Trying to understand Canthal Tilt.

socaldude12

socaldude12

Iron
Is it not based on the corners of your eyes when you draw a straight line? I grabbed this pic from Dr. Taban's IG where he describes this patient as having had "negative canthal tilt." However, when I added the red lines, it appears to be the definition of "positive canthal tilt," no?

IMG 4062

I do see the benefit of the lower eyelid retraction reducing the scleral show beneath the iris. Just confused about the "canthal" part and what I should be paying attention to.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Vidyacoper
don't get canthoplasty, get canthopexy, it lifts the lateral canthus. this is what you would want for pct.

don't get canthoplasty, get canthopexy, it lifts the lateral canthus. this is what you would want for pct.
That doesn't answer my question... I'm asking why the Dr. is diagnosing him with negative canthal tilt when it looks positive in the before and the after. Wondering if he just lied to charge for an additional procedure honestly.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
He just meant droopy lower lid, which makes it look NCT

• +1
Reactions: Mexicanboi and didntreadlol
That doesn't answer my question... I'm asking why the Dr. is diagnosing him with negative canthal tilt when it looks positive in the before and the after. Wondering if he just lied to charge for an additional procedure honestly.
ngl didn't care enough to read your thread, i saw canthoplasty and immediately reacted with canthopexy

ngl didn't care enough to read your thread, i saw canthoplasty and immediately reacted with canthopexy
Umm ok then maybe control your impulse to reply if you’re not gonna take a second to comprehend.

Pct is overrated tbh makes your eye area look alien

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262
Yeah, neutral is ideal
Ok that makes me feel better cuz mine are already neutral/a tiny bit positive, I just feel I need more under support

• +1
Reactions: 6485b025t
Doesn’t canthoplasty do the same thing?