What can I do to fix my recessed chin

How tall are you and how much do you weigh

When you have skinny bones weight gain is less noticeable

If you are skinny then yeah surgery
he has an underbite and lack of chin. his jaw wont go forward through weight loss it will just look more defined.

Finally someone i mog :feelsautistic:

@ArvidGustavsson "muh .me is full of chads lol"

Bro i already went to a consult i kinda look like you but less recessed, good news the bimax protrusion can be fixed and you also get 10 mm of advancement, so dont sweat over it, just get the money.

• +1
Reactions: Warlow
Don't take these comments to heart, it will fuck you mentally if you do. Just save for surgery and leave this website is my advice

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and Deleted member 5634
If you have insurance you need to start Healthcare Maxxing asap and request a sleep study

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and Deleted member 5634
Lose some fat but you have a very retruded profile. You are an ideal candidate for near the max amount of advancement from Double jaw surgery.

I'm 5'10 and weigh about 150lbs

youre probably skinny fat. you need to hit the gym anyway. and yeah if youre 18 chewing like crazy and mewing could have some effect but it wont fix your underbite or magically grow you a jaw. if you wanna fix that you need surgery but defo get in shape first. itll take a while to save up anyway. also are you african or do you just have to wear that with your family?
Yes I'm African ...and how do I know I have an overbite

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273

Sorry I meant an overbite. I was just thinking idk how good/available surgery is in Africa
I live in The US

I live in The US
Oh right loolll yeah that’s much better. Do you have a problem with your teeth? Or just your actual jaw? Also if you wanna pm me clear photos of your face I won’t dox

Oh right loolll yeah that’s much better. Do you have a problem with your teeth? Or just your actual jaw? Also if you wanna pm me clear photos of your face I won’t dox
Yup Uhh My teeth other than being yellow seem straight im considering getting a consultation from from a dentist or an orthodontist about braces or invisalign mabye that could help me a little idk....but yeah I can pm. Pics it late I can get to u in the morning

Yup Uhh My teeth other than being yellow seem straight im considering getting a consultation from from a dentist or an orthodontist about braces or invisalign mabye that could help me a little idk....but yeah I can pm. Pics it late I can get to u in the morning
Yeah sure no problem bro whenever. Hmm it would kinda make sense if you’d already had braces and the ortho had brought your teeth in line while leaving the jaw recessed, but if you’re teeth are fine naturally I’m not sure. Tbh mate idk if orthodontics can help advance your jaw. They could make the situation worse and harder to resolve by a surgeon. Not saying it would just bear it in mind. If you can afford at least have a consult with a decent jaw surgeon so you know what the issue is and what needs to be done. How old are you btw?

double jaw is bimax???

and yeah op getting lower bodyfat will help but realistically you need bimax/possibly just mandible advancement. however, i think youd also need a chin implant/osteotomy becuase you dont actually have a chin by the looks of it, its not just a recessed mandible its also a non-existent chin

Yes it is... I meant to say double jaw + genio which is trimax

why do you need braces?

dw bro it can be fixed through surgery and you might be able to get covered by insurance say u have sleep apnea or something

Yeah sure no problem bro whenever. Hmm it would kinda make sense if you’d already had braces and the ortho had brought your teeth in line while leaving the jaw recessed, but if you’re teeth are fine naturally I’m not sure. Tbh mate idk if orthodontics can help advance your jaw. They could make the situation worse and harder to resolve by a surgeon. Not saying it would just bear it in mind. If you can afford at least have a consult with a decent jaw surgeon so you know what the issue is and what needs to be done. How old are you btw?

Mabye it could fix my jaw...and just get a better shape of teeth...I have straight teeth already
Braces can make ur jaws more recessed, it wont fix your jaw at all. If u have straight teeth already that money is better saved towards jaw surgery.

Or are the braces there to reduce the bimaxillary protrusion?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111
How would that wrk
coz people with chins that are very ressced usally have breathing problems or sleep apnea so you could get it and say it's for your health and then reap the asthetic benifits from it for cheaper if u have insurance but im guessing ur from america so idk how it completley works

This can be fixed by a maxillofacial (jaw) surgeon. They're either going to do the surgery on both parts of the jaw (aka double jaw surgery) or only one depending on the situation. If you have good insurance, it can pay for the surgery, otherwise it will cost you 5000$, its less expensive than plastic surgeries and the before and after pics are so much more impressive.
wait since when double jaw surgery costs 5k?what like i got a moderate recessed chin what surgery do i need?

IMG 9406