[UPDATED] Tretinoin can give you depression and lead to SUICIDE [Skinmaxxers GTFIH]

CopeAndRope

CopeAndRope

Maxillophiliac
[UPDATE] I linked isotretinoin studies instead of Tretinoin, but that doesn't change that Tretinoin is a Vitamin A derivate and high doses of vitamin A can bring mental depression as a side effect: https://www.jwatch.org/jd199603010000004/1996/03/01/topical-tretinoin-and-neurologic-side-effects
The authors speculate that tretinoin was the cause of the neurotoxicity, since vitamin A and synthetic retinoids can cause headache, pseudotumor cerebri, irritability, ataxia, fatigue, depression, and psychosis.

[/UPDATE]
__________________________________________________________-

I have been feeling weird lately, lethargic, depressed and more unmotivated than ever. My doubts were confirmed to be true. I will not discontinue the usage of Tretinoin, but I will reduce it to 1 application per day, if the side effects don't leave, I will decrease it to 1 application every 2 days or more, until the sides disappear.

@PrettyBoyMaxxing I'm tagging you because I know you're using it as well.

3.2 Suicide and Depression in Acne Patients Treated with Isotretinoin

3.2.1 Individual accounts of depression following isotretinoin treatment

One patient was an 18 year-old man who developed depressed mood, loss of interest, apathy, insomnia, anergia, anhedonia, and irritability, with feelings of guilt and loss of work and social function after two months of isotretinoin treatment. This patient attempted suicide on the fifth month of isotretinoin treatment. At the time of psychiatric evaluation his HAM-D score was 31, representing clinically significant depression. He had been receiving trazodone for the prior six weeks without benefit, and was still on isotretinoin at the time of the suicide attempt. After discontinuation of isotretinoin and administration of fluoxetine, there was an improvement in mood over 4 weeks with a Ham D score of five at follow up.

A second patient was a 20 year old women treated with isotretinoin who developed depression, tearfulness, suicidal ideation, feelings of worthlessness and agitation, anergia and anhedonia, irritability and anger. Her HAM-D score was 29. The patient also had symptoms of headache. Following supposed discontinuation of isotretinoin and treatment with imipramine and several other antidepressants there was a poor response. She later revealed that she had been surreptitiously continuing(lol) the isotretinoin, but after she finally stopped, and fluoxetine was started, she had a reduction of symptoms within two weeks and a follow-up HAM-D score of 8.

A third patient was reported to have several months of symptoms of depressed mood, irritability, aggression, agitation, decreased sleep, decreased appetite, reduced concentration, anhedonia, and early morning awakening that began during a course of isotretinoin therapy. These symptoms resulted in the breakup of her marriage. At the time of the evaluation she continued to have depressive symptoms even though she had been off isotretinoin for 10 months. Her Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HAM-D) score was 26, consistent with clinically significant depression, and fell to 9 five weeks after administration of an antidepressant, indicating successful treatment of depression. The authors described three other cases that resolved with discontinuation of isotretinoin

Source:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
I have been feeling weird lately, lethargic, depressed and more unmotivated than ever. My doubts were confirmed to be true. I will not discontinue the usage of Tretinoin, but I will reduce it to 1 application per day, if the side effects don't leave, I will decrease it to 1 application every 2 days or more, until the sides disappear.

@PrettyBoyMaxxing I'm tagging you because I know you're using it as well.

Source:
Gonna stop using tretinoin because three people taking it killed themselves. See, correlation and science! :feelsyay:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jones, Deleted member 3195, chadpreetcel123 and 6 others
Gonna stop using tretinoin because three people taking it killed themselves. See, correlation and science! :feelsyay:
Pass me the rope

w e ' r e a l r e a d y d e p r e s s e d k y s

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 2933
I am happier using it because i don't have severe acne anymore lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3195
Very interesting, thanks for the tag @CopeAndRope. I only use 0.05% Retin A once per day and sometimes even skip days. I haven’t experienced any depression or symptoms; if any I have, I would imagine it’s because of the weather (cloudy/rainy a lot) and situations happening in my life at the moment.

I will note, I had kinda bad headaches 2 nights in a row, but I would contribute that to not drinking enough water, doing Muay Thai and lifting, and slouching on my bed for 4 hours staring at my laptop; not the Retin A.

I’ve only been using Retin A for like 7ish weeks now. There’s other users who use a much higher % and for longer.

• +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope

Doesn't neccarily cause causation though tbh

• +1
Reactions: Bluepill and Deleted member 2846
Using 0.1 here daily, im as depressed as ive always been.

shit thread

End it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jones and Deleted member 1862
3 people having adverse side effects from it doesn’t mean anything, finasteride and other drugs are the same in that a small percentage of people will have sides but the vast majority don’t get anything or only very minor ones

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, Deleted member 2933 and Deleted member 2846
Gonna stop using tretinoin because three people taking it killed themselves
3 people having adverse side effects from it doesn’t mean anything
It's not only 3 people you fucking autistic faggots. I just copy pasted the first 3 examples of the study. And I never said I will discontinue the use of it, just reduce from my current high autistic levels to normie ones.

It's just a heads up for future autistics like that like to go extreme with everything. If you use it in moderation, you're fine.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2933
It's not only 3 people you fucking autistic faggots. I just copy pasted the first 3 examples of the study. And I never said I will discontinue the use of it, just reduce from my current high autistic levels to normie ones.

It's just a heads up for future autistics like that like to go extreme with everything. If you use it in moderation, you're fine.

U are retarded, end this thread.

no pain, no gain

holy fuck are you all retarded?

isotretinoin is accutane you fucking dumb fucks, not retin-a which is tretinoin

• +1
Reactions: Newguyaround, Deleted member 3195 and Bluepill
U are retarded, end this thread.
y6oc7spbuzq21.gif

• JFL
Reactions: FatJattMofo

holy fuck are you all retarded?

isotretinoin is accutane you fucking dumb fucks, not retin-a which is tretinoin
Quality research, buddy :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933
I fucked up so badly lol. My brain completely removed the iso from tretinoin everytime I read it. I can only rope now. Thanks @crosshold

But that doesn't change the fact that tretinoin can give you mental depression 'cause it's always a vitamin A derivative -> https://www.drugs.com/sfx/tretinoin-side-effects.html

Last edited:
did 2 cycles of accutane and didn't have single side effect other than dry mouth and skin shedding
yeah, every medication has some risk

• +1
Reactions: InjectE
dude if you use it topically, it wont cause any of those side effects
I guess you shouldnt dermaneedle + use tretinoin topical though. .

I might stop the tretinoin and stick with dermaneedling after learning this /

I guess you shouldnt dermaneedle + use tretinoin topical though. .

I might stop the tretinoin and stick with dermaneedling after learning this /
its only when its systematically distributed. you should be fine