We've been fooled by IGF-1 LR3?!?!

O

Osie

Diamond
Contributor
(This is a very short and rushed thread) TLDR: IGF-1 LR3 can not increase serum IGF-1 levels and can reduce it and it is hypothesized to only bind to the IGF-1 receptors in our muscles but that's unproven.

I was on a forum called MesoRx (informational pharmaceutical forum), and I asked whether IGF-1 LR3 has any effects on serum IGF-1 levels. A member on the forum called Type-IIx who is highly educated in all things HGH, steroids, and peptides, answered my question and said this:

RhIGF-I (mecasermin; e.g., Increlex) is the only IGF that will increase serum IGF-I.

LR3 IGF-I is a different peptide. It is an analog of IGF-I that contains a 13-amino acid extension at the NH₃-terminal end consisting of Met-Phe-Pro-Ala-Met-Pro-Leu-Ser-Ser-Leu-Phe-Val-Asn and has an arginine substitution for a glutamic acid at residue 3. As a result, it is resistant to IGFBP binding (
like @enchanted_elixir said), dramatically reducing its biological half-life, and necessitating frequent multiple daily injections to achieve any biological effect (marked by hypoglycemia on par with rhIGF-I).

The reason that you should expect, if anything, reduced serum IGF-I concentrations on bloodwork is because LR3 in most assays is not crossreactive with IGF-I, & because it rapidly clears circulation due to lack of IGFBP binding.

Here is evidence of it lowering serum IGF-I:
Gehrig SM, Ryall JG, Schertzer JD,Lynch GS. Insulin-like growth factor-I analogue protects muscles of dystrophic mdx mice from contraction-mediated damage. Exp Physiol. 2008 Nov;93(11):1190-8. doi: 10.1113/expphysiol.2008.042838. Epub 2008 Jun 20. PMID: 18567600.

Other notable effects were that, given continuous 24-hour infusion in rats, it had no significant effect on muscle contractile properties, mass, force capacity,
nor specific force, it decreased median myofiber cross-sectional area,
indicating that IGFBP interaction is needed to maintain or augment muscle myofiber size.

And even if you access legit IGF-1 which is called Increlex, if you have any underlying genetic IGF-1 receptor issues, causing you not to respond well to HGH, Increlex still hasn't been shown that effective even in the context in which it is supposed to be used in. A study called "Profile of mecasermin for the long-term treatment of growth failure in children and adolescents with severe primary IGF-1 deficiency" exposes this fact as it reveals that in all the studies in which Increlex has been used, it has not been proven to be effective at causing height growth and can not be used as a substitute to HGH yet, with the efficacy that it's currently showing!

All in all, we've been fooled by the idea of IGF-1 LR3, thinking it would be a possible gateway to faster heightmaxxing gains, but in reality, it's nothing more than a waste of time. However, I could be wrong, we do need to see more people try LR3 and check their serum IGF-1 levels to get more of a definitive idea but it's not looking good so far. IGF-1 Des may have more potential since it's closer to the actual IGF-1 peptide than LR3!

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lightskinbengali, smoth, cyprian_tomaszewski and 6 others
It's crazy how all these years on the forum, we've thought so highly of IGF-1 LR3 and IGF-1 in general for it to only show limited efficacy in almost any context that it's supposed to be used for is super disappointing.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali, smoth, kebab and 2 others
It's crazy how all these years on the forum, we've thought so highly of IGF-1 LR3 and IGF-1 in general for it to only show limited efficacy in almost any context that it's supposed to be used for is super disappointing.
I wish to be able to know all of this knowledge like you bro have a good 2024

• +1
Reactions: Maalik, smoth, macedonpsycho and 2 others
honestly should be called INCELex, lol

I understand that money plays a huge role, but if you have enough it's just better to go for the HGH than get IGF-1 LR3 which is turning out to be a fucking disappointment

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Splinter901
we do need to see more people try LR3 and check their serum IGF-1 levels to get more of a definitive idea but it's not looking good so far. IGF-1 Des may have more potential since it's closer to the actual IGF-1 peptide than LR3!
i would be willing to try both but the only problem is the blood test for this (serum IGF1) costs between £150 - £200 (190-254USD) depending on the lab I use. If anyone can tell me a way to get the bloods done for cheaper ill do it/find a lab willing to do it in the UK for refrence this is the cost of 4 weeks of HGH supply from the source I use.

i would be willing to try both but the only problem is the blood test for this (serum IGF1) costs between £150 - £200 (190-254USD) depending on the lab I use. If anyone can tell me a way to get the bloods done for cheaper ill do it/find a lab willing to do it in the UK for refrence this is the cost of 4 weeks of HGH supply from the source I use.
Well, to see if IGF-1 LR3 is legit or not, you'd have to test it solo, but also, you'd have to get a serum IGF-1 test regardless during your time on HGH to see if your IGF-1 levels are in range to grow

honestly should be called INCELex, lol

I understand that money plays a huge role, but if you have enough it's just better to go for the HGH than get IGF-1 LR3 which is turning out to be a fucking disappointment
Well, that's what people like @pessimistic were heavily pushing for, which I agreed with to an extent before but now I completely agree with now, seeing this new evidence.

• +1
Reactions: Lethbridge
Well, to see if IGF-1 LR3 is legit or not, you'd have to test it solo, but also, you'd have to get a serum IGF-1 test regardless during your time on HGH to see if your IGF-1 levels are in range to grow
Yeah im getting them normally (pre, 10 days in, then monthly) but if I want to test just Lr3 & des id have to get additional tests before lr3/des is running (while rest of stack is running) and another test after starting it. So we can compare their levels when used alongside HGH and other things in my stack. It would be an additional 2 tests for one, and 3 to get them both.

@enchanted_elixir, my apologies if this seems like a copy thread, I just realized how similar our titles and the vibe we come off within the threads are extremely similar. I think this thread somewhat serves as a nail in the coffin as it also introduces that IGF-1 LR3 can reduce serum IGF-1 levels and that even Increlex can be faulty. Hoepfully no hard feelings!

Well, that's what people like @pessimistic were heavily pushing for, which I agreed with to an extent before but now I completely agree with now, seeing this new evidence.
A general rule of thumb that applies to everything, not just looksmaxxing, is that you shouldn't try to cheap out on important things like this

For instance a good buccal fat surgery mogs tf out of 10 fat loss injections that don't scratch the surface of the problem. At the end you just pay more for the 10 injections combined than the one good surgery

same with this. Just save up for HGH instead of wasting time and money with IGF-1 LR3

• +1
Reactions: finn899 and Osie
ONE OF MY FAVE ISERS!! LOVE U OSIE YOU HELPED ME SO MUCH

• +1
Reactions: smoth and ccwarrior
(This is a very short and rushed thread) TLDR: IGF-1 LR3 can not increase serum IGF-1 levels and can reduce it and it is hypothesized to only bind to the IGF-1 receptors in our muscles but that's unproven.

I was on a forum called MesoRx (informational pharmaceutical forum), and I asked whether IGF-1 LR3 has any effects on serum IGF-1 levels. A member on the forum called Type-IIx who is highly educated in all things HGH, steroids, and peptides, answered my question and said this:

RhIGF-I (mecasermin; e.g., Increlex) is the only IGF that will increase serum IGF-I.

LR3 IGF-I is a different peptide. It is an analog of IGF-I that contains a 13-amino acid extension at the NH₃-terminal end consisting of Met-Phe-Pro-Ala-Met-Pro-Leu-Ser-Ser-Leu-Phe-Val-Asn and has an arginine substitution for a glutamic acid at residue 3. As a result, it is resistant to IGFBP binding (
like @enchanted_elixir said), dramatically reducing its biological half-life, and necessitating frequent multiple daily injections to achieve any biological effect (marked by hypoglycemia on par with rhIGF-I).

The reason that you should expect, if anything, reduced serum IGF-I concentrations on bloodwork is because LR3 in most assays is not crossreactive with IGF-I, & because it rapidly clears circulation due to lack of IGFBP binding.

Gehrig SM, Ryall JG, Schertzer JD,Lynch GS. Insulin-like growth factor-I analogue protects muscles of dystrophic mdx mice from contraction-mediated damage. Exp Physiol. 2008 Nov;93(11):1190-8. doi: 10.1113/expphysiol.2008.042838. Epub 2008 Jun 20. PMID: 18567600.

Other notable effects were that, given continuous 24-hour infusion in rats, it had no significant effect on muscle contractile properties, mass, force capacity,
indicating that IGFBP interaction is needed to maintain or augment muscle myofiber size.

And even if you access legit IGF-1 which is called Increlex, if you have any underlying genetic IGF-1 receptor issues, causing you not to respond well to HGH, Increlex still hasn't been shown that effective even in the context in which it is supposed to be used in. A study called "Profile of mecasermin for the long-term treatment of growth failure in children and adolescents with severe primary IGF-1 deficiency" exposes this fact as it reveals that in all the studies in which Increlex has been used, it has not been proven to be effective at causing height growth and can not be used as a substitute to HGH yet, with the efficacy that it's currently showing!

All in all, we've been fooled by the idea of IGF-1 LR3, thinking it would be a possible gateway to faster heightmaxxing gains, but in reality, it's nothing more than a waste of time. However, I could be wrong, we do need to see more people try LR3 and check their serum IGF-1 levels to get more of a definitive idea but it's not looking good so far. IGF-1 Des may have more potential since it's closer to the actual IGF-1 peptide than LR3!
Context & Notes for readers:

Well, my thread suggested that IGF-1 LR3 is more of a bodybuilding peptide than a heightmaxing peptide, since IGF-1 LR3 will do very little for longitudinal bone growth, and do significantly more for muscle, since IGF-1 LR3 has a very weak affinity to IGFBP-3, which is supposed to take IGF-1 LR3 to places like the growth plate or other places for long bone growth but since it doesn't really bind to it, it just roams around and binds to other IGFBPs that will take the IGF-1 LR3 to places like muscles.

Let's assume you live 5 minutes away by foot from a river/ocean.

Taking IGF-1 LR3 is like carrying a bucket of water (IGF-1) home to pour in your mini-pool (your growth plates) from the ocean by foot, while the bucket has holes in it. You'll come home with like 5% of the water you collected.

The rest of the water was used for purposes that you aren't looking for.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali

Interesting thread though.

Great that I found this out.
Like they say "Science advances one funeral at a time".

@enchanted_elixir, my apologies if this seems like a copy thread, I just realized how similar our titles and the vibe we come off within the threads are extremely similar. I think this thread somewhat serves as a nail in the coffin as it also introduces that IGF-1 LR3 can reduce serum IGF-1 levels and that even Increlex can be faulty. Hoepfully no hard feelings!
Don't worry at all. None of my threads have copyright, neither will I ever feel bad about you sharing useful information, no matter what.

Well, it grows bones in face when injected.

It’s enough for most people i guess

• Love it
Reactions: looksmidder
ENHCANTED ELIXIR I LOVE U TOO!! AMAZING USER YUO HAVE GIVEN ME SO MUCH GOOD INFO!!!!

Here's all of my threads in one thread, if you haven't seen already.
Of course, as always, make sure you DYOR & experiment. I can be wrong.

• Love it
Reactions: looksmidder

Great post osie. This is why I never suggest heightmaxxing ideas which havent been attempted in medical trials. No medical proof usually means something isnt right. Its very unlikely that anyone on this forum has discovered an effective heightmaxxing drug ( more effective than GH ), which hasnt been used by doctors to treat short stature. Stick to what we know works.

• +1
Reactions: Lethbridge