Treating Acne scars

Archangel

Archangel

Iron
Aside from using Retin-A every night and dermarolling your face once a month, are other topical treatments useless when it comes to Acne scars? I'm planning to order some organic Vitamin C serum (from Amazon) and plan to use it every morning before applying moisturizer/sunscreen. I'm not even sure if it's worth it or I'm just wasting money? My current routine atm is just moisturizer in the morning and Retin-A 0.05 every night and dermastamping 1.5mm every month.

Peels are very good at removing acne scars

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Clark69
I'm pretty sure you can dermastamp every week.
Have you seen any result so far?

• +1
Reactions: Acnno
I'm pretty sure you can dermastamp every week.
Have you seen any result so far?

Even at 1.5mm? I don't bleed at all, just my skin is reddish. Minimal results if any.

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex
You’re talking about redness or actual craters?

You’re talking about redness or actual craters?

I mean when I dermastamp - my skin just become reddish. My scars are actually a mix of ice pick and boxcar scars

Nanopore

• +1
Reactions: Ronnie Kray
vitamin c serum

Azelaic acid is currently helping me

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
I mean when I dermastamp - my skin just become reddish. My scars are actually a mix of ice pick and boxcar scars
Nothing topical will do shit for these. Lasers and subscision are backed by evidence and should be what you invest your money in. I’ve tried the latter, but it didn’t do dick for me

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and Edgar
Nothing topical will do shit for these. Lasers and subscision are backed by evidence and should be what you invest your money in. I’ve tried the latter, but it didn’t do dick for me
Agree with this. A lot of dermatologists don't know shit and try to use fraxel on everything when procedures like subcision and TCA cross would be infinitely more effective.

Similar to a bad surgeon trying to insist on chin implants when bimax is required just because it is easier and less risky for them.

O.P.: Davin Lim is an Aussie dermatologist who is considered one of the best in the world. He has a lot of videos on YouTube which are very informative. You should check them out.

• +1
Reactions: OneTwoThree, Deleted member 2729, looksmaxxtocope and 1 other person
You're saying subcision didn't work for you? What kind of scarring did you have? It seems to me it's the most effective because it's physically lifting up and breaking the scar tissue is it not? Thinking of this for fixing my tethering and boxcar scars

You're saying subcision didn't work for you? What kind of scarring did you have? It seems to me it's the most effective because it's physically lifting up and breaking the scar tissue is it not? Thinking of this for fixing my tethering and boxcar scars
Yea, I did subcision. I’ve got mostly boxcar.

the procedure cost a lot of money and ended up achieving nothing. My scars look exactly the same

the procedure cost a lot of money and ended up achieving nothing. My scars look exactly the same
Damn, I thought people had good results with subcision. Have you tried TCA cross?

Consulted with a clinic and decided I'm probably going to do subcision and TCA cross. It's so fucking expensive though.

This foid had really good results with subcision

• +1
Reactions: ReignsChad
Consulted with a clinic and decided I'm probably going to do subcision and TCA cross. It's so fucking expensive though.

This foid had really good results with subcision

I had such poor luck on mine, I’m surprised that whore got such a great result. Keep me posted on how yours goes. Maybe I’ll give it another shot

I had such poor luck on mine, I’m surprised that whore got such a great result. Keep me posted on how yours goes. Maybe I’ll give it another shot

This is close to what I have on my temples, except maybe 30% worse. These pics show good results from subcision, and then laser afterwards to remove blemishing. It's so hard to find someone who will do subcision in my area, let alone someone has good reviews and is actually good at it and won't scam me out of money. So many clinics I talked to just said to fraxel the shit out of my face even if it's non ablative :feelsuhh:, but I watched tons of videos and read forums beforehand.

If subcision doesn't work I'm gonna rope :feelswah::feelswah::feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: ReignsChad