Upward Growth of the Maxilla (HIGH IQ USERS ONLY)

Aesthetics_III

Aesthetics_III

Kraken
While everyone knows of forward growth, upward growth of the maxilla is still poorly understood. This thread will be one of the first, and albeit an amateur attempt at tackling to topic

Upward vs Forward Growth

Upward growth is different from forward, for starters, upward growth only concerns the lower maxilla, which is this part highlighted here:

E686C161 7891 47AF 989E 0927F1286BD5
78EED893 8E7F 4ACB AEA3 03AFA5C8F99A

if you feel the part of your bone right next to your nostril, you should feel the bone i’m talking about. it’s a small piece of smooth bone, not to be confused with the alveolar process which is your gums. You can feel the difference as the lower maxilla ends where your nostril does (at least mine does) and you can differentiate it from your gums as you won’t feel any teeth. Upward growth of the lower maxilla does affect the alveolar process, pushing it upwards, but this seems independent from the inclination of the teeth (essentially, upward growth of the maxilla won’t give you a traditional overbite/push your teeth forward).

Forward growth on the other hand can refer to your jaw, zygos, orbits and your entire maxilla.

E40768E9 BD75 461A 8935 2077177ADC82
42DEFBDE 40BE 4647 8C84 95AED8F26E2D

now, when your lower maxilla grows upwards it grows forward as well, so the terms can be interchangeable.

Upward vs Non-upward grown maxilla

6C29D817 9E59 4CC7 900C 53A06CC164B5
41B7BA8B E6F3 47DC 83A3 D38E38C662D6

Now, if you look at O’Prys and Cumberbatchs lower maxilla and upper lip area you can see that Cumberbatchs upper lip area is a lot more flat and steep than O’Prys. Sean’s is far more projected and less steep than Cumberbatchs.

So far nothing groundbreaking, but now i’ll get on to the more interesting parts

O’Pry VS Barrett

Barret is often used as an extreme example of forward growth and robustness but his lower maxilla is actually flatter than O’Pry’s.

09E6E2B8 0B35 41FC 8D77 0D27D4239EAF
45B0B34F C995 498B BD0B 76ADAE916C54

O’Prys lower maxilla is more projected than Barrett’s and his is quite flat. Barrett instead has slight bimaxillary protrusion.

Bimaxillary protrusion can give the appearance of upward growth but if you look at the lower maxilla you can tell if it’s bimax protrusion or if it’s an upward grown maxilla

9C138EC0 8B7C 4922 8F6A 361E4D08D234
E4489A29 782C 4D69 AB15 F88E3CC913B5

Why Upward Growth Matters

The most interesting thing about upward growth is that it allows for the chin to grow properly. Often, when one talks about insane forward growth the chin is often set back a little, like Barrett’s. This is because he has slight bimax protrusion. To tell upward growth of the maxilla apart from bimax is to look at the lip positioning.

207A8370 ED87 4C98 BBD6 A609CB9143B5
211B8554 05A8 4981 94F7 9E6C6A2374DE

Both O’Pry and Barrett have their upper lip ahead of their bottom lip, But O’Prys upper lip is more forward set by his maxillary growth but doesn’t “protrude” whilst Barrett’s does.

Additionally, it can also be theorised that the upward growth of the maxilla pushes the jaw forward and upward, which could be why O’Pry has an very forward grown mandible.

“The results seem to imply that the mandible is carried forwards passively with the growth of the maxilla and that restriction of this maxillary forward growth was compensated for by more vertically directed condylar growth resulting in a decrease in the length of the mandible and an increase in its height.

9D934B3A 0ADC 4A5D B10C 1CB657D89A08

Secondly, an upward and forward grown maxilla stretches the skin, allowing for a leaner distribution of fat in the face. This, in conjunction with other features, is why Sean’s face is very defined despite not having insane bone mass

E94097BF 52EB 4443 BBA2 3D776761E1CA

Conclusion

Upward/forward growth of the lower maxilla is the key to aesthetics. It stretches your skin allowing a more defined face and pushes your mandible forward and allows for ideal chin growth.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: lightskinbengali, IMZLEGEND, Deleted member 14392 and 13 others
ah yes very high IQ thread that my extremely high IQ brain is able to understand and comprehend at a high IQ level.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 15827, thecel and 4 others
So when I'm getting a lefort and ask my surgeon for forwards and upwards growth what's he gonna say?

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, Daniel Plainview, LightSkinNoob and 2 others
i think i saw a turkish surgeon which posted results for this upward growth surgery thing.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Agendum
So when I'm getting a lefort and ask my surgeon for forwards and upwards growth what's he gonna say?
he will think you are a retarded

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HerpDerpson and Gestapo
O'Cry looks like an American lorry, whereas recessedcels looks like a European lorry.

AVvXsEheuIhJ6ELf02b-bCBFPzg-0AqkmS9J71b3nS6YL1wwkw3rrTWu2500B3Sf_X64IynzPRhpInXkW9ONo75mlUu461456F4e-twvhSfDSRS_nMqG27Tmn4ZikO5g0SH_mOBCHvlhw-gpFt2rzZS3D-3i4zhdqglgWLOoE8ltEGwI5BIBEF81V_go3lOGVQ=s16000

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, amkcel, IMZLEGEND and 12 others
Does mewing help with upward growth or not?

Dnrd Barrett and many others mogs Sean

So why tf are there so many recessed subhumans? All over the goddamn world.

• +1
Reactions: IMZLEGEND
If he's honest he's going to tell you to visit the mental asylum because there is no upwards growth of the maxilla it only grows forwards and downwards. @betamanlet people here don't know the basics but have the nerve to make bullshit broscientific threads labeled "HiGh iQ"
fucking jokers
There is no upward growth of the maxilla. There is only cw or ccw rotation of a portion of the maxilla during lefort if needed. OP is spreading misinformation mods ban him or delete this thread
@PapiMew @Gargantuan @Preston @Kingkellz @Lorsss @her

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Racky, EverythingMattersCel and 2 others
Yes i'm doing it and i see changes even after only 2 weeks, if you are in puberty you will become the ultimate gigachad with mewing

• +1
If he's honest he's going to tell you to visit the mental asylum because there is no upwards growth of the maxilla it only grows forwards and downwards. @betamanlet people here don't know the basics but have the nerve to make bullshit broscientific threads labeled "HiGh iQ"
fucking jokers

There is no upward growth of the maxilla. There is only cw or ccw rotation of a portion of the maxilla during lefort if needed. OP is spreading misinformation mods ban him or delete this thread
@PapiMew @Gargantuan @Preston @Kingkellz @Lorsss @her
Exactly right. Maxilla grows downwards and forward at the SN(Sella-nasion) line due to the cranial base. There's no such thing as upper growth of the maxilla. Only rotation of occlusal plane during a DJS.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Racky and Gestapo
Do I have "upward" groth like O'pry? Of course I have normie proportions and features not so gl.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-18-04-02-04-701_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-18-04-02-04-701_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 0
the problem I have, is that I feel that masseter hypertrophy from chewing and steroid use exerts a pulling force on the bones,

as it seems to have forced the upper maxilla to move more upwards CCW, thereby moving the lower maxilla downwards in a CW rotation,

result is steeper/flatter philtrum, thin upper lip, nose is more downturned, flatter midface,

and, more generally speaking, overall face looks flatter as a result.

The limiting factor of upward growth is usually neurocranium.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
Yes i'm doing it and i see changes even after only 2 weeks, if you are in puberty you will become the ultimate gigachad with mewing
I did hard mewing and saw results in 2 weeks ,my jaw and bigonial got wider but i don't do it anymore as my bigonial will become too much and it will make my jaw look bloated.
I am already looking in masseter reduction as i believe my jaw width is too much.
What do u think?
Did u do hard mewing?

• +1
how do we grow it like that tho