What determines someone's confidence?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
I'd say:
- 40% genetic (sociopaths/narcissists for example are very confident, and this is mainly genetic. However this is distributed along a bell curve with those at the far right end being extremely confident but most having around average levels of it)
- 40% looks, due to positive feedback from others
- 20% things like meditating, playing sport, being extremely good at something like a music instrument, academics, art etc.

Keen to hear what you guys think, and if confidence can be changed to a significant extent or to just not bother with it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Boxingfan, Deleted member 8647, Need2Ascend and 1 other person
no I mean in their natural sober state

face

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, SOS-Sonic, Deleted member 10000 and 2 others
confidence is cope, autistic shy chad is cooming inside your oneitis RIGHT NOW

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11875 and mortis
if you have height and face, you will be confident

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Yerico7, Deleted member 761 and 1 other person
if you have height and face, you will be confident
even David gandy is quite shy irl
probs has something to do with the fact that he was fat as a kid and mightve been bullied for it

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Face height and success in career

even David gandy is quite shy irl
probs has something to do with the fact that he was fat as a kid and mightve been bullied for it
Some people are naturally shy or introverted

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
your confidence is level is determined by how youve been treated in life

Genetics is like 10% at most. We are almost purely a product of our environment. No dad almost guarantees low self esteem, for example.

why tf would u give a fuck lol

Mental state>Social status=look,money and race>dick size>height

• Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj
confidence is determined by past sucess.
if you were sucessful in the past, you will be confident that you will suceed again.

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena and Deleted member 9819
I really think it's similar to how you described, the thing is we can't change the genetic part, so the most important aspect besides genes, and which we do have control over, is basically looks

So it all comes down to Face and Height once again and as nearly always

Just to be clear, you rate mental status before looks?
Your mental state can be influenced by your looks/environment or just genetics but a fucked up mental state will stop you from being confident ( even if you are good looking, you can low inhib shy braincel )

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Your mental state can be influenced by your looks/environment or just genetics but a fucked up mental state will stop you from being confident ( even if you are good looking, you can low inhib shy braincel )
Yeah, but being low-inhib without the looks is delusional though.

Yeah, but being low-inhib without the looks is delusional though.
Not always, most thugs are ugly as fuck but they don't care about dangerous consequences , this makes the pussy wet. If you are really low inhib and high testosterone u get a lot of pussy ( like black guys, mexican cartels etc ) . If you are low inhibition and low testosterone like Indians, it's over lmfao, it's over. At that point, people laugh at you, not with you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
I have low appeal but I'm very confident as a result of past success and my parents making me think I was better than everyone, but my genes are definitely below average.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Environment. Period

Surround yourself with uglier/less successful people, watch your confidence rise in time

Surround yourself with better looking/more successful people, watch your confidence plumet in time

Genetics determines how your environment generally reacts to you

E.g: There was a study done that parents tend to give more attention to the child with the brightest skin color

Also, you can have the best genes in the world - but if your environment is shit (e.g bad parents) you will still grow up with shitty confidence. Hence women with "daddy issues"

Last edited:
  • +1
Confidence is your default state. Trauma can diminish your ability to express such state. Most people are carrying chronic trauma within them that prevents them from being who they truly are.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and SOS-Sonic
Confidence is your default state. Trauma can diminish your ability to express such state. Most people are carrying chronic trauma within them that prevents them from being who they truly are.
How does one go about releasing this trauma? I assume you are talking about subconcious ones.

I'd say:
- 40% genetic (sociopaths/narcissists for example are very confident, and this is mainly genetic. However this is distributed along a bell curve with those at the far right end being extremely confident but most having around average levels of it)
- 40% looks, due to positive feedback from others
- 20% things like meditating, playing sport, being extremely good at something like a music instrument, academics, art etc.

Keen to hear what you guys think, and if confidence can be changed to a significant extent or to just not bother with it
Confidence is determined by the memories of your successes and failures.

• +1
How does one go about releasing this trauma? I assume you are talking about subconcious ones.
Psychotherapy, meditation, TRE, psychedelics... are some methods people frequently use. TRE/Trauma Release Exercise is kind of interesting, recommend looking into it. You induce a specific kind of trembling with your body which releases all kinds of accumulated tension from the nervous system.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and SOS-Sonic