Vitamin C reduces elastin, and sun damage apparently increases an abnornal amount of elastin(more elastin)

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir
this goes against everything

Elastin is more important than collagen

the real interesting this is photo damage and sun damage actually increase “abnormal amount of elastin” and I think that means more elastin over time

One argument people say is that vit c reduces elastin cause elastin is over produced when its damaged(but wouldn’t that lead to lower elastin over time?)

Personal story related: I was taking 10g vit c a day everyday for 1.7 years, I reduced it back to 3g a day and notice my skin not sagging as much/a bit less nasol folds

I’m 26 but when I was 21-24 I was tanning heavily and that was when my skin was the tightness

at 24 I stopped tanning my face for anti aging but started to notice a bit more nasolfolds(could have been from not tanning or just dieting) they got better when I got back up to like 12+%

to show how important elastin is(way more than collagen) this is a video of a dude jumping in slow, when gravity affects the face the elastin bounces his skin back up. He went from 19 to 70 years old in less than a second

Attachments

• 5D66D767-F445-4BAB-A119-483148E44077.png
    5D66D767-F445-4BAB-A119-483148E44077.png
    499.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 3196EB13-B6A7-4A3E-8A3E-89923D10297A.png
    3196EB13-B6A7-4A3E-8A3E-89923D10297A.png
    477 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: zeshama, Lmao, zharupodrugu and 4 others
Vitamin C reducing elastin is a complete myth imo. I've had increased elastin after Vit c usage

• +1
Reactions: zeshama and Deleted member
Source sun increasing elastin ?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Vitamin C reducing elastin is a complete myth imo. I've had increased elastin after Vit c usage
It’s not a myth lmfao. Look up the studies

“C exposure increased collagen, decreased elastin.”

just google all the studies

Last edited:
Source sun increasing elastin ?
Just type in “sun increasing elastin study”

or “abnormal production of elastin increased from sun damage” or something like that

Takes 2 mins to google lmao

here’s a good one:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Biggdink
Getting sunlight is anti aging, not the other way around.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Aqua, RobticaI and 3 others
il note that I def did experience my skin having more of a glow when I was doing 10g vit c a day, BUT I noticed a bit more sag(probably related to reduced elastin)

Getting sunlight is anti aging, not the other way around.
Im not biased. Im not saying sun increases or decreases elastin, I brought here to try find an answer.

“abornormal elastin is increased significantly with photo damaged skin from the sun”

who knows if that equals more elastin long term or it equals to less. That’s why I made this post, to discuss it

So sun is good for aging ?

So sun is good for aging ?
No lol, pretty much the worst thing for aging your skin. Your skin needs to have elastin and collagen in balance

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and Danish_Retard
il note that I def did experience my skin having more of a glow when I was doing 10g vit c a day, BUT I noticed a bit more sag(probably related to reduced elastin)

Absolutely placebo.

• +1
Reactions: zeshama, Danish_Retard and Copexodius Maximus
dumb thread, get vit-c daily and use sunscreen always.

• +1
Sun exposure

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Lolcel, datboijj and 2 others
Bump this

If you look at these 2 twins the one with the more sun exposure(left) actually looks like she has more elastin. The one with less sun exposure looks like her face is sagging more, more nasal folds

I feel like sun exposure is responsible for more winkles but helps a sagging face

I’d rather have more wrinkles than a sagging face any day

could be body fat idk but it’s worth looking into

Attachments

• F4D80D41-003D-4C8B-8848-938BFF2FF786.jpeg
    F4D80D41-003D-4C8B-8848-938BFF2FF786.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: fachero17, Deleted member 9670 and KraftDurchLeid

the real interesting this is photo damage and sun damage actually increase “abnormal amount of elastin” and I think that means more elastin over time

One argument people say is that vit c reduces elastin cause elastin is over produced when its damaged(but wouldn’t that lead to lower elastin over time?)

Personal story related: I was taking 10g vit c a day everyday for 1.7 years, I reduced it back to 3g a day and notice my skin not sagging as much/a bit less nasol folds

I’m 26 but when I was 21-24 I was tanning heavily and that was when my skin was the tightness

at 24 I stopped tanning my face for anti aging but started to notice a bit more nasolfolds(could have been from not tanning or just dieting) they got better when I got back up to like 12+%

to show how important elastin is(way more than collagen) this is a video of a dude jumping in slow, when gravity affects the face the elastin bounces his skin back up. He went from 19 to 70 years old in less than a second

A little extra vitamin c is good. You were taking a crazy amount. We aren't chimps and recycle the stuff some so we dont need crazy amounts of it like that.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 4430, Dainslief and 1 other person
If you look at these 2 twins the one with the more sun exposure(left) actually looks like she has more elastin. The one with less sun exposure looks like her face is sagging more, more nasal folds

I feel like sun exposure is responsible for more winkles but helps a sagging face

even if true. about the elastin and less sagging.

The other effects of sun, ar still there and are worse. The other side effects of sun, beingL hyperpigmanets and wrinkles.
the woman on the left OVERALL looks worse.

even if true. about the elastin and less sagging.

The other effects of sun, ar still there and are worse. The other side effects of sun, beingL hyperpigmanets and wrinkles.
the woman on the left OVERALL looks worse.
No lmfao

sagging is 100x worse than wrinkles because sagging fat pads rev your true age

some 18 years get wrinkles from just excessive face movement

I’d rather have sun spots and wrinkles than have face sag with nasol folds/under eye hollows and jowls any fuckin day

Also if I had to chose I’d rather smash the left than that sagging melting face on the right

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit, Giorgio and Deleted member 9670
Did you confirm this with a biopsy, or is that just conjecture?

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Eduardo DOV and lasthope
As a matter of fact, sun exposure does increase elastin density - but not in a helpful way. The elastin generated as a response to UVA irradation is abnormal and not correctly deposited. This contributes to a distinct thickened appearance of the skin known as solar elastosis and is the most striking (and repulsive) form of skin aging.

Furthermore, the fibroblasts will eventually "realize" that there is a large amount of degraded/nonfunctional elastin surrounding them after depositing this nonfunctional elastin, and will release matrix metalloproteins (MMPs) in order to destroy them. However, the MMPs cannot distinguish between healthy elastin and normal elastin, and will degrade both, along with destroying collagen.

You do not want to get sun damage.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: fachero17, Mongrelcel, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 5 others
So what's the ideal dosage of vitamin C from supplements, say if you have anxiety and stuff apparently you need more?

Is it a result of vitamin D produced by the Sun? Because if elastin is related to vitamin D levels, then we can just supplement.

As a matter of fact, sun exposure does increase elastin density - but not in a helpful way. The elastin generated as a response to UVA irradation is abnormal and not correctly deposited. This contributes to a distinct thickened appearance of the skin known as solar elastosis and is the most striking (and repulsive) form of skin aging.

Furthermore, the fibroblasts will eventually "realize" that there is a large amount of degraded/nonfunctional elastin surrounding them after depositing this nonfunctional elastin, and will release matrix metalloproteins (MMPs) in order to destroy them. However, the MMPs cannot distinguish between healthy elastin and normal elastin, and will degrade both, along with destroying collagen.

So science is Right That you should minimize sun exposure as much as possible

• +1

never really knew that thanks (y)

It seems ur right. I knew about solar elastis, but I actually google imaged solar elastist and there’s pictures of it and it’s wrinkled skin.

Still this doesn’t 100% rule out the sun doesn’t increase elastin. We need more research. The info is iffy cause idk if it’s 100% solar elastin that’s produced from the sun or like 50%

also this doesn’t disprove anything about vitamin c

vit c actually does reduce elastin

source: the asylum

It seems ur right. I knew about solar elastis, but I actually google imaged solar elastist and there’s pictures of it and it’s wrinkled skin.

Still this doesn’t 100% rule out the sun doesn’t increase elastin. We need more research. The info is iffy cause idk if it’s 100% solar elastin that’s produced from the sun or like 50%

also this doesn’t disprove anything about vitamin c

vit c actually does reduce elastin
Can you please provide a source for that claim?

Can you please provide a source for that claim?
About vitamin c?

I already provided multiple sources for vitamin c reducing elastin

there’s studies I linked

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 643

That appears to be just fat in general which makes those folds more prominent in some people. If she lost weight she would look better than the more sun exposed twin I think.

About vitamin c?

I already provided multiple sources for vitamin c reducing elastin

there’s studies I linked
Those studies say that elastin production is lowered, but not elastin itself. Keep in mind that in adults, essentially all new elastin produced is nonfunctional.

good thread bump

so is tanning good for stopping fat pads sagging or?

Vit C is a total cope. People think they need more vit C than they do because their diets are full of sugar (which competes with vit C at the receptors) and because they aren't able to produce enough collagen from meat precursors. This is why sailors eating biscuits all day get scurvy on low Vit C, but indigenous people don't. It's why vegans eating vit C all day age terribly and have saggy gray skin. As an anti-oxidant vit C isn't particularly strong, and the foods in which it is contained are themselves oxidative due to sugar content.

Vit C is a huge supplement industry, the supplements themselves are even more profitable than fruits. So take their marketing with a grain of salt.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu and PURE ARYAN GENETICS