Trigger points or muscle knots may be lowering your gym progress!

S

shuka

Iron
I havent seen a single thread about this topic. Also theres not much info about it on the internet, i will explain what i know from google simple research, therapists and chiropracts i met.

First of all what is a muscle knot?
If you've ever had pain in your back, in your neck, or under your shoulder blade, you've probably had a muscle knot. The name makes it sound like the muscle is twisted or kinked, but that's not the case. Knots are usually a type of spasm that causes a small portion of a muscle to tense up. This tension can often be painful.

But do muscle knots reduce gym performance?
Not only are they exquisitely painful, but they also affect movement. Trigger points inhibit range of motion by keeping muscles short and stiff. They also weaken muscles, causing them to tire quickly and recover slowly.

Basicallly they reduce the muscle potential to contract and also limit your ROM wich is very import to muscle hypertrophy. Besides that, they can make your workout less profitable due to pain or uncomfortabilty.

Ok, now how can i get rid of them?
Home methods are hot or cold exposure. This methods would work if its not a deep knot, however you may need more serious treatment.

What I suggest is visiting a professional, first of all because doing a massage to yourself is ineffecient and mostly because therapists know how to find trigger points and have the material to eliminate them. What worked the best for me is needles, the therapists will apply a needle on the muscle knot and it will make your body to flow blood on that area and reduce inflamation.

I hope this is useful for some of you and this threads doesnt get forgived. Thx for reading.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: szolliontaraelis, 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 51465
cold exposure ruins gains bud

Just get a portable sauna and if you feel a knot just massage it nothing too complex tbh