ukraine

etc etc etc

It's very hard to know when you are doing something that is actually efficient and leading to somewhere great when you are not seeing clear benefits, rewards, along the way.

It could be that you are the person digging a hole with his hands. Very cool that you work 12 hours/day but you ain't getting anywhere.

But maybe you are the guy digging that hole with a spade, thinking you are doing well. But you never find out about the excavator...




Personally having studied physics for the last couple of years and losing motivation and interest in it. Is because I stopped believing that academia is actually a decent, efficient path to success. I believe it's one of those scenarios, studying hard, that you are the guy with the spade laughing at the low-educated retail workers. But meanwhile you are really not going anywhere either because you shouldve known about the excavator.


So I work all these years to become godlike in academia, only to basically be cementing myself in this spade-digging lifestyle. One of many life's dead ends...

Who knows what road to take tbh, most lead to failure, especially when you have some inherent disadvantages. Chad going to med school will become a ladiesman with a respected carreer. Incel going to med school will become a creepy lonely doctor, so for him this lifepath is no longer good enough. For him to get 'success' he needs to take bigger risks, and probably suffer way more failure, just to get similar results.


Turning to crime to get high income. Turning to kidnapping and rape to get offspring with an attractive woman. Tbh at some point the risks become too high to get the wanted outcome.
You can do quite well for yourself in academia if you don't focus on just academia. Look at guys like Lex Fridman who worked at Google and also started his own podcast. Or someone who communicated their knowledge to the masses and made a small fortune selling books and doing appearance like Brian Greene did. The truth is you can make it in a lot of different aspects of life as long you deviate at-least a little from the middle.
 
Syobevoli

Syobevoli

Zephir
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Posts
14,807
Reputation
34,559
Time online
290d 20h 41m
yoshpron said:
You can do allright for your

You can do quite well for yourself in academia if you don't focus on just academia. Look at guys like Lex Fridman who worked at Google and also started his own podcast. Or someone who communicated their knowledge to the masses and made a small fortune selling books and doing appearance like Brian Greene did. The truth is you can make it in a lot of different aspects of life as long you deviate at-least a little from the middle.
Well yeah, but academia itself is largely irrelevant in those cases. Hardcore academia leads to above average wageslavery for most people.

Perhaps the purpose of academia in those cases is mostly to teach you this message and change your focus, but its hard tbh. To know where, when, how.

Know also when to do bigger things like quit your job to start a company. Move to a different country ,etc
 
Be_ConfidentBro

Be_ConfidentBro

Resident Forum Gay Alien
Joined
May 31, 2020
Posts
5,719
Reputation
8,788
Time online
60d 6h 23m
Failedworker said:
You can make the best of what you can of your mediocre genetics.

Just don't be delusional and think you can outwork chad and win in the end though. Especially if he does decide to put in effort.

The problem is some people think they can overcome geniuses through just working hard and then get angry when it doesn't work out.

Even a fucking Children's cartoon like Naruto shows genetics>hard work. Otherwise Rock Lee would be Hokage and not Naruto (Son of the 4th Hokage and descendent of a Shinobi God)
And yet Might Guy became one of the strongest shinobi that ever lived by hard work alone.
 
Danish_Retard

Danish_Retard

yuyevon stan account
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Posts
8,878
Reputation
20,378
Time online
100d 4h 26m
$tackThatMoney said:
It is illogical to engage in a permanent solution for an impermanent problem.

If you are struggling with any difficult feelings, I would recommend you look into Albert Camus' philosophy.

He proposes an absurdist meaning to life. Many of his thoughts are consistent with the increasingly surreal humour that Gen Z embraces.

I have found it an empowering paradigm, given that I can't bring myself to embrace a religious perspective around mortality.

Alternatively, my PMs are open if you want to talk.
Do you have any specific books that you would recommend?
 
Deleted member 11748

Deleted member 11748

quapa sleyer
Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Posts
14,410
Reputation
21,738
Time online
83d 6h 14m
I remember reading this thread when I first joined, jfl its the usual motivational crap that doesnt bring you anywhere
 
Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Zephir
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Posts
11,925
Reputation
17,708
Time online
131d 1h 17m
$tackThatMoney said:
Life is simply a video game where you can't give up and log off.

The R&G (randomness element) is brutal.

You might be born as a 1 PSL orphan in an underdeveloped, wartorn nation.
You might be born in NYC to two loving, wealthy parents, whose genetics afforded you 7 PSL and 120 IQ.

Whatever situation you find yourself in, divorce yourself from ego, and make the best play.

If I told you that, to win $10,000, you would have to play a simulator-style game and help a bottom 1% person achieve a top 1% life, you would do it.

You would instruct the character to:

  • Eat healthily
  • Work hard and make a lot of money
  • Go the gym
  • Push themselves out of their comfort zone (socially)
  • Read
  • Seek out new experiences

As soon as one is forced to actually engage in productive behaviours, laziness, procrastination and excuses appear.

Most people know what they need to do. But something stops them from doing it.

There are many factors - but one of the most significant is ego.

When you play a game as a pixellated character, there is no sense of entitlement. Simply a knowledge that certain steps must be taken to achieve certain outcomes.

And yet, in real life (especially here) I see a mentality of unparalleled weakness (ironically, from those users who try and appear the most strong - by shitting on others who are trying to improve themselves and make positive contributions).

They make comments such as:
  • 'No gym for your face'
  • 'Chad doesn't read'
  • '7 years in medical school, meanwhile Meeks gets signed off of a mugshot'
Ok. All of these comments might be true. So what?

Scathing comments such as these are really a symptom of someone who wants to make excuses for their lack of success in life. No matter what your current situation is, someone in a worse position has risen to great success and happiness.

This is not an attack on users who feel this way. I am trying to lead you to a better paradigm.

As I mentioned earlier, you must divorce yourself entirely from ego.

Religious values are deteriorating. We are returning to the state of the uncaring hypergamy that saw 17 women procreate for every one man at the start of the agricultural revolution. You must be better than ever to achieve above-average outcomes.

The first stage of this is accepting where you are. Acknowledge that you are not entitled to shit, that no-one (not even your parents) cares about your outcomes more than you do.

Every day, you make thousands of micro-decisions that dictate what kind of future you will have. When you walk into an exam, the outcome is pretty much settled; it is a result of your behaviour for the weeks, months and years leading up to that moment.

View attachment 877555

Every time you make a choice that you logically know is wrong (that you would not tell your video-game character to make), remember that your competition is doing the opposite.

Those decisions have compounding effects over time. You and one of your competition might start in the same place (let's say slightly below average in every respect, for argument's sake).

In 10 years:

He:
  • Is gymmaxxed, with an above average girlfriend
  • Is making $100k per year (achievable for anyone with an average IQ)
  • Has a decent social circle, and fills his weekends with sports, games nights and educational events
  • Is happy

You:

  • Are sitting in your parents' basement.

You stumble across a post that reads 'rate my normie friend's life transformation'.

You write 'Cope, he put in all this effort, yet Chad doesn't have to lift a finger for better outcomes'.

You are right.

Your life is also significantly worse than his.

Winning beats being 'right' every single time.

Remember that.
Very good post. Thanks $tackthatmoney.
 
$

$tackThatMoney

Adept
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Posts
129
Reputation
652
Time online
12d 19h 16m
Danish_Retard said:
Do you have any specific books that you would recommend?
Read Camus' Essay: The Myth of Sisyphus.

In simple terms, he proposes that the individual must embrace the absurdity of life.

In his opinion, the greatest absurdity is that each day, as one makes an effort to improve their future, they also take a step closer to death.

As such, he proposes more a passionate, present-to-the-moment existence.

Camus states that "What counts is not the best living but the most living."

I think many people on this forum would benefit from adopting elements of this philosophy. Instead of mourning the fact that they will never experience the life of a 7 PSL billionaire, they should try and live the most full life possible for them.

Waiting to start living your life after you're at 10% body fat and have had six plastic surgeries is misguided. I am firmly in favour of striving for perfection, but if you're not there yet, it doesn't mean you can't have meaningful experiences.

If you're reading this and it applies to you, remember, no one really cares about your struggles/complaints. The world is unfair, everyone knows it. The question is, how will you live your life so that you are not forced to dwell on your shortcomings?
 
DoctorPMA

DoctorPMA

Zephir
Joined
Feb 21, 2019
Posts
2,079
Reputation
1,666
Time online
32d 12h 15m
$tackThatMoney said:
When you walk into an exam, the outcome is pretty much settled; it is a result of your behaviour for the weeks, months and years leading up to that moment.
:yes:
 
DatNibba11

DatNibba11

Amateur
Joined
Dec 27, 2020
Posts
312
Reputation
159
Time online
6d 25m
You actually got me thinking dude. Thank you.
 
Edgar

Edgar

Master
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Posts
1,516
Reputation
1,605
Time online
48d 11h 42m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top