Warning for tretinoin/retin a users - meibomian glands

sub6manletnozygos

sub6manletnozygos

Kraken
I've been placing tretinoin under my eyes to reduce fine line wrinkles in an attempt to become more of a human being rather than remain such an ugly subhuman.
HOWEVER
Recently my eyes were feeling very dry and stinging slightly. It's gotten to a point that its more than mild discomfort; it's painful.
Upon further research I have now found out that tret and more generally, continued 'retinoid treatment [makes] the meibomian glands become significantly less dense, atrophic and the osmolality of the tear film increases.'
This is important because 'meibomian glands are the tiny oil glands which line the margin of the eyelids (the edges which touch when the eyelids are closed).'
If the function of these glands are impacted, which they can be with continued use of tret, the water component of tears wont evaporate and you likely suffer from dry eyes. Any damage to these mebomian glands is generally permanent...
It's ogre for subhumans. There's no winning aesthetically if you are ugly just fucking lol.
I'm slowly starting to accept my place as an ugly subhuman and resign myself to studyceling and getting a PHD for self-gratification rather than wasting my time, health and sanity feebly looksmaxxing.
I hope i havent permanently damaged my eyes...

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Danish_Retard, BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Mongrelcel and 6 others
Nothing new, Ive seen people here say plenty of time that you should put in under your eyes and you should stop at the bone
Still good to warn greycels

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and Biiyo03
Nothing new, Ive seen people here say plenty of time that you should put in under your eyes and you should stop at the bone
Still good to warn greycels
my fucking vision is also mildly impaired. I am silly for not research this enough.:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:
I just want to be comfortable with the way i look :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and Cidre enjoyer
I've been on tretinoin 0.5 for +5 years, currently nearing 28. No fat loss at all, vision is the same.

• +1
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer
I've been on tretinoin 0.5 for +5 years, currently nearing 28. No fat loss at all, vision is the same.
Have you experienced dry eyes?
Do you put tretinoin just under your eyes or do you place it half an inch below/along the orbital bone?

Have you experienced dry eyes?
Do you put tretinoin just under your eyes or do you place it half an inch below/along the orbital bone?

no dry eyes here, undereye become flaky without much moisturizing though. I apply two small pea sized drops through the cheekbones and I also rub along the under eyes .

• +1
Reactions: sub6manletnozygos
My eyes are fucked. I only see darkness. What difference does it make?

• Hmm...
I've been on it for a year and have had no issues at all. I don't put it under my eyes though, it seemed pretty common sense to not put a treatment like that near your eyes.

• +1
In the description that comes with the tretinoin. It says to avoid the eye ereea

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Cidre enjoyer
I've been placing tretinoin under my eyes to reduce fine line wrinkles in an attempt to become more of a human being rather than remain such an ugly subhuman.
HOWEVER
Recently my eyes were feeling very dry and stinging slightly. It's gotten to a point that its more than mild discomfort; it's painful.
Upon further research I have now found out that tret and more generally, continued 'retinoid treatment [makes] the meibomian glands become significantly less dense, atrophic and the osmolality of the tear film increases.'
This is important because 'meibomian glands are the tiny oil glands which line the margin of the eyelids (the edges which touch when the eyelids are closed).'
If the function of these glands are impacted, which they can be with continued use of tret, the water component of tears wont evaporate and you likely suffer from dry eyes. Any damage to these mebomian glands is generally permanent...
It's ogre for subhumans. There's no winning aesthetically if you are ugly just fucking lol.
I'm slowly starting to accept my place as an ugly subhuman and resign myself to studyceling and getting a PHD for self-gratification rather than wasting my time, health and sanity feebly looksmaxxing.

Meibomian glands can grow back, however it takes a really long time

Go to r/dryeyes if u wanna read more

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and sub6manletnozygos
Your own fault for listening to autists here, but i do think you can heal back the glands to normal. Obviously the tret got into the glands and fucked with it. This is why all retinoid protocols avoid the orbit

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and sub6manletnozygos
I used 0.25 undereye at night and started getting severe dry eye through the day. Thankfully it improved when I stopped so you aren't totally fucked unless you have been doing it for years.

seems like some people are just more sensitive to it than others

Been on tret for 2 years and always put it under my eyes, nothing happened except better skim texture + no acne + tranny glow to my face

• Woah
Reactions: wollet2
Been on tret for 2 years and always put it under my eyes, nothing happened except better skim texture + no acne + tranny glow to my face
Can you pm me link?

Dnrd but getting a PhD if you are a subhuman is based
HOWEVER

Update:
I've stopped applying tretinoin under my eyes and my dry out have gone away after 3 months. i believe using a warm cloth to my eyes in the morning and at night helped my Meibomian glands unclog.

• Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Danish_Retard