Ultimate voicemaxxing guide

M

Madrigal

Iron
Voice is an underrated infrequently talked about trait that is a major component of perceived charisma, dominance and significant for sexual attraction and perceived "personality". Unfortunately you're limited by your hormonal profile and vocal chord thickness as to how you sound but you can make some changes to improve how you sound.

Example of how it matters

People like Daniel Craig, Rowan Atkinson and Peter Dinklage sound very captivating to listen to and seem much more attractive when you scourge through interviews than they should based off their face, just because of their voice. Very unlikely they'd have any appeal as a celebrity otherwise (not talking about in Mr. Bean of course).

Lower voices are more attractive and dominant in men, and a study showed 96Hz as ideal male voice pitch but anything deep is good.

Let's use this guy as an example. He is downright ugly but sounds profoundly charismatic and pleasing to listen to due to his voice.

On the other hand Sean O'Pry the PSL god sounds like an utter cuck and my "respecc" for him dropped compared to if I never heard his voice.

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

If your voice is actually terrible, you might need this.

Simple one night stay surgery.

• Testosterone/steroids

Many bbuilders get a deeper voice after a few cycles.

• Voice training and modulation

If done religiously you might get a 20Hz or so pitch drop just by doing this, which is a huge deal.

Voice training and modulation

Download this app called Vocular, it's cheap and definitely worth it to track your vocal pitch and progress.

"Here’s How I Got a Deeper Voice (the 5 Best Techniques)

If you came here from Google, you’ve probably already been through a heap of articles on how to get a deeper voice. The problem with these is, none of them seem to be written by people who are actually speaking from experience. With each point, you have no idea whether you’re getting tried and tested advice or just guesswork they’ve plucked from the internet.

McConaughey voice-deepening exercise

As someone who has actually deepened his voice (from about average to low), I wanted to take a different tack and discuss the methods that worked for me, alongside a few others. Most of these I’ve tried, but not all of them, so where I don’t have first-hand knowledge I’ll link to discussion boards to show you real people talking about these techniques and how they worked for them.
Just to get it out of the way, none of this is medical advice. I trust you to follow these tips without giving yourself an injury – and if you feel in any way like you might, you should stop immediately. Right, here we go.

–​

1. Strengthen your Neck Muscles

I’ve seen a lot of talk about this online, so I wanted to start by confirming here: this truly does work. Actually, it’s my favourite method of all of them.
If you put your hand on your throat, you’ll feel two long muscles which run down from behind your ear to your collarbone. These are your sternocleidomastoids, and when they get tense they tug on your vocal chords, resulting in a higher note. Relax these and, logically enough, your voice gets lower.

Sternocleidomastoid stretch

One recommended way of doing this is by making the neck muscles stronger. Stronger muscles are better at meeting their daily demands and therefore less likely to tighten up throughout the day. I was interested in this idea, so I thought I’d test it out.
Every day, at 2 o’clock and in the same room, I recorded a sample of my voice and wrote down the figures. I chose 2pm because I wanted the ‘morning effect’ of my voice to have worn off and I knew I wouldn’t have been drinking alcohol around that time. After the recording, every other day, I’d do 3 sets of 20 reps of crunches, where I lay on my bench and slowly nodded my head from horizontal to vertical, tucking in my chin – like doing sit-ups with your neck.

And it worked. Here’s a chart I made with Vocular.

deepening-voice-graph

As you can see, by all four metrics, my voice did deepen over time. My matches completely changed too.
More compellingly, my voice actually got higher before it got lower. It starts at about 105Hz, then shoots up to 113Hz and stays high for a week, before it gradually deepened month after month to the current pitch of 89Hz. That’s like going from Edward Norton, to Justin Bieber, to Jon Hamm.
This fits the idea that strong neck muscles give you a deeper voice. The exercises first made my neck weaker, like any muscle when you start training it. So my voice got higher. Then, as I continued with the exercises, it got used to the strain and became stronger, and my pitch dropped.
I should add that I also stretch my neck to relieve any tension that might build up with the exercises. So if you’re thinking of doing this, that’s something to keep an eye on. In fact, this guy on Reddit seems to have a routine which worked really well for him and seems to focus more on stretching.

Update: I’m also currently experimenting with a neck harness to build the muscles at the back of my neck as well as the front. It’s early days but I’ll report back here if I find that to be more effective.

2. Breathe from the Diaphragm

Ever noticed how your shoulders bob up and down as you breathe in and out?
If you’re have, you’re doing it wrong. This is a thing called ‘shallow breathing’ and it’s something most people are guilty of. While it seems as good as any method, this kind of breath shifts effort to the upper half of the torso, putting tension on the neck and vocal chords.
Instead, breathe with the muscle that’s designed to do it: the diaphragm. As you inhale, try to shift the effort downward so your stomach flexes out while your shoulders remain completely still. Feel as though the air is being summoned by your abs.
I know it’s quite hard to follow in writing, so Eric Arceneaux does a very good job of explaining this.

hqdefault.jpg

This one correction had the greatest impact on my voice depth – but, like any bad habit, it requires a conscious effort to overcome it. You may want to try something to remind yourself when you’re creeping back to your old ways. One vocal coach has created the Singing-Belt to do this, although it’s expensive so using kinesiology tape or a tight T-shirt might work better.
It’s tough to get used to, but mastering diaphragmatic breathing will also give you a richer, more resonant voice, which is probably more important than having a deep voice. It also has a host of other benefits, such a reducing stress and improving athletic performance, since it’s just a more efficient way to breathe.​

3. Aspirate

You can try this one for yourself and immediately see its effect. Open Vocular and enable the Pitch Tracker in Settings, then speak to the microphone in your normal voice and see what numbers come up.
Now try talking in a breathier, more aspirated kind of way, as if you’re speaking through a sigh. If you need someone to copy, Tom Hiddleston’s a pretty good example.

hqdefault.jpg

You should see your numbers drop as soon as you take on this breathier kind of tone. And not only does this make your voice deeper, it makes it more attractive too. A 2014 study found that the most attractive male voices were also the breathiest – and this was so pronounced that women preferred a high-pitched but breathy voice over a deep, non-breathy one.​

4. Drink More Water

Please don’t skip over this section, because it’s a lot more important than you might think. You know how the depth of your voice is partly caused by the size of your vocal chords? Well, dehydration literally shrinks your vocal chords. The loss of water equates to a loss of mass, leaving you with thinner, squeakier vocal chords.
And, strikingly, most people are dehydrated. A recent study found that 75% of Americans fell far below the recommended daily intake, which, again, gives us a majority of people speaking with higher voices than they ought to be.

dehydrated-clint-eastwood

The solution is to make things easier for yourself. If you work at a desk, get a jug (one that can hold 3-4 litres) and fill it every morning. Not only will this encourage you to drink more because it’s there, it’ll bring the water to room temperature which stops the throat contracting from the cold.
If you’re sceptical about the impact of this, see for yourself. My hydrated voice is often so much deeper that it shares almost no overlap with my dehydrated one – the similarity comes out at about 10-20%. In fact, I now make a point of drinking a litre of water an hour before going on a date or to an important meeting.​

5. Be More Monotone

I’ve noticed a few names that come up time and time again when discussing voice depth. One of these names is Clint Eastwood. But the weird thing here is that, in terms of pitch, Eastwood doesn’t have a deep voice. It’s about average.

clint-eastwood

However, one thing Eastwood has in spades in monotony. This is a very manly trait – in fact, a recent study found that men with monotone voices tend to have more sexual partners than those who don’t. So it may be that the masculinity of a monotone voice tricks people into thinking that voice is deep as well.
This is backed up by a paper on vocal attractiveness, which found that the voices which varied less in pitch were the most likely to be considered deep. In fact, pitch variation was almost as important as actual pitch in deciding whether a voice was deep or not. "

How to Tell if You Have Vocal Fry (and why does it matter)

Vocular now does vocal fry, so I wanted to answer a few questions about that today – what is it, what does it mean, how can you tell how much you speak with, etc. Here we go.​

What is vocal fry?​

That’s that low-pitched, creaky, pulsating sound you hear most famously in the voices of women like Kim Kardashian and Zooey Deschanel.

hqdefault.jpg

This isn’t something limited to women though. In fact, Bill Clinton has the most vocal fry of anyone on our database.​

How can you tell how much vocal fry you speak with?​

Just like anything else, all you have to do is open the app, hit the record button and speak for about 30 seconds. The algorithm then analyses your voice to tell you how much vocal fry it finds. Anything over 15% is a lot, and anything under 6% is very little – although the app explains all this anyway. Check it out below.

(Just as a note, this doesn’t really work if you’re a guy with a deep voice. That kind of vocal fry is too low to detect well, although we should be able to do this in the future once we can analyse the smoothness of voices.)​

Why is vocal fry important?​

In theory, vocal fry should be a good thing. Deep voices are rated as being more authoritative. People are more easily persuaded by speakers who lower their pitch whilst making a point. Even CEO salaries rise as their pitch falls. So talking in vocal fry, the lowest register of the human voice, should be a good thing.

But studies tell us a very different story. Recent research looked at attitudes towards vocal fry using pairs of voices – both made by the same speaker – one with fry and the other without. The main finding: listeners were several times more likely to rate the fry voice as less trustworthy, less educated and less competent. They also claimed to be significantly more likely to hire the other voice.
And this wasn’t just about old people hating new ways of speaking. Every demographic shared the same prejudice against vocal fryers, although old women showed the greatest aversion to them.​

How do you stop speaking with vocal fry?​

You just do, really. Vocal fry is like any other bad habit, so unless you’ve got some rare vocal chord condition, you should be able to consciously keep your voice from falling into that lower register. Then it’s just a case of practising until it become second nature to you.
Vocular can help you with this by giving you a clearer idea of how much fry is in your voice. Breathing deeply and diaphragmatically should also make it easier to keep your voice up in the modal register.​

Why do people find vocal fry so annoying?​

Well, there are some people who seem to want to put all this down to misogyny, like vocal fry is actually just a conduit for criticising women’s freedom of speech. Even a recent episode of Things You Should Know went down this route.​
A lot of people are trying to dance around this or prove that it’s sexist – it’s like no, on its face, this is a sexist argument that’s going on right now.​
This might be true for a few weirdos who write in to these shows, but it ignores basic differences in the way men and women speak. Female voices tend to be roughly twice as high as male voices, so it’s far more jarring when they keep dropping into registers down in Morgan Freeman territory. Some men, on the other hand, have voices deep enough that it’s really difficult to separate from their vocal fry. Even I have trouble doing this with myself.
Also, it’s not as though all female presenters are being chastised for their voices on the internet. Kirsty Young hosts Desert Island Discs, a show with an audience probably similar to something from NPR, and Twitter is awash with people announcing how much they love her voice. The difference? She has almost no vocal fry at all in her voice. She actually has the least of any woman in our database.
hqdefault.jpg

The anti-fry reaction isn’t limited to female voices either. The study I mentioned before found that vocal fry was equally disapproved of in male voices as it was in female ones.
There are other reasons why fry might generally be something people don’t like to listen to. I’ve said it a few times before, but the most attractive voices are usually the breathiest, huskiest or smoothest ones. Vocal fry tends to be the opposite of that. Actually, you need only look at a spectrogram to see what a harsh kind of sound it is.

It also sounds weak, in my opinion. A croaking, creaky voice isn’t something you naturally associate with a high level of fitness – it can be caused by bad breathing technique or vocal fold pathology. So it may also be that the most attractive voices tend to sound the healthiest.​

So what’s the bottom line?​

Bottom line is that vocal fry seems only to carry negative connotations, so it would be a smart move to learn to speak without it. Aiming for 0% is unrealistic, since some level of fry is natural and unavoidable, but keeping to the single figures should give you a stronger, more authoritative and more attractive voice.

Morgan Freeman tells you how to get a deeper voice​

Morgan Freeman didn’t always have that voice. He had to work at it. In fact, he recently stated that the first major step he made towards becoming an actor was learning to lower the pitch of his voice.

hqdefault.jpg

The voice started when I was in college, when my first efforts were in officially learning the business of acting. That’s not really what you should be trying to learn, you should be trying to get your instrument honed, and part of that instrument is your voice. And I had an instructor, a man named Robert Whitton at LACC, who nailed elocution, diction, breath control, into his students. You made a record at the beginning of his class and at the end so you could hear the difference. The first thing he does is he teaches you that your voice is too high – most people speak with a tense throat and it’s too high – so he gives you techniques on how to relax that. And your voice, it deepens.​
But how did he do it? Well, although details have always been a bit sketchy, he did divulge this tip.
hqdefault.jpg

In a word, yawn. Yawn a lot.
His explanation: yawning relaxes the muscles of the throat, which relieves your vocal chords of tension and allows them to loosen up – just like slackening a guitar string for a lower note.
And he’s right. The pitch of your voice effectively comes down to three factors: the length, thickness, and tension of your vocal chords. The first two are typically seen as outside of your control (although that’s not true; staying hydrated makes your vocal chords bigger and therefore lower-pitched). But the third is something that you can master. And yawning is just one method for doing that.
I found this comment from a guy who’d heeded Freeman’s advice.
It’s working buddy but you have to be persistent I yawn at least 40 times per day every day for more than three months. It’s been 4 months since I started doing it, and I see results, my friends have noticed it also, and the best part is when I record myself I don’t sound like a damn girl anymore I’m a legit man now 🙂
And another, who thought the advice was along the right lines but that there were better exercises out there.​
I’m not sure if yawning is the best exercise, but limbering up the vocal cords is the first step to reaching your potential.
I’ve been called the White Morgan Freeman a solid dozen or more times by complete strangers lol.​

@RODEBLUR @PrestonYnot @Chadeep @changcel @Strike_Poseidon @16tyo @SubhumanCurrycel @toth77 @ArvidGustavsson @IwantToLooksMaxx @TraumatisedOgre @my_babel_physics_pro @Kenickie @looksmaxxer234 @IWILLMAKEIT @Senhor Cabrito @pizza @Amnesia @looksmax.me @Cigarette @Currypirate4 @ssjchad @faggotchadlite

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: northern mogger, 케이제이, Fiqh and 93 others
Why tag me and especially first my voice is already way too deep for my pheno

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel and Acnno
Voice is an underrated infrequently talked about trait that is a major component of perceived charisma, dominance and significant for sexual attraction and perceived "personality". Unfortunately you're limited by your hormonal profile and vocal chord thickness as to how you sound but you can make some changes to improve how you sound.

People like Daniel Craig, Rowan Atkinson and Peter Dinklage sound very captivating to listen to and seem much more attractive when you scourge through interviews than they should based off their face, just because of their voice. Very unlikely they'd have any appeal as a celebrity otherwise (not talking about in Mr. Bean of course).

Lower voices are more attractive and dominant in men, and a study showed 96Hz as ideal male voice pitch but anything deep is good.

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

Let's use this guy as an example. He is downright ugly but sounds profoundly charismatic and pleasing to listen to due to his voice.

On the other hand Sean O'Pry the PSL god sounds like an utter cuck and my "respecc" for him dropped compared to if I never heard his voice.

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids
    If done religiously you might get a 20Hz or so pitch drop just by doing this, which is a huge deal.

Download this app called Vocular, it's cheap and definitely worth it to track your vocal pitch and progress.

If you came here from Google, you’ve probably already been through a heap of articles on how to get a deeper voice. The problem with these is, none of them seem to be written by people who are actually speaking from experience. With each point, you have no idea whether you’re getting tried and tested advice or just guesswork they’ve plucked from the internet.

As someone who has actually deepened his voice (from about average to low), I wanted to take a different tack and discuss the methods that worked for me, alongside a few others. Most of these I’ve tried, but not all of them, so where I don’t have first-hand knowledge I’ll link to discussion boards to show you real people talking about these techniques and how they worked for them.
Just to get it out of the way, none of this is medical advice. I trust you to follow these tips without giving yourself an injury – and if you feel in any way like you might, you should stop immediately. Right, here we go.

I’ve seen a lot of talk about this online, so I wanted to start by confirming here: this truly does work. Actually, it’s my favourite method of all of them.
If you put your hand on your throat, you’ll feel two long muscles which run down from behind your ear to your collarbone. These are your sternocleidomastoids, and when they get tense they tug on your vocal chords, resulting in a higher note. Relax these and, logically enough, your voice gets lower.

One recommended way of doing this is by making the neck muscles stronger. Stronger muscles are better at meeting their daily demands and therefore less likely to tighten up throughout the day. I was interested in this idea, so I thought I’d test it out.
Every day, at 2 o’clock and in the same room, I recorded a sample of my voice and wrote down the figures. I chose 2pm because I wanted the ‘morning effect’ of my voice to have worn off and I knew I wouldn’t have been drinking alcohol around that time. After the recording, every other day, I’d do 3 sets of 20 reps of crunches, where I lay on my bench and slowly nodded my head from horizontal to vertical, tucking in my chin – like doing sit-ups with your neck.

deepening-voice-graph

As you can see, by all four metrics, my voice did deepen over time. My matches completely changed too.
More compellingly, my voice actually got higher before it got lower. It starts at about 105Hz, then shoots up to 113Hz and stays high for a week, before it gradually deepened month after month to the current pitch of 89Hz. That’s like going from Edward Norton, to Justin Bieber, to Jon Hamm.
This fits the idea that strong neck muscles give you a deeper voice. The exercises first made my neck weaker, like any muscle when you start training it. So my voice got higher. Then, as I continued with the exercises, it got used to the strain and became stronger, and my pitch dropped.
I should add that I also stretch my neck to relieve any tension that might build up with the exercises. So if you’re thinking of doing this, that’s something to keep an eye on. In fact, this guy on Reddit seems to have a routine which worked really well for him and seems to focus more on stretching.

Update: I’m also currently experimenting with a neck harness to build the muscles at the back of my neck as well as the front. It’s early days but I’ll report back here if I find that to be more effective.

If you’re have, you’re doing it wrong. This is a thing called ‘shallow breathing’ and it’s something most people are guilty of. While it seems as good as any method, this kind of breath shifts effort to the upper half of the torso, putting tension on the neck and vocal chords.
Instead, breathe with the muscle that’s designed to do it: the diaphragm. As you inhale, try to shift the effort downward so your stomach flexes out while your shoulders remain completely still. Feel as though the air is being summoned by your abs.
I know it’s quite hard to follow in writing, so Eric Arceneaux does a very good job of explaining this.

hqdefault.jpg

This one correction had the greatest impact on my voice depth – but, like any bad habit, it requires a conscious effort to overcome it. You may want to try something to remind yourself when you’re creeping back to your old ways. One vocal coach has created the Singing-Belt to do this, although it’s expensive so using kinesiology tape or a tight T-shirt might work better.
It’s tough to get used to, but mastering diaphragmatic breathing will also give you a richer, more resonant voice, which is probably more important than having a deep voice. It also has a host of other benefits, such a reducing stress and improving athletic performance, since it’s just a more efficient way to breathe.

3. Aspirate

You can try this one for yourself and immediately see its effect. Open Vocular and enable the Pitch Tracker in Settings, then speak to the microphone in your normal voice and see what numbers come up.
Now try talking in a breathier, more aspirated kind of way, as if you’re speaking through a sigh. If you need someone to copy, Tom Hiddleston’s a pretty good example.

hqdefault.jpg

You should see your numbers drop as soon as you take on this breathier kind of tone. And not only does this make your voice deeper, it makes it more attractive too. A 2014 study found that the most attractive male voices were also the breathiest – and this was so pronounced that women preferred a high-pitched but breathy voice over a deep, non-breathy one.

4. Drink More Water

Please don’t skip over this section, because it’s a lot more important than you might think. You know how the depth of your voice is partly caused by the size of your vocal chords? Well, dehydration literally shrinks your vocal chords. The loss of water equates to a loss of mass, leaving you with thinner, squeakier vocal chords.
And, strikingly, most people are dehydrated. A recent study found that 75% of Americans fell far below the recommended daily intake, which, again, gives us a majority of people speaking with higher voices than they ought to be.

The solution is to make things easier for yourself. If you work at a desk, get a jug (one that can hold 3-4 litres) and fill it every morning. Not only will this encourage you to drink more because it’s there, it’ll bring the water to room temperature which stops the throat contracting from the cold.
If you’re sceptical about the impact of this, see for yourself. My hydrated voice is often so much deeper that it shares almost no overlap with my dehydrated one – the similarity comes out at about 10-20%. In fact, I now make a point of drinking a litre of water an hour before going on a date or to an important meeting.

5. Be More Monotone

I’ve noticed a few names that come up time and time again when discussing voice depth. One of these names is Clint Eastwood. But the weird thing here is that, in terms of pitch, Eastwood doesn’t have a deep voice. It’s about average.

clint-eastwood

However, one thing Eastwood has in spades in monotony. This is a very manly trait – in fact, a recent study found that men with monotone voices tend to have more sexual partners than those who don’t. So it may be that the masculinity of a monotone voice tricks people into thinking that voice is deep as well.
This is backed up by a paper on vocal attractiveness, which found that the voices which varied less in pitch were the most likely to be considered deep. In fact, pitch variation was almost as important as actual pitch in deciding whether a voice was deep or not. "

Vocular now does vocal fry, so I wanted to answer a few questions about that today – what is it, what does it mean, how can you tell how much you speak with, etc. Here we go.

What is vocal fry?​

That’s that low-pitched, creaky, pulsating sound you hear most famously in the voices of women like Kim Kardashian and Zooey Deschanel.

hqdefault.jpg

This isn’t something limited to women though. In fact, Bill Clinton has the most vocal fry of anyone on our database.

Just like anything else, all you have to do is open the app, hit the record button and speak for about 30 seconds. The algorithm then analyses your voice to tell you how much vocal fry it finds. Anything over 15% is a lot, and anything under 6% is very little – although the app explains all this anyway. Check it out below.

(Just as a note, this doesn’t really work if you’re a guy with a deep voice. That kind of vocal fry is too low to detect well, although we should be able to do this in the future once we can analyse the smoothness of voices.)

In theory, vocal fry should be a good thing. Deep voices are rated as being more authoritative. People are more easily persuaded by speakers who lower their pitch whilst making a point. Even CEO salaries rise as their pitch falls. So talking in vocal fry, the lowest register of the human voice, should be a good thing.

But studies tell us a very different story. Recent research looked at attitudes towards vocal fry using pairs of voices – both made by the same speaker – one with fry and the other without. The main finding: listeners were several times more likely to rate the fry voice as less trustworthy, less educated and less competent. They also claimed to be significantly more likely to hire the other voice.
And this wasn’t just about old people hating new ways of speaking. Every demographic shared the same prejudice against vocal fryers, although old women showed the greatest aversion to them.

You just do, really. Vocal fry is like any other bad habit, so unless you’ve got some rare vocal chord condition, you should be able to consciously keep your voice from falling into that lower register. Then it’s just a case of practising until it become second nature to you.
Vocular can help you with this by giving you a clearer idea of how much fry is in your voice. Breathing deeply and diaphragmatically should also make it easier to keep your voice up in the modal register.

Well, there are some people who seem to want to put all this down to misogyny, like vocal fry is actually just a conduit for criticising women’s freedom of speech. Even a recent episode of Things You Should Know went down this route.

This might be true for a few weirdos who write in to these shows, but it ignores basic differences in the way men and women speak. Female voices tend to be roughly twice as high as male voices, so it’s far more jarring when they keep dropping into registers down in Morgan Freeman territory. Some men, on the other hand, have voices deep enough that it’s really difficult to separate from their vocal fry. Even I have trouble doing this with myself.
Also, it’s not as though all female presenters are being chastised for their voices on the internet. Kirsty Young hosts Desert Island Discs, a show with an audience probably similar to something from NPR, and Twitter is awash with people announcing how much they love her voice. The difference? She has almost no vocal fry at all in her voice. She actually has the least of any woman in our database.
hqdefault.jpg

The anti-fry reaction isn’t limited to female voices either. The study I mentioned before found that vocal fry was equally disapproved of in male voices as it was in female ones.
There are other reasons why fry might generally be something people don’t like to listen to. I’ve said it a few times before, but the most attractive voices are usually the breathiest, huskiest or smoothest ones. Vocal fry tends to be the opposite of that. Actually, you need only look at a spectrogram to see what a harsh kind of sound it is.

It also sounds weak, in my opinion. A croaking, creaky voice isn’t something you naturally associate with a high level of fitness – it can be caused by bad breathing technique or vocal fold pathology. So it may also be that the most attractive voices tend to sound the healthiest.

Bottom line is that vocal fry seems only to carry negative connotations, so it would be a smart move to learn to speak without it. Aiming for 0% is unrealistic, since some level of fry is natural and unavoidable, but keeping to the single figures should give you a stronger, more authoritative and more attractive voice.

Morgan Freeman didn’t always have that voice. He had to work at it. In fact, he recently stated that the first major step he made towards becoming an actor was learning to lower the pitch of his voice.

hqdefault.jpg

But how did he do it? Well, although details have always been a bit sketchy, he did divulge this tip.
hqdefault.jpg

His explanation: yawning relaxes the muscles of the throat, which relieves your vocal chords of tension and allows them to loosen up – just like slackening a guitar string for a lower note.
And he’s right. The pitch of your voice effectively comes down to three factors: the length, thickness, and tension of your vocal chords. The first two are typically seen as outside of your control (although that’s not true; staying hydrated makes your vocal chords bigger and therefore lower-pitched). But the third is something that you can master. And yawning is just one method for doing that.

And another, who thought the advice was along the right lines but that there were better exercises out there.

View attachment 1025167

@RODEBLUR @PrestonYnot @Chadeep @changcel @Strike_Poseidon @16tyo @SubhumanCurrycel @toth77 @ArvidGustavsson @IwantToLooksMaxx @TraumatisedOgre @my_babel_physics_pro @Kenickie @looksmaxxer234 @IWILLMAKEIT @Senhor Cabrito @pizza @Amnesia @looksmax.me @Cigarette @Currypirate4 @ssjchad @faggotchadlite

good thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785 and Madrigal
Good thread

• +1
Reactions: Acnno, Deleted member 6785 and Madrigal
Why tag me and especially first my voice is already way too deep for my pheno
i tagged all users i ever interacted with + few randoms + terminatormaxxing or death

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 9670 and RODEBLUR

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

It’s tough to get used to, but mastering diaphragmatic breathing will also give you a richer, more resonant voice, which is probably more important than having a deep voice. It also has a host of other benefits, such a reducing stress and improving athletic performance, since it’s just a more efficient way to breathe.

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

You should see your numbers drop as soon as you take on this breathier kind of tone. And not only does this make your voice deeper, it makes it more attractive too. A 2014 study found that the most attractive male voices were also the breathiest – and this was so pronounced that women preferred a high-pitched but breathy voice over a deep, non-breathy one.

4. Drink More Water

If you’re sceptical about the impact of this, see for yourself. My hydrated voice is often so much deeper that it shares almost no overlap with my dehydrated one – the similarity comes out at about 10-20%. In fact, I now make a point of drinking a litre of water an hour before going on a date or to an important meeting.

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

Vocular now does vocal fry, so I wanted to answer a few questions about that today – what is it, what does it mean, how can you tell how much you speak with, etc. Here we go.

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

This isn’t something limited to women though. In fact, Bill Clinton has the most vocal fry of anyone on our database.

(Just as a note, this doesn’t really work if you’re a guy with a deep voice. That kind of vocal fry is too low to detect well, although we should be able to do this in the future once we can analyse the smoothness of voices.)

And this wasn’t just about old people hating new ways of speaking. Every demographic shared the same prejudice against vocal fryers, although old women showed the greatest aversion to them.

Vocular can help you with this by giving you a clearer idea of how much fry is in your voice. Breathing deeply and diaphragmatically should also make it easier to keep your voice up in the modal register.

Well, there are some people who seem to want to put all this down to misogyny, like vocal fry is actually just a conduit for criticising women’s freedom of speech. Even a recent episode of Things You Should Know went down this route.

hqdefault.jpg

It also sounds weak, in my opinion. A croaking, creaky voice isn’t something you naturally associate with a high level of fitness – it can be caused by bad breathing technique or vocal fold pathology. So it may also be that the most attractive voices tend to sound the healthiest.

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And another, who thought the advice was along the right lines but that there were better exercises out there.

View attachment 1025167

legit thread , i have deep voice and i can confirm that girls feel attracted to it and even mention it

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho, Deleted member 9670 and Madrigal
well executed thread. voice training does work and theres proof that some supplements can help your voice become a bit deeper.

although if you want an easy deep voice i’d recommend talking slowly and keeping your conversations as calm as possible. try to keep your throat relaxed and drink water to keep it clean and prevent any coughing and weird shif.

i heard that shouting extremely loud with all your throat helps too but i think its jfl.

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin, CyberPsychodelic, Lihito and 2 others
Kys tbh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick, Sigmapsycho, Deleted member 21531 and 18 others
jfl at tagging me when i voicemog 99% of people i talk to

jfl at tagging me when i voicemog 99% of people i talk to

When you speak and hear your own voice inside your head, your head bones and tissues tend to enhance the lower-frequency vibrations. This means that your voice usually sounds fuller and deeper to you than it really is. That's why when you hear your voice on a recording, it usually sounds higher and weaker than you think it should.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: kingpiin, Elvisandreaa, PubertyMaxxer and 4 others
When you speak and hear your own voice inside your head, your head bones and tissues tend to enhance the lower-frequency vibrations. This means that your voice usually sounds fuller and deeper to you than it really is. That's why when you hear your voice on a recording, it usually sounds higher and weaker than you think it should.
no ive gotten compliments and when i speak i get peoples attention fast as fuck

You tagged me but my voice is already deep jfl
Years of drinking vinegar and eating sour sweets

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5048 and Madrigal
You tagged me but my voice is already deep jfl
Years of drinking vinegar and eating sour sweets
interesting how every user says they have a deep voice, is 6'4" and has an 8 inch ding dong (not saying I don't believe you)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: kingpiin, Sigmapsycho, Hueless and 15 others
interesting how every user says they have a deep voice, is 6'4" and has an 8 inch ding dong (not saying I don't believe you)
A deep voice isn't a rare thing like being 6'4 and having a 8 incher
Its more believable for me because of my body and I can grow a beard at 16

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho, Lolcel and Madrigal
no ive gotten compliments and when i speak i get peoples attention fast as fuck
Mogs me tbh I have a very soy voice

Imagine getting surgery so that your voice can be more monotone. Absolute cope

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14303, MarstonAlloy and Madrigal
Best of the best
@Alexanderr @Gargantuan

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Acnno and Madrigal
I can benefit from this ngl. I have a similar voice to O'Pry. Always wanted a narrator voice. Thanks Op

• +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho, Mewton, Lolcel and 3 others
Best of the best

@Alexanderr @Gargantuan

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, OOGABOOGA and Madrigal
My voice is naturally deep, but it has never been so loud, if I try to speak loudly I will end up losing my tone (like some idiots who speak loudly and with a chicken voice, annoying as hell). I've been practicing neck exercises without even knowing that they worked for a deep voice, I will report if it gets deepest or loud.

• +1
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic and Madrigal
Good thread I wanted to voicemax

• +1
Reactions: Madrigal
Nice

• Woah
For all those claiming deep voice, download vocalpitchmonitor and check your voice pitch, mine is between e2 and g2.

• +1
Good thread

• +1
Pls give me advice on voice my indian brother from petan.

Fuck you U pussy!

• JFL
Reactions: Sny, Entschuldigung, Mouthbreath and 2 others
I naturally have a low pitched voice, but if I'm not careful I can force it to become extremely high pitched, this usually happens when I get mad at something or someone.

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

–​

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

It’s tough to get used to, but mastering diaphragmatic breathing will also give you a richer, more resonant voice, which is probably more important than having a deep voice. It also has a host of other benefits, such a reducing stress and improving athletic performance, since it’s just a more efficient way to breathe.​

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

You should see your numbers drop as soon as you take on this breathier kind of tone. And not only does this make your voice deeper, it makes it more attractive too. A 2014 study found that the most attractive male voices were also the breathiest – and this was so pronounced that women preferred a high-pitched but breathy voice over a deep, non-breathy one.​

4. Drink More Water

If you’re sceptical about the impact of this, see for yourself. My hydrated voice is often so much deeper that it shares almost no overlap with my dehydrated one – the similarity comes out at about 10-20%. In fact, I now make a point of drinking a litre of water an hour before going on a date or to an important meeting.​

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

Vocular now does vocal fry, so I wanted to answer a few questions about that today – what is it, what does it mean, how can you tell how much you speak with, etc. Here we go.​

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

This isn’t something limited to women though. In fact, Bill Clinton has the most vocal fry of anyone on our database.​

(Just as a note, this doesn’t really work if you’re a guy with a deep voice. That kind of vocal fry is too low to detect well, although we should be able to do this in the future once we can analyse the smoothness of voices.)​

And this wasn’t just about old people hating new ways of speaking. Every demographic shared the same prejudice against vocal fryers, although old women showed the greatest aversion to them.​

Vocular can help you with this by giving you a clearer idea of how much fry is in your voice. Breathing deeply and diaphragmatically should also make it easier to keep your voice up in the modal register.​

Well, there are some people who seem to want to put all this down to misogyny, like vocal fry is actually just a conduit for criticising women’s freedom of speech. Even a recent episode of Things You Should Know went down this route.​

hqdefault.jpg

It also sounds weak, in my opinion. A croaking, creaky voice isn’t something you naturally associate with a high level of fitness – it can be caused by bad breathing technique or vocal fold pathology. So it may also be that the most attractive voices tend to sound the healthiest.​

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And another, who thought the advice was along the right lines but that there were better exercises out there.​

View attachment 1025167

Beautiful fucking thread may god ascend you this is ehat i eas looking for

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Acnno and Madrigal
Beautiful fucking thread may god ascend you this is ehat i eas looking for
Mint pastilles are a good temporary fix I've heard about I should've mentioned above

https://forum.****************/threads/mint-pastilles-are-legit-for-deepvoicemaxxing.3020/
https://forum.****************/threads/my-voice-is-godtier-on-mint-pastilles.3045/

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic, lightskinbengali, Lolcel and 3 others
The #1 advice I have is to talk more. Can be hard to do if you live alone and don't have much social interaction but I noticed that whenever I'm with people for a while and talk more, my voice gets deeper/more consistent and doesn't become semi-permahoarse and weak like it does when I'm by myself all the time

• +1
Reactions: Sny, CyberPsychodelic, Jamal2222 and 3 others
Good thread did read

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Madrigal
sternocleidomastoid-stretch.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Sigmapsycho, Entschuldigung, ArdaxHG and 10 others
I have a deeper than average voice, nothing special though. But I struggle with it often feeling blocked in my throat and I get a lot of vocal fry too. I’ve got fucked up airways that make me a Sleep apneacel. Part of the problem is my big ass tonsils which might explain why my throat feels clogged especially after I eat. I’ve noticed that I need to clear my throat constantly, warm up my voice, and speak kinda quiet to not sound like a squeaky vocal fry retard for a long time, even more so after meals.

On Monday I had surgery that fixed my deviated septum. As part of the recovery my nose is all blocked up so I’ve been mouth breathing exclusively since then. I’ve noticed that my voice is at its best more often now and with less fry since I’m probably getting fuller breaths now than I was with my nose.

When my voice feels right(very rare) it’s a solid 7/10. Hopefully surgery gets me to my true voice more consistently, and then I can improve it from there with these methods. It’s been a noticeable problem and insecurity that hampered me socially since at least middle school.

Great thread my nigga. Can’t wait to be a deep, bellowing voice chad instead of a mumble, vocal fried inkwell

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Madrigal
see just training your neck like this?

• +1

• JFL
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Entschuldigung, ArdaxHG and 10 others

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

–​

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

4. Drink More Water

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 1025167

Thx don’t need that

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

–​

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

4. Drink More Water

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 1025167

Reported for mass tagging​

1460881623-d6dfd1a7d40064a3b171cf6a7930f186.gif

@her you know what to do​

• JFL
Reactions: Lolcel, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4562 and 1 other person

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

–​

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

4. Drink More Water

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 1025167

Is there any way to get a voice similar to madara uchia? From naruto his voice is 1 of the sexiest voices ive ever heard also in talking about the dubbed version

• +1
Reactions: thecel
dnr but based blackadder profile picture

• +1
Reactions: thecel

View attachment 1025133
View attachment 1025134

View attachment 1025135

View attachment 1025163

Options

• Thyroplasty ($2500~)

• Testosterone/steroids

–​

deepening-voice-graph

hqdefault.jpg

3. Aspirate

hqdefault.jpg

4. Drink More Water

5. Be More Monotone

clint-eastwood

What is vocal fry?​

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 1025167

speaking in montones won't get you laid jfl, i'm living proof. if you have any experience irl you'll undersand harmoniouus voice niggas get all the action. you can only be monotone if you're chad

• +1
Reactions: sub3lowiqcel and Gonthar
Or be born me

I stopped reading right here, like seriously....WTF is this????

• JFL
Reactions: sub3lowiqcel, Entschuldigung and Schizoidcel
the only things that work significantly is primal scream therapy

and water, but only if you're dehydrated

other than that, you cant do much naturally boyo

this MIGHT help someone out like ME

Holy fuck Sean O'Pry sounds like some faggot I would absolutely annihilate in a restroom fight during highschool, what hte fuck :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3270, Jerzy Bondov, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Test/steroids are effective at deepening your voice

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Lev Peshkov
Did anyone here try Apple Cider Vinegar trick?

Did it work for you?

And has anyone here gotten vocal surgery for lower voice?

• +1
Reactions: sensei
Mint pastilles are a good temporary fix I've heard about I should've mentioned above

https://forum.****************/threads/mint-pastilles-are-legit-for-deepvoicemaxxing.3020/
https://forum.****************/threads/my-voice-is-godtier-on-mint-pastilles.3045/

Any recommended brands? Will Mint Lifesavers work?

• +1
Reactions: Won't Reply?