Water fasting comprehensive guide

EnderMist

EnderMist

Iron
- I wanted to make this guide because I think its a topic that most of the fitness and self improvement communities are unaware of. I urge you to sift through this wordy post because I think it supplies information that literally everyone could benefit from. This is coming from someone who has been fasting for 2 years with over a dozen under his belt. I now fast once monthly for 3 days.
- Disclaimer: This is not medical advice. Please consult your doctor or at least some other sources before attempting. Regardless, I have attempted to make this guide as complete as possible so follow at your own risk.
- There is no TL;DR because if you're going to actually do a fast, there is a good amount of information you should know going in. It's a somewhat intense biological function to subject yourself to with some risk and should be treated as such. It's like a 10 minute read btw.

What is water fasting?

- Water fasting, extended fasting, or zero calorie fasting is a dietary protocol taking place for at least 24 hours that involves ingesting 0 calories. This fasting method induces a state called ketosis which essentially switches the body's metabolism to burn fat for fuel instead of glycogen. If even a couple grams of glucose is consumed, the fast is considered broken as you leave the state of ketosis. During this state, the body doesn't use many of its organs. You enter a state of healing where your body can go into maintenance mode that allows it to recycle unneeded material inside of itself. This involves a process called autophagy where cells consume waste and broken mechanisms inside of them to restore themselves to a more functional state. The result is a reduction in the biological age of your skin and other organs. Basically, you give your body a much needed break from many of its daily duties which allow it to catch up on healing itself.
- Water fasting is NOT starving. It's a deliberate mechanism of our biology and was reguarly experienced by our anscestors.
- Water fasting will alter your hormone levels in some complex ways that I won't be getting into. Some key points are that your insulin sensitivity will be massively reduced since you aren't releasing it at all during the fast. Baseline cortizol levels increase, leading to a more alert and agitated state. Norepinephrine levels increase dramatically.

How does water fasting relate to looksmaxxing?

- Rapid, healthy fat loss.
- Improved skin
- Improved health and energy levels
- Helps build discipline outside of fasting for better diet choices by "resetting" palate and understand the power cravings don't have over you. You will come to appreciate healthy foods that promote longevity and health.
- Makes unrelated life goals seem more attainable.
- Sorry, it won't turn you into chad but it will make you the healthiest version of yourself.

Why water fast?

- Water fasting has a tremendous list of benefits which I will get into. Ultimately I believe everyone should water fast regardless of who they are and what kind of health they are in. Everything from general health, strength training, and cancer treatment has shown to benefit from extended fasts. However, the decision to fast ultimately comes down to the individual's tolerance for discomfort, and their ability to identify with the benefits and willingness to prioritize the benefits derived from fasting. If you can't meet the discipline threshold required for your level of motivation, it may be difficult to commit. I hope to pursuade the motivation side of the equation with this thread.
- Ketosis has a certain set of advantages. First of all, there was a study comparing weight loss in extended fasts vs traditional calorie restricted diets. When the study concluded, the participants in both groups lost the same amount of total body weight. However, the participants in the fasting group lost 10% lean mass while the participants in the calorie restricted group lost 25% lean mass. Secondly, the state induced while fasting is theorized to be a very deliberate mechanism of evolution. When humans lived a hunter/gatherer lifestyle, we expected to go periods without food. During these periods, our bodies become highly efficient at burning fat and not lean mass as mentioned earlier, and our brain become more focused and alert to increase the chance of finding food. Infact, for the first few days of a fast, our metabolisms increase to help encourage these processes as a gamble to find food.
- Fasting allows for a greater appreciation for the small things in life after it subjects you to a mostly, but not entirely uncomfortable state of being. I'll get more into it in the next section "how does fasting feel". The result of the tribulations is an overall higher tolerance for discomfort. When you slog through your days fasting, it gives you a different perspective on life both on the micro and macro level. You'll come to realize things you might not perceive normally, similarally to the effect psychedellics have. You might think more objectively about the way you have been spending your time, or the structure of the world around you, and you'll even revisit the meaning of the sensory world, gaining a new appreciation for the sights, smells, and feelings inside your body. I have found hunger and bodily discomfort hold much less power over me these days as I just don't associate with it as much.
- The rate of weight loss is another huge advantage of fasting. During the fast, you will lose ridiculous amounts of weight although this is mostly water weight. I typically lose 5-8 lbs after the first day or two. Ignore this because you'll just get it back. You will burn substantial amounts of fat in the days spent fasting, however. Approximately 0.5-1 lb per day, possibly minus the first day since you aren't in ketosis and you're just subsisting off of the glycogen from the days prior. So for example, during a 3-day fast someone would expect to lose at least 1 lb or up to 2-3 lbs. The larger you are, especially the more muscle you have, and the more calories you burn on top of TDEE, the more fat you'll lose. I lose about 1 lb at 150 lbs (lean) myself during that 3 day window. I don't go overboard on cardio though. Somebody dedicated to burning extra calories could realistically lose 3-5 lbs in 5 days assuming the subject isn't super lean or small. I like to go for consistency so I fast about once a month for 3 days with some light cardio sprinkled in as I can bear it. This way, I can propetually bulk while possibly even getting leaner. This hasn't sacrificed my gains and actually provides a great break/restoration period every month for my body to deal with fatigue.

How does fasting feel?

- One might expect intense hunger that only builds during the course of a fast. This couldn't be further from the truth. I have found that hunger subsides substantially as the fast prolongs to points below what one might expect during a normal day. With that being said, fasting promotes a different state of being that is threatened by the impending reminder that food would snap you out of it (its like hunger but different). I would describe this heightended state of being as promoting truth and mindfulness and removing comfort. You will become more insightful to your body and your mind at the cost of an apparent discomfort enabled mostly by an irritating decrease in motivation, energy, and possibly focus. Basically, you feel kinda woke, pissy, unmotivated, and tired. It's a state that will teach you about discipline and discomfort like almost nothing else in life. It's a healthy way to induce growth both mentally and physically through adversity.
- Your behavior might resemble that of a day spent hungover, where you lack the focus and motivation to do things, but it feels different. I surmise that most people can do whatever daily tasks they normally do, minus hard physical labor. It will likely be harder than usual but not impossible and many people report increased levels of focus (I do but it comes and goes).
- Participants in a study reported increased levels of alterness, mood improvement, feelings of well being, and occasional euphoria. Science shows the brain runs off increasingly ketone bodies, which reduce brain inflammation, and increase BDNF levels which has positive effects to learning and memory and lead to higher synaptic plasticity. Since norepinephrine levels increase, it leads to a natural high usually induced by the fight or flight response. This has been reported to affect sleep, however.

How to water fast:

I will describe the process chronologically:

- First, you gotta choose a length for your fast. I recommend 3 days for most people, beginner or not. 4 or 5 days will serve a similar purpose but is more advanced. Long fasts >5 days aren't something I specialize in but I've heard you can lose even more weight and even cure diabetes however it's not the kind of thing I recommend for a first timer. There was an obese guy that got shredded by fasting over a year with supplementation, so you can go as long as you feel comfortable doing. Your body will tell you if something is going wrong and as long as you can avoid refeeding syndrome, it will be considered generally safe although I still recommend seeing a doctor beforehand. A 2 day or even 1 day fast is OK but many of the benefits won't be experienced and you really aren't getting the full experience. It takes at least a day to get into ketosis. I like to do 3 days 4 nights.
- The day before the fast, and ideally as long as possible preceding it, one should consume whole unprocessed foods that have lots of micro nutrients to prevent deficiencies. Consuming fiber will reduce constipation. One should also consume little of foods that generate gastrointestinal discomfort.
- At least the last meal if not all the meals on the last day before the fast, one should consume foods with as low of a glycemic index as possible. This means that the foods shouldn't spike blood sugar. Generally avoid carbs, sugar, alcohol, or opt for less refined versions. I like to consume 6-8 eggs with lots of butter and maybe cheese for my last meal. It contains nearly 0 carbs and is quite filling. The goal when avoiding glycemic foods is the jump start the ketosis process by decreasing glycogen stores ahead of time. This will help the discomfort on the first day of the fast substantially because the body will rely less on rapidly depleting glycogen stores. This means less hunger, more energy.
- Walk or engage in as much light cardio as possible, especially on the first day. This will expedite the ketosis process making the first day overall easier because the period where hunger will be at its highest and energy at its lowest will be reduced. Continuing to burn calories this way throughout the fast is a great way to increase fat loss without puting much demand on the body during this difficult time.
- You're gonna want to resistance train if possible. Don't go very hard since this is a great time for your body to deload and heal. I like to drop the intensity by at least 20% if not literally in half during my fasts. During a 3 day fast it won't be the end of the world if you don't workout but it will prevent muscle loss better than anything. I like doing a workout early on the first day since I still have lots of energy and motivation.
- Breaking the fast needs to be treated as a gently process. I made the mistake of breaking a 3 day fast harshly and it made me suffer. I had Bloating and stomach discomfort for nearly 2 weeks afterwards but probiotics seemed to help. You want to introduce whole unprocessed foods in small quantities over the course of at least a few hours. The longer your fast, the more seriously you have to take this step by limiting the types of food and portions even more and by increasing the adjustment period. Refeeding syndrome is condition that can kill you, but generally high risks aren't a concern with fasts shorter than a week.

What can you Consume during fasts?

- Consume tons of water (duh). Ideally some kind of filtered water since detoxing is one of the reasons you do the fast in the first place. Since we consume so much water in our solid foods, you need to consume extra water during a fast. 1 gallon at least is recommended.
- Consume sodium in the form of table salt at a rate of 0.5-1 tsp per day. This is absolutely mandatory, when I first started fasting I didn't know about this and the fasts were some of the most difficult experiences I've ever endured. Ridiculously lethargic. Tingling fingers and toes. Loss of cognitive focus and generally an uncomfortable state of mind. Extreme lightheadedness, dizziness, and tunnel vision upon standing. All fixed with a few pinches of salt. Don't fuck around with electrolytes.
- Other electrolytes. These mainly apply with longer fasts and don't offer as many benefits as sodium. I like to take some potassium though, 500mg is a nice dose but any or none would be fine.
- Supplements. You can continue taking many nootropics and some supplements. A lot of vitamins and amino acids are only fat soluble and may disrupt your stomach so discontinue those. Don't take fish oil since it has calories and some other supplements probably do too. I take all my regular supplements and nootropics: magnesium before bed, creatine, lions mane, and ashwaghanda. You can throw in stimulant drugs like caffeine, adderall, or phenylpiracetam.
- Black tea or coffee. Caffeine is nice because it helps with energy and makes you less hungry.
- Seltzer water. This may disrupt your stomach though.
- Do not consume diet drinks, artificial sweetener or calories of any kind. These all disrupt the process of fasting, even in small quantities.

Some good sources:

- Me

Feel free to ask questions

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: dirtydorito, Jungcuck, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 20 others
Great post, thanks for the information.

Do you think extended fasting 2-3 days is worth it if you're already restricting feeding time to ~8 hours a day?

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Erik-Jón, 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and 1 other person
When I did water fast for 3 weeks (with breaks every 1 week) so basically I'd eat day1 then go the whole week without eating. I lost a huge amount of fat but also my hair started falling out like crazy some time after I stopped. Now my hair grew back but it was brutal my head looked like a ballsack. Don't you think there will be vitamin/mineral deficiencies during water fasting ? Or maybe the body doesn't see hair as a necessity in cases of survival situations(hunger)

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
Also you can't train/work while water fasting. I was insanely week while doing it. Energy and strenght levels dropped to oblivion

Also you can't train/work while water fasting. I was insanely week while doing it. Energy and strenght levels dropped to oblivion
Did you consume sodium? It made a ridiculous difference for me.

Great post, thanks for the information.

Do you think extended fasting 2-3 days is worth it if you're already restricting feeding time to ~8 hours a day?
Yes, intermittent and extended fasting are related but see different benefits. Extended fasts really give your body time to heal. Try it to better evaluate for yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Can you drink 0 calorie sodas and energy drinks?

I've done two 8-day water only fasts, usually for Holy Week (which is next week). Might do it again this year. I cannot recommend it enough to everyone. It's not nearly as dangerous or scary as people make it out to be.

Put salt, no-salt (or potassium citrate), and epsom salts in the water and you're golden. Great guide.

>CTRL+F semaglutide
>zero results
cringe

Can you drink 0 calorie sodas and energy drinks?
No it spikes insulin surprisingly. Also the more you consume other than just water, the less “detoxing” you’ll accomplish.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69, Deleted member 15569 and Constantin Denis
Good thread OP, BOTB worthy imo

• +1
Reactions: EnderMist
this is autistic as shit

Didn’t read (yet) but I lose weight much faster on 5:3 diet (water fast MWF) than a typical 500 cal defecit tbh

Didn’t read (yet) but I lose weight much faster on 5:3 diet (water fast MWF) than a typical 500 cal defecit tbh
Interesting diet. I theorize that water fasting on non consecutive days would be sub optimal because you’d spend less time in ketosis which may also negatively affect hunger. I haven’t tried or had to lose weight though, so our goals are different. I water fast for health reasons and to maintain weight.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
Best thread on fasting

• +1
Reactions: Lars and EnderMist
one question;
should i consume a lil bit salt in the fasting?
i mean for example, i make 3 day water fasting and put just a lil bit salt in water (one time a day?) and drink it?
need my body salt? (i mean actually yes but idk)

Pin worthy tbh @Pendejo

• +1
There is no guide just drink water the whole day and don’t eat

• +1
Reactions: Dreadnoughtus and AlexBrown84
one question;
should i consume a lil bit salt in the fasting?
i mean for example, i make 3 day water fasting and put just a lil bit salt in water (one time a day?) and drink it?
need my body salt? (i mean actually yes but idk)
As the guide says, 0.5-1tsp should have you covered and yes it’s very important to include.

i did a ten day fast. Felt great. Co worker said my face looked way better. Unfortunately I have been eating like crap lately and drinking lots of alcohol almost every day. Due to depression (or maybe it's the other way around, the alcohol causing the depression)

i did a ten day fast. Felt great. Co worker said my face looked way better. Unfortunately I have been eating like crap lately and drinking lots of alcohol almost every day. Due to depression (or maybe it's the other way around, the alcohol causing the depression)
Damn bro that sucks. You got balls to do a ten day that’s for sure I’m working my way up to a five day.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin
Damn bro that sucks. You got balls to do a ten day that’s for sure I’m working my way up to a five day.
you got it man. I found that after 2-3 days it was pretty easy and I was no longer hungry.

Good post but you need to format better into smaller colored sections. I saw block of text and was instantly like TLDR

Good thread. Bookmarked

• +1
- I wanted to make this guide because I think its a topic that most of the fitness and self improvement communities are unaware of. I urge you to sift through this wordy post because I think it supplies information that literally everyone could benefit from. This is coming from someone who has been fasting for 2 years with over a dozen under his belt. I now fast once monthly for 3 days.
- Disclaimer: This is not medical advice. Please consult your doctor or at least some other sources before attempting. Regardless, I have attempted to make this guide as complete as possible so follow at your own risk.
- There is no TL;DR because if you're going to actually do a fast, there is a good amount of information you should know going in. It's a somewhat intense biological function to subject yourself to with some risk and should be treated as such. It's like a 10 minute read btw.

What is water fasting?

- Water fasting, extended fasting, or zero calorie fasting is a dietary protocol taking place for at least 24 hours that involves ingesting 0 calories. This fasting method induces a state called ketosis which essentially switches the body's metabolism to burn fat for fuel instead of glycogen. If even a couple grams of glucose is consumed, the fast is considered broken as you leave the state of ketosis. During this state, the body doesn't use many of its organs. You enter a state of healing where your body can go into maintenance mode that allows it to recycle unneeded material inside of itself. This involves a process called autophagy where cells consume waste and broken mechanisms inside of them to restore themselves to a more functional state. The result is a reduction in the biological age of your skin and other organs. Basically, you give your body a much needed break from many of its daily duties which allow it to catch up on healing itself.
- Water fasting is NOT starving. It's a deliberate mechanism of our biology and was reguarly experienced by our anscestors.
- Water fasting will alter your hormone levels in some complex ways that I won't be getting into. Some key points are that your insulin sensitivity will be massively reduced since you aren't releasing it at all during the fast. Baseline cortizol levels increase, leading to a more alert and agitated state. Norepinephrine levels increase dramatically.

How does water fasting relate to looksmaxxing?

- Rapid, healthy fat loss.
- Improved skin
- Improved health and energy levels
- Helps build discipline outside of fasting for better diet choices by "resetting" palate and understand the power cravings don't have over you. You will come to appreciate healthy foods that promote longevity and health.
- Makes unrelated life goals seem more attainable.
- Sorry, it won't turn you into chad but it will make you the healthiest version of yourself.

Why water fast?

- Water fasting has a tremendous list of benefits which I will get into. Ultimately I believe everyone should water fast regardless of who they are and what kind of health they are in. Everything from general health, strength training, and cancer treatment has shown to benefit from extended fasts. However, the decision to fast ultimately comes down to the individual's tolerance for discomfort, and their ability to identify with the benefits and willingness to prioritize the benefits derived from fasting. If you can't meet the discipline threshold required for your level of motivation, it may be difficult to commit. I hope to pursuade the motivation side of the equation with this thread.
- Ketosis has a certain set of advantages. First of all, there was a study comparing weight loss in extended fasts vs traditional calorie restricted diets. When the study concluded, the participants in both groups lost the same amount of total body weight. However, the participants in the fasting group lost 10% lean mass while the participants in the calorie restricted group lost 25% lean mass. Secondly, the state induced while fasting is theorized to be a very deliberate mechanism of evolution. When humans lived a hunter/gatherer lifestyle, we expected to go periods without food. During these periods, our bodies become highly efficient at burning fat and not lean mass as mentioned earlier, and our brain become more focused and alert to increase the chance of finding food. Infact, for the first few days of a fast, our metabolisms increase to help encourage these processes as a gamble to find food.
- Fasting allows for a greater appreciation for the small things in life after it subjects you to a mostly, but not entirely uncomfortable state of being. I'll get more into it in the next section "how does fasting feel". The result of the tribulations is an overall higher tolerance for discomfort. When you slog through your days fasting, it gives you a different perspective on life both on the micro and macro level. You'll come to realize things you might not perceive normally, similarally to the effect psychedellics have. You might think more objectively about the way you have been spending your time, or the structure of the world around you, and you'll even revisit the meaning of the sensory world, gaining a new appreciation for the sights, smells, and feelings inside your body. I have found hunger and bodily discomfort hold much less power over me these days as I just don't associate with it as much.
- The rate of weight loss is another huge advantage of fasting. During the fast, you will lose ridiculous amounts of weight although this is mostly water weight. I typically lose 5-8 lbs after the first day or two. Ignore this because you'll just get it back. You will burn substantial amounts of fat in the days spent fasting, however. Approximately 0.5-1 lb per day, possibly minus the first day since you aren't in ketosis and you're just subsisting off of the glycogen from the days prior. So for example, during a 3-day fast someone would expect to lose at least 1 lb or up to 2-3 lbs. The larger you are, especially the more muscle you have, and the more calories you burn on top of TDEE, the more fat you'll lose. I lose about 1 lb at 150 lbs (lean) myself during that 3 day window. I don't go overboard on cardio though. Somebody dedicated to burning extra calories could realistically lose 3-5 lbs in 5 days assuming the subject isn't super lean or small. I like to go for consistency so I fast about once a month for 3 days with some light cardio sprinkled in as I can bear it. This way, I can propetually bulk while possibly even getting leaner. This hasn't sacrificed my gains and actually provides a great break/restoration period every month for my body to deal with fatigue.

How does fasting feel?

- One might expect intense hunger that only builds during the course of a fast. This couldn't be further from the truth. I have found that hunger subsides substantially as the fast prolongs to points below what one might expect during a normal day. With that being said, fasting promotes a different state of being that is threatened by the impending reminder that food would snap you out of it (its like hunger but different). I would describe this heightended state of being as promoting truth and mindfulness and removing comfort. You will become more insightful to your body and your mind at the cost of an apparent discomfort enabled mostly by an irritating decrease in motivation, energy, and possibly focus. Basically, you feel kinda woke, pissy, unmotivated, and tired. It's a state that will teach you about discipline and discomfort like almost nothing else in life. It's a healthy way to induce growth both mentally and physically through adversity.
- Your behavior might resemble that of a day spent hungover, where you lack the focus and motivation to do things, but it feels different. I surmise that most people can do whatever daily tasks they normally do, minus hard physical labor. It will likely be harder than usual but not impossible and many people report increased levels of focus (I do but it comes and goes).
- Participants in a study reported increased levels of alterness, mood improvement, feelings of well being, and occasional euphoria. Science shows the brain runs off increasingly ketone bodies, which reduce brain inflammation, and increase BDNF levels which has positive effects to learning and memory and lead to higher synaptic plasticity. Since norepinephrine levels increase, it leads to a natural high usually induced by the fight or flight response. This has been reported to affect sleep, however.

How to water fast:

I will describe the process chronologically:

- First, you gotta choose a length for your fast. I recommend 3 days for most people, beginner or not. 4 or 5 days will serve a similar purpose but is more advanced. Long fasts >5 days aren't something I specialize in but I've heard you can lose even more weight and even cure diabetes however it's not the kind of thing I recommend for a first timer. There was an obese guy that got shredded by fasting over a year with supplementation, so you can go as long as you feel comfortable doing. Your body will tell you if something is going wrong and as long as you can avoid refeeding syndrome, it will be considered generally safe although I still recommend seeing a doctor beforehand. A 2 day or even 1 day fast is OK but many of the benefits won't be experienced and you really aren't getting the full experience. It takes at least a day to get into ketosis. I like to do 3 days 4 nights.
- The day before the fast, and ideally as long as possible preceding it, one should consume whole unprocessed foods that have lots of micro nutrients to prevent deficiencies. Consuming fiber will reduce constipation. One should also consume little of foods that generate gastrointestinal discomfort.
- At least the last meal if not all the meals on the last day before the fast, one should consume foods with as low of a glycemic index as possible. This means that the foods shouldn't spike blood sugar. Generally avoid carbs, sugar, alcohol, or opt for less refined versions. I like to consume 6-8 eggs with lots of butter and maybe cheese for my last meal. It contains nearly 0 carbs and is quite filling. The goal when avoiding glycemic foods is the jump start the ketosis process by decreasing glycogen stores ahead of time. This will help the discomfort on the first day of the fast substantially because the body will rely less on rapidly depleting glycogen stores. This means less hunger, more energy.
- Walk or engage in as much light cardio as possible, especially on the first day. This will expedite the ketosis process making the first day overall easier because the period where hunger will be at its highest and energy at its lowest will be reduced. Continuing to burn calories this way throughout the fast is a great way to increase fat loss without puting much demand on the body during this difficult time.
- You're gonna want to resistance train if possible. Don't go very hard since this is a great time for your body to deload and heal. I like to drop the intensity by at least 20% if not literally in half during my fasts. During a 3 day fast it won't be the end of the world if you don't workout but it will prevent muscle loss better than anything. I like doing a workout early on the first day since I still have lots of energy and motivation.
- Breaking the fast needs to be treated as a gently process. I made the mistake of breaking a 3 day fast harshly and it made me suffer. I had Bloating and stomach discomfort for nearly 2 weeks afterwards but probiotics seemed to help. You want to introduce whole unprocessed foods in small quantities over the course of at least a few hours. The longer your fast, the more seriously you have to take this step by limiting the types of food and portions even more and by increasing the adjustment period. Refeeding syndrome is condition that can kill you, but generally high risks aren't a concern with fasts shorter than a week.

What can you Consume during fasts?

- Consume tons of water (duh). Ideally some kind of filtered water since detoxing is one of the reasons you do the fast in the first place. Since we consume so much water in our solid foods, you need to consume extra water during a fast. 1 gallon at least is recommended.
- Consume sodium in the form of table salt at a rate of 0.5-1 tsp per day. This is absolutely mandatory, when I first started fasting I didn't know about this and the fasts were some of the most difficult experiences I've ever endured. Ridiculously lethargic. Tingling fingers and toes. Loss of cognitive focus and generally an uncomfortable state of mind. Extreme lightheadedness, dizziness, and tunnel vision upon standing. All fixed with a few pinches of salt. Don't fuck around with electrolytes.
- Other electrolytes. These mainly apply with longer fasts and don't offer as many benefits as sodium. I like to take some potassium though, 500mg is a nice dose but any or none would be fine.
- Supplements. You can continue taking many nootropics and some supplements. A lot of vitamins and amino acids are only fat soluble and may disrupt your stomach so discontinue those. Don't take fish oil since it has calories and some other supplements probably do too. I take all my regular supplements and nootropics: magnesium before bed, creatine, lions mane, and ashwaghanda. You can throw in stimulant drugs like caffeine, adderall, or phenylpiracetam.
- Black tea or coffee. Caffeine is nice because it helps with energy and makes you less hungry.
- Seltzer water. This may disrupt your stomach though.
- Do not consume diet drinks, artificial sweetener or calories of any kind. These all disrupt the process of fasting, even in small quantities.

Some good sources:

- Me

Feel free to ask questions

Good post!

I wouldn't recommend nootropics to people on a fast unless they know exactly what they are doing, phenibut for example rasises my appetite by about 100-200 %.

Also I would not lean on caffeine, it might make it easier but you are stressing your body out with cortisol, and on a fast the cortisol is already high.

The easiest way to get through a water fast is:

1. being motivated as fuck
2. not eating anything, anything other than water is triggering you

• +1
Good post!

I wouldn't recommend nootropics to people on a fast unless they know exactly what they are doing, phenibut for example rasises my appetite by about 100-200 %.

Also I would not lean on caffeine, it might make it easier but you are stressing your body out with cortisol, and on a fast the cortisol is already high.

The easiest way to get through a water fast is:

1. being motivated as fuck
2. not eating anything, anything other than water is triggering you
Yeah a fast is a bad time to experiment. I should have specified that. Generally drugs that are known to suppress appetite are good, but may lead to irritability. I wouldn’t do anything crazy with drugs, personally I usually just drink a coffee and that’s it.

• +1
Reactions: Yellowskies

Legit over

They break fast and fuck the insulin brah , and not only that they trigger your appetite immensely

• +1
Reactions: EnderMist and Kami
Gum too, I almost made this mistake once.

Oh yea.. gum is worse

Thats what I mean, the easiest way through a fast is really to eat fuck all. Water and some salt

Oh yea.. gum is worse

Thats what I mean, the easiest way through a fast is really to eat fuck all. Water and some salt
Seltzer water and coffee hasn’t interrupted it for me personally, although I’m more hesitant with the carbonation messing with my stomach

• +1
Reactions: Yellowskies
Seltzer water and coffee hasn’t interrupted it for me personally, although I’m more hesitant with the carbonation messing with my stomach

I dont see why any human needs carbonated water.. makes it harder to drink efficiently and offer no additional benefit but a added cost. But thats just my opinion

I dont see why any human needs carbonated water.. makes it harder to drink efficiently and offer no additional benefit but a added cost. But thats just my opinion
Naturally carbonated water has more calcium and magnesium than normal water. (check the labels of different brands)

Naturally carbonated water has more calcium and magnesium than normal water. (check the labels of different brands)

Ok but thats splitting hairs.. normie water is prolly enough

But ofc the cleaner the better

Tldr: kill yourself you utter subhuman

Great thread

Ill stick to normal spring water. Like nature intended.

If you mean naturally carbonated water, I’ve never seen it in my life.

Why would anyone do this over eating salad with chicken all day

Ill stick to normal spring water. Like nature intended.

If you mean naturally carbonated water, I’ve never seen it in my life.
Yea. Naturally. In my country there are a lot of brands. Its called borsec

will this cause a lot of muscle loss?

great thread. is 3 days really necessary? I usually do 40-42 hours once a week, would you say 88-90 hours every second or third week would be worth? mainly looking to autophagymax and hormesismax. I'm already hungry as fuck by the time I'm done and I don't want to lose weight at 170lbs :feelshmm: the salt tip is great btw it gives you some flavor and energy. I like to use a premium transylvanian salt :feelshmm: