Western vs Eastern approach for Bimax

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Life is a beautiful journey, just enjoy the rides.

As you can see this guy got his Bimax here in the west that's why the surgeon advanced his upper jaw. However, one thing I've noticed is that in South Korea the surgeon would retract back his lower jaw to correct the bite. Why is there such a different approach when it comes to the same case?

east asia prefers neoteny on both genders

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
I have heard horror stories where the incel goes for anasthesia and the surgeon just goes to his lunch break to eat dog than operate on the incel

• JFL
Reactions: Oberyn, Chinlet Ascension and Deleted member 17920
does it mean that the patient can request an Asian doc for the western approach as well?

View attachment 1942010

As you can see this guy got his Bimax here in the west that's why the surgeon advanced his upper jaw. However, one thing I've noticed is that in South Korea the surgeon would retract back his lower jaw to correct the bite. Why is there such a different approach when it comes to the same case?
because korean surgeon's like feminine cartoon look

korean men get surgery to look more feminine, they get their cheeks bones fractured and burrned, their jaw angles cut off, their chins reduced.

western men want the opposite.

same reason koreans want taller noses, westerners want to chop of their humps and make them cuter.

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
because korean surgeon's like feminine cartoon look

korean men get surgery to look more feminine, they get their cheeks bones fractured and burrned, their jaw angles cut off, their chins reduced.

western men want the opposite.

same reason koreans want taller noses, westerners want to chop of their humps and make them cuter.
I just talked with my Asian maxillfac surgeon who graduated from England and did apprenticeship in California. During the meeting he asked if I want the western or eastern, musculine or feminine outcome. So yeah a westerner can get Bimax done in Asia as long as the surgeon and patient have agreed on which standard is aiming for.

I just talked with my Asian maxillfac surgeon who graduated from England and did apprenticeship in California. During the meeting he asked if I want the western or eastern, musculine or feminine outcome. So yeah a westerner can get Bimax done in Asia as long as the surgeon and patient have agreed on which standard is aiming for.
yeah well he got western exposure,

theoretically of course they can do both, but in places like china and korea, even if you push for something western you are more likely to end up like everyone else.

then they go to the west for reversal.

• +1
retracting the jaw is guaranteed to descend you no matter what ethnicity you are

• +1
retracting the jaw is guaranteed to descend you no matter what ethnicity you are
do you realise that many ethnics have bimaxillary protrusion right?

By retracting the upper jaw it gives an illusion that their upper maxilla is well developed and bring out more harmonious looks. If that practically person still want to advance both jaws than they need to fix the midface by paranasal and infraorbital implants.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
Why is there such a different approach when it comes to the same case?
Probably just because Asian faces are flatter in general, so it looks more "normal" to them to do it that way. That, plus a love of super-neotenous faces.

• +1
View attachment 1942010

Because they can’t bring the maxilla forward because they’re stuck like that forever

yea that’s why they love my blonde hair blue eyes pale skin 😻

• +1