Tretinoin vs Adapelene?

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
I currently use pharma adapelene which is a vit A derivative but I don't know if it has anti-aging benefits like tretinoin does. Any skincare experts know the difference? My dermatologist said its basically the same but he is a jew for prescribing accutane on first visit so I don't trust him. I could get pharma tretinoin btw I just have to decide between tret and adpelene

tret mogs long term

tretinion makes my skin all ouchie ouchie :(

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
@benignice

depends on the strength tbh, I'm guessing you use 0.1%
tretinoin is much better researchered so we have a better understanding of its benefits and drawbacks but from what we know about differin atm it seems to have similar benefits to tretinoin in terms of acne, anti aging, hyperpigmentation etc just to a lesser extent

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076 and St. Wristcel
depends on the strength tbh, I'm guessing you use 0.1%
tretinoin is much better researchered so we have a better understanding of its benefits and drawbacks but from what we know about differin atm it seems to have similar benefits to tretinoin in terms of acne, anti aging, hyperpigmentation etc just to a lesser extent
ill prob keep using it until I have no acne and they once I run out of the tube (it lasts pretty long) I'll make the switch to tret

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy