(Water) If your going to college/uni for anything non stem related ur wasting ur time.

indeed, and the point I'm emphasizing is that name matters exponentially more when it comes to business-related majors than it does for medical or engineering-related majors

as long as you get a medical degree even from a meme college you will pretty much be set whereas with business you need the name brand
Yes I agree that's why I caveated that you need to get a degree from a good school. Wouldn't it be the same for a lot of STEM though like engineers and CS?

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend
Yes I agree that's why I caveated that you need to get a degree from a good school. Wouldn't it be the same for a lot of STEM though like engineers and CS?
I mean im not gonna sit here and pretend like I know stuff about engineering because I quite frankly don't

but many of my friends are in the process of earning mechanical and aerospace engineering degrees and for them it seems you just get hired for a job after college by some company and as long as you know your stuff you're set. Many schools even have a co-op program that gets your foot in the door before you even get your degree.

For aspiring doctors (like myself) you rot away for fucking years in med school and then go on to do residency before making some money and dying

for finance people, I guess you are correct in that you get a degree and then work for a firm or company or whatever but I feel like those jobs care more about prestige than actual qualifications from what I've seen. Also you don't have the luxury of co-ops either.

I could be making shit up though considering this is all purely anecdotal evidence i've seen from my friends

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus and Marsiere214
the only school i unlocked with my HS grades was a religious school. waste of time or attend?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thereallegend and Marsiere214
On average the stemcel would earn more than ur AVERAGE financecel provided that they both attended a non ivy league school.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, Master_Wanky and Octavian_Augustus
On average the stemcel would earn more than ur AVERAGE financecel provided that they both attended a non ivy league school.
That's possible to be honest. Again lol my first post clearly stated it needs to be from a good school (and by that I mean a really good one like a top 25 school in the US)

• +1
Reactions: Master_Wanky and Marsiere214
That's possible to be honest. Again lol my first post clearly stated it needs to be from a good school (and by that I mean a really good one like a top 25 school in the US)
agreed, on average stemcels earn more its also more autistic friendly field.

• +1
Reactions: Master_Wanky
Engineer/CS degree brand matters as much as business/finance, it's just easier to make it even if you don't have name brand recognition in STEM compared to business/finance. but the latter mogs the former both in items societal status and upward career mobility

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
I mean im not gonna sit here and pretend like I know stuff about engineering because I quite frankly don't

but many of my friends are in the process of earning mechanical and aerospace engineering degrees and for them it seems you just get hired for a job after college by some company and as long as you know your stuff you're set. Many schools even have a co-op program that gets your foot in the door before you even get your degree.

For aspiring doctors (like myself) you rot away for fucking years in med school and then go on to do residency before making some money and dying

for finance people, I guess you are correct in that you get a degree and then work for a firm or company or whatever but I feel like those jobs care more about prestige than actual qualifications from what I've seen. Also you don't have the luxury of co-ops either.

I could be making shit up though considering this is all purely anecdotal evidence i've seen from my friends
Rlly true, though I'm sure you've seen in news that STEM careers available to juniors is in the gutter rn, really hard to get a job at the entry level. I finished 4 year EE program myself and I've done a bunch of internships but I hated wageslaving at every single one of them, even as as junior engineer you just get given the gayest and most menial dogshit nigger work to do that none of the senior engineers want to do. Honestly made me want to rope but at least I have some shit to put on resume so it's not that bad. Everyday I just think about taking the startuppill but I don't know what I would build... just brutal man

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
water
but Finance should be considered STEM tbh or put FSTEM or FSTEM or some shit like that tbh
i dont like programming so i went into business and finance as a major
should have legit went into Harvard for Finance and make connections with WASPs , legit, cause i have the IQ

one of the biggest regrets of my life srs :smonk:

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, thereallegend and Master_Wanky
water
but Finance should be considered STEM tbh or put FSTEM or FSTEM or some shit like that tbh
i dont like programming so i went into business and finance as a major
should have legit went into Harvard for Finance and make connections with WASPs , legit, cause i have the IQ

one of the biggest regrets of my life srs :smonk:
U cant attend to harvard or to ivy league
Jfl, going to harvard is like winning the lottery. Ur average stem bro is making way more compared to the non ivy league financecels.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, thereallegend, Master_Wanky and 1 other person
Med mogs

• WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Skywalker
Jfl, going to harvard is like winning the lottery. Ur average stem bro is making way more compared to the non ivy league financecels.
it depends on a lot of things but prob anyone thats remotely high iq should do stem in 2023 and beyond + working on their business after your 100K$+ SWE job is done for the day

easily 300-400K$ in a few years if you're successful if not millionaire cause you sell your startup or some shit :smonk:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Master_Wanky and Marsiere214
you didnt read what ive posted
i said I COULD HAVE if only i had lived my life differently from like 15- i know ppl that did , from my shithole EE country, and i have met them, and therefore i knew i could have done it too, had i been in their position , which in my case it would have been a question of higher tier schooling , but my parents decided to cuck me by sending me to local village HS :feelskek:

If u want to graduate early and you live in the US u can go to a self paced Uni and earn ur bachelors in 2.5 years instead of 4.
If ur happy with being middle class you can attend trade school although some of these jobs might get automated.
White collar is more likely to be automated due to ChatGPT

But you dont get it, I wont be a psychologist, I just need the degree for the job
I've seen this before. Some employers would rather take someone with a meme degree than no degree.

• +1
Reactions: WeiWei
is it over for my Veterinary science degree?
One girl I met at a factory worked as a vet making $12/hr. She came to the factory because it paid better.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot and Marsiere214
daily reminder that finance and business meme degrees are only for people who are from rich families. I promise u that if u major in finance u will never be able to pay back ur debt.
I wanna become a surgeon lmao

the only school i unlocked with my HS grades was a religious school. waste of time or attend?
The religious circuit is a ok enough place to work, degree is still degree

they’ll probably have a curfew and make u play board games

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
Anything is possible with any degree if you know how to market yourself and network have connections and be extrmely holistic and confident in your approach

which nobody knows how to do, the advantage with comp sci and engineering is that the red carpet to a career is laid out for you and takes no volition beyond just going thru the motions

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
Anything is possible with any degree if you know how to market yourself and network have connections and be extrmely holistic and confident in your approach

which nobody knows how to do, the advantage with comp sci and engineering is that the red carpet to a career is laid out for you and takes no volition beyond just going thru the motions
business degrees are only for ivy leaguecels/chads
stem degrees are way better for ur average person. They provide you with less competition in comparison with the rest.

• Love it
Reactions: Master_Wanky