What causes a jaw to look sharp from the front?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Specifically to get that "V" shape from the front.

Is it a tall chin? A high gonial angle? A mixture of both?

• Love it
Reactions: justbentbro
flaring gonions

• +1
Reactions: ray, Deleted member 6128, NegativeNorwood and 2 others
Tall Chin PREVENTS the angular look
How? I feel like it'll stretch your skin out making it even more angular. Look at Pattinson, Cavill, etc. they have very good jawlines but because their gonial angles are so goddamn low+chins aren't that tall their jaws don't look that sharp from the front (Applies more so to Cavill than Pattinson, Pattinson obviously has a very sharp looking jaw but I feel like it could be sharper if his was higher, also Cavill has a short chin while Pattinson's is kinda tall so it compensates for it)

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron
How? I feel like it'll stretch your skin out making it even more angular. Look at Pattinson, Cavill, etc. they have very good jawlines but because their gonial angles are so goddamn low+chins aren't that tall their jaws don't look that sharp from the front (Applies more so to Cavill than Pattinson, Pattinson obviously has a very sharp looking jaw but I feel like it could be sharper if his was higher, also Cavill has a short chin while Pattinson's is kinda tall so it compensates for it)
Check this thread I made

In the majority of cases a tall chin means a high gonial angle and a downward grown mandible
Downward grown mandibles are less angular looking that forward grown mandibles because of how they stretch the soft tissue
It's not so much about the mass stretching the soft tissue as it is the direction in which it is being stretched when it comes to sharpness

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
Check this thread I made

In the majority of cases a tall chin means a high gonial angle and a downward grown mandible
Downward grown mandibles are less angular looking that forward grown mandibles because of how they stretch the soft tissue
It's not so much about the mass stretching the soft tissue as it is the direction in which it is being stretched when it comes to sharpness
My downward grown mouth breathing friend has the best lower third I've ever seen IRL so...

BRB reverse mewing

How tf do I tell if I have this shit cause I feel like mine are either "normal" or outwards, can you feel it with your fingers?
more like look tbh. there is a thread on botb about gonions.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766