We should talk more about implants

Germania

Germania

Kraken
It seems to me that there are fewer posts about implants here than there were earlier. Everyone writes about some hardcore surgeries nowadays.

Are implants the holy grail? They are not very expensive and the procedure is quite harmless. Even in Germany, chin or cheek implants cost "only" 4000€.
Don't you think that some people would be better of with a mandibular and chin implant than with bimax or other more hardcore surgeries?

Has anyone got implants or is planning some?

surgery-for-men-361-view1-detail.jpg

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2788 and SexyMofo
While implants CAN be good.

You shouldn't get them if you're recessed in some cases.

Like an overbite, an overbite patient with a chin implant will look comical

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 7125 and 3 others
The problem with them is that you need them custom made, which there are only few pp who do such a thing.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and LebenistneHure

I am not recessed, i have a solid basei guess. Just need a bit more chin and cheeks

It seems to me that there are fewer posts about implants here than there were earlier. Everyone writes about some hardcore surgeries nowadays.

Are implants the holy grail? They are not very expensive and the procedure is quite harmless. Even in Germany, chin or cheek implants cost "only" 4000€.
Don't you think that some people would be better of with a mandibular and chin implant than with bimax or other more hardcore surgeries?

e8c21688425ea9150bb53edfab5195e5.jpg

No, they are mostly bullshit for the lower third and just easy cash grabs for surgeons.

Implants need to die off.

Osteotomies are the way to get an attractive harmonious face instead of pieces of plastic on a recessed face.

Only if you have a good jaw are implants any good, but at that point it's unnecessary and you should reprioritse your life.

• +1
Reactions: baruch, Need2Ascend and Deleted member 4310
This dude really posted a result of fillers on a thread about implants...
giphy.gif

Google showed me this image when i looked for chin implants. Imagine another example in your ugly head instead my son

fuck implants. what about permanent fillers?

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
You should only get implants if you’re not recessed or have an issue that can’t be fixed with an osteotomy, then the implant HAS to be custom made. I wanted a jaw implant but idk anymore because the chance of infection seems very high

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope, Germania and Deleted member 4310
No, they are mostly bullshit for the lower third and just easy cash grabs for surgeons.

Osteotomies are the way to get an attractive harmonious face instead of pieces of plastic on a recessed face.

Only if you have a good jaw are implants any good, but at that point it's unnecessary and you should reprioritse your life.
Exactly, I used to cope with "I just need a chin implant" when I joined PSL but after reading more about facial aesthetics I came to the conclusion that implants are a jewish scam in 99,9% of cases and that a genio is the way to go for chincels.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Anyone planning to hard-ascend and isn't Chad will need implants. The following can only be achieved via them (unless someone can enlighten me):
- Lengthening the ramus
- Widening the mandible
- Projecting the gonions outwards
- Pulling the brow ridge forwards/downwards
- Projecting the cheeks forwards/upwards
- Make a negative vector eye positive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, to_stop_da_cope, Deleted member 4383 and 4 others
Anyone planning to hard-ascend and isn't Chad will need implants. The following can only be achieved via them (unless someone can enlighten me):
- Lengthening the ramus
- Widening the mandible
- Pulling the brow ridge forwards/downwards
- Projecting the cheeks forwards/upwards
- Make a negative vector eye positive
I love your avi
Can you show full? Please

i've got a deep bite, and i'm sure that I need bimax, but i'm looking for more of a camouflage fix as no way am I wearing braces and stuff as an oldcel, not to mention all teh money and time!

Do you think a chin wing or maybe a genioplasty? (genio aimed more at height and width as opposed to horizontal improvement)

• +1
Reactions: blacktablet and Deleted member 6873

Maxilo are wrong, u need to recolate the mandibule, no put more bone into it. Lmao

Look this example. The line beard doesnt fit with mandibule shape

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-02 at 20.10.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-02 at 20.10.39.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 157
Implants are cope unless they're made of hydroxyapatite.

surgery-for-men-361-view1-detail.jpg

I need a maxed out wraparound jaw implant to make my nonexistent ramus tall af, infraorbital malar implant and I’m set

Osteotomy vs Implants - which is better?
• Custom Implants can do things osteotomies cannot do which is total control in re-contouring
• Osteotomies can do things implants cannot do like have drastic changes in moving the related structures like eyes, nose, and mouth. There is no replacement for bimax (moving the MOUTH)
• The limitation of an osteotomy is moving what you already have into a new position while the freedom of an implant is total recontouring control as above.
• Implants have an easier recovery but also a higher infection risk (about 1% per implant)
• A combination approach / being open to both when one is a better solution for the specific situation will give the patient the best result.

TO ADDRESS THE BONE EROSION ARGUMENT:
• Screw fixated implants have some but minimal (aesthetically unappreciable) bone impression which eventually stops. The bigger the implant the more pressure from the soft tissue envelope and the deeper the impression (rarely over 2mm)
• Plate & Screw Fixated osteotomies have minimal (aesthetically unappreciable) relapse. The bigger the movement the more resistance from soft tissue envelope and the more relapse you have (.5-2.5mm)

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet
After having my rhinoplasty, my surgeon is now suggesting that I should consider a chin implant to help balance my features. And if I fix my chin with an implant, then I'm going to have to augment my jaw and cheeks, too. I've been quoted, for all three implants, anywhere from €12K-€20K - and that includes cheaper options like going to Turkey, too. It's just too expensive. And because of facial changes due to ageing, it's almost inevitable to have to have implants removed, replaced, and resized later on in your life. Muscle and fat atrophies, and the body loses bone - this happens to all humans as we age, and is unavoidable. So what looks good and facially propionate at 20, might not be the same as how you look at 40, 65, 70, etc. I can't afford to spend €20K every fifteen years to change the size of my implants.

As much research as I do, I still can't come to love the look of implants. They look soft and rounded, and the result looks significantly underwhelming. The only time I think they look good is on patients who are in their 60's or 70's, or have significant facial deformities.

It's quite stressful trying to decide what to do. I guess I'll just stick to having a calcium hydroxyapatite based dermal filler, like Radiesse. Research data shows that this is the highest viscosity of all dermal fillers on the market, stimulates collagen and fibroblast production, integrates into bone tissue, shows little to no migration, and can last up to two years.

After having my rhinoplasty, my surgeon is now suggesting that I should consider a chin implant to help balance my features. And if I fix my chin with an implant, then I'm going to have to augment my jaw and cheeks, too. I've been quoted, for all three implants, anywhere from €12K-€20K - and that includes cheaper options like going to Turkey, too. It's just too expensive. And because of facial changes due to ageing, it's almost inevitable to have to have implants removed, replaced, and resized later on in your life. Muscle and fat atrophies, and the body loses bone - this happens to all humans as we age, and is unavoidable. So what looks good and facially propionate at 20, might not be the same as how you look at 40, 65, 70, etc. I can't afford to spend €20K every fifteen years to change the size of my implants.

As much research as I do, I still can't come to love the look of implants. They look soft and rounded, and the result looks significantly underwhelming. The only time I think they look good is on patients who are in their 60's or 70's, or have significant facial deformities.

It's quite stressful trying to decide what to do. I guess I'll just stick to having a calcium hydroxyapatite based dermal filler, like Radiesse. Research data shows that this is the highest viscosity of all dermal fillers on the market, stimulates collagen and fibroblast production, integrates into bone tissue, shows little to no migration, and can last up to two years.

The look soft and rounded because off the shelf implants are designed for women.

Custom implants are the best option for men.

(and you could just do a genioplasty for Cheaper than a custom Chin implant if you like your chin SHAPE and just want to put it on a new POSITION)

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope and Deleted member 7747

Cool?

Explain how I can sharpen / make my gonials more prominent or add mass to my chin with osteotomies and show an example?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Cool?

Explain how I can sharpen / make my gonials more prominent or add mass to my chin with osteotomies and show an example?

This is an isolated example, most people on this forum do not have a good lower third which would benefit more from an osteotomy then an implant.

Yes if you have a great jaw and want to take it up a notch then an implant would be good.

At that point i would just question your your priorities and ask you get fillers for a year to see if you even like the look before commiting to an implant.

This is an isolated example, most people on this forum do not have a good lower third which would benefit more from an osteotomy then an implant.

Yes if you have a great jaw and want to take it up a notch then an implant would be good.

At that point i would just question your your priorities and ask you get fillers for a year to see if you even like the look before commiting to an implant.

Good argument

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Custom implants are an absolute necessity if you've got an underdeveloped upper midface or recessed cheekbones and orbitals. No osteotomy (ofc apart from lefort3 which no non-syndrome patient will be getting) can replace the custom implants. Again, key word is custom. Yes, it costs a lot of money, but I view it as investing into my future self. I'd rather be happy with myself and not look recessed than drive a new car. Then again, it all comes down to your priorities.

Wouldn't a side wing osteotomy widen the mandible and project the gonions outwards?