What do i need to know before joining a martial arts gym

D

Deleted member 16220

🥰
I cannot cope with not being able to fight

In the next week I need to at least join a martial arts gym

I am slightly embarrassed I don't know how to fight. Probably will get my ass beat too.

Who can give me some tips? Anything I need to know? Should i study some form or something before I go?

Id like to join a Muay Thai gym specifically.

• +1
Reactions: buckchadley31, edodalic29, Deleted member 26859 and 1 other person

I am slightly embarrassed I don't know how to fight. Probably will get my ass beat too.

Who can give me some tips? Anything I need to know? Should i study some form or something before I go?

is anything goes wrong use ur middle finger to poke ur adversary's eyes or to finger his ass will make him go run away screaming 'gay'

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29078
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
download this book, it teaches you how to train your flexibilty, flexibility training is very lacklustre in those gyms

Attachments

• Relax into Stretch Instant Flexibility Through Mastering Muscle Tension (Pavel Tsatsouline) (Z...pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 16220
i can do a split after 3 weeks of traininh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
and all my kicks are head height or above

• JFL
Whatever you do you need to join a serious and competitive group else your “training” will be practically useless in the real world.

• +1
Always use bandages on your hands. If your hands get cut, you wont be able to train at 100% for a while. Also, always keep your hands up when hitting the bag to build stamina, even when your hands get heavy, because later in sparing, you will notice that keeping your hands up will take away your endurance way faster than just punching.

Also, use the 16 oz gloves to hit the bag, that will build your speed and endurance faster than smaller gloves.

Last edited:
  • +1
@Jacob Hate whats so funny

• +1
Muay thai is great but go to thailand to actually do it is fairly cheap for about $200 a week accomodation included
With muay thai you should do wrestling or any other grappling to make yourself a well rounded fighter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27472 and Deleted member 16220
I dont train to fight on purpose so that the guy who eventually whoops my ass gets an ego trip and thinks he can catch bullets as well. I am basically murdering him

• JFL
download this book, it teaches you how to train your flexibilty, flexibility training is very lacklustre in those gyms

Skimmed through this. This mogs actually. 157 page book I won't read all of it but I skimmed through like 30 pages in a few minutes and I definitely need to increase flexibility. I probably can't kick for shit because im brutally inflexible.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
Muay thai is great but go to thailand to actually do it is fairly cheap for about $200 a week accomodation included
With muay thai you should do wrestling or any other grappling to make yourself a well rounded fighter

Wait i can pay $200 and learn muay thai in person? That's so fucking cheap. That's like $800 a month for housing too?

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel
arent u getting surgery? how u gonna fight then lol one hit to ur face and ur done.

just carry a weapon like me, fighting is a cope

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and Deleted member 16220
Always use bandages on your hands. If your hands get cut, you wont be able to train at 100% for a while. Also, always keep your hands up when hitting the bag to build stamina, even when your hands get heavy, because later in sparing, you will notice that keeping your hands up will take away your endurance way faster than just punching.

Also, use the 16 oz gloves to hit the bag, that will build your speed and endurance faster than smaller gloves.

I'm slightly nervous about entering a gym with zero training or experience. Should i feel differently? I am probably much bigger than the average guy in there but ill 100% get my ass beat and that's intimidating to me.

• +1
Reactions: Interested
arent u getting surgery? how u gonna fight then lol one hit to ur face and ur done.

just carry a weapon like me, fighting is a cope

Ill learn to fight THEN get surgery, THEN also carry a gun.

I just want to know how for my ego. A gun is super cope it's a pussy way out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167

nothing really. you shouldnt feel nervous at all or anything. Martial arts gyms are the best in term of brotherhood and kindness

I'm slightly nervous about entering a gym with zero training or experience. Should i feel differently? I am probably much bigger than the average guy in there but ill 100% get my ass beat and that's intimidating to me.
Chances are they won't let you spar for a while till your technique and stamina is higher. Even if they do, they won't immediately spar hard.

• +1
Chances are they won't let you spar for a while till your technique and stamina is higher. Even if they do, they won't immediately spar hard.

Do you have discord so I can DM you more personally about this? I really want to do this. I am half Thai so that's why I want to do Muay Thai but i also can't really cope with other men knowing how to fight and I can't.

Ill learn to fight THEN get surgery, THEN also carry a gun.

I just want to know how for my ego. A gun is super cope it's a pussy way out.
i carry a blade not a gun. i bring it with me even going to the supermarket and i'm always prepared to get attacked.

• JFL
i carry a blade not a gun. i bring it with me even going to the supermarket and i'm always prepared to get attacked.
autism for going to jail because of it. Carry strong flashlight with yourself

• JFL

Sure but I plan on knowing how to fight AND carrying weapons on hand. There's no logical reason not to know how to fight well with your hands and with weapons other than cowardice and fear of learning.

Do you have discord so I can DM you more personally about this? I really want to do this. I am half Thai so that's why I want to do Muay Thai but i also can't really cope with other men knowing how to fight and I can't.
you can dm me on here, I did boxing btw so there might be a few differences

• +1
Sure but I plan on knowing how to fight AND carrying weapons on hand. There's no logical reason not to know how to fight well with your hands and with weapons other than cowardice and fear of learning.
i always wanted to do boxing but im getting surgery soon and i won't be able to do it anyways i will just try to avoid fights...
i wont go to jail cuz i dont do anything that makes me get searched

but wdym about strong flashlight? to hit people with it or flash them in the eyes ?

I have done some kickboxing
You can watch some basics on jewtube
Body to body combat doesn't happen for beginners, it's just training movements and combos alone, in the bag or with partners
You will never get your ass kicked, you will hit a foot on the floor while warming up and break your finger like me
Yeah just don't go full power to show off, you will look like a retard because your technique is shit, just follow instructions and perfect technique with a bit of power

• JFL
learn martial arts from books then idk, im considering going to wrestling or capoeira gym im not scared at all the atmosphere is different to being a fat gut at a regular gym

• +1
learn martial arts from books then idk, im considering going to wrestling or capoeira gym im not scared at all the atmosphere is different to being a fat gut at a regular gym

Wait so the environment of martial arts noob is not the same as clown in the gym who's a fat ass you're saying

• +1
A gun is super cope it's a pussy way out.
It’s practical and not pussy at all. It’s a bad mindset to think being smart is being pussy. Look around and pussies never carry a gun.

But yeah learning to fight without a gun is superior to not doing so.

• +1
but wdym about strong flashlight? to hit people with it or flash them in the eyes ?
flash in the eyes then hit with fist or with flashlight(depends on flashlight) or run when opponent is flashed. I always carry one with myself in the evening

• +1
Reactions: LVZZO
I have done some kickboxing
You can watch some basics on jewtube
Body to body combat doesn't happen for beginners, it's just training movements and combos alone, in the bag or with partners
You will never get your ass kicked, you will hit a foot on the floor while warming up and break your finger like me
Yeah just don't go full power to show off, you will look like a retard because your technique is shit, just follow instructions and perfect technique with a bit of power

That's fine. I want to start slow. As long as I can eventually get it right I'm happy. I just don't want to literally get my ass beat in a fight I can't cope with that.

@Jacob Hate tbh i get kinda mad too thinking i cant fight. do you think i can still fight if i get a rhinoplasty and genioplasty?
flash in the eyes then hit with fist or with flashlight(depends on flashlight) or run when opponent is flashed. I always carry one with myself in the evening
lol sounds good strategy ur probably right its better than to carry a knife...

• +1
It’s practical and not pussy at all. It’s a bad mindset to think being smart is being pussy. Look around and pussies never carry a gun.

But yeah learning to fight without a gun is superior to not doing so.

I want to do BOTH. You don't understand imagine being found unarmed and you thought hand to hand combat was cope and you don't have your gun on you. Fuck that. Learn to fight with no weapons then learn to conceal carry a pistol as well. That's ideal in my opinion. Of course some fucking ninja carrying throwing stars can still take you out of course but this plan of learning to fight + carry a gun as well is mostly the ideal course of action.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and gribsufer1
Wait i can pay $200 and learn muay thai in person? That's so fucking cheap. That's like $800 a month for housing too?
yes I have done it for a month it was great and very infromative

• +1
  • Love it
Wait so the environment of martial arts noob is not the same as clown in the gym who's a fat ass you're saying
its like youre going there to learn nothing else, you have a strong physique too , it will be like installing a good software on your good hardware

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 16220
@Jacob Hate tbh i get kinda mad too thinking i cant fight. do you think i can still fight if i get a rhinoplasty and genioplasty?

lol sounds good strategy ur probably right its better than to carry a knife...
knife is too dangerous to carry around imo. still can save your life of course

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901, Deleted member 16220 and Yuno_howitez
yes I have done it for a month it was great and very infromative

Im so jealous bro please add me on discord I want to go to the same place you did then. I am half Thai so I would feel at home with people who look like me in Thailand. I would feel so grateful if you gave me some more information.

its like youre going there to learn nothing else, you have a strong physique too , it will be like installing a good software on your good hardware

This mogs. Im gonna do some stretches today I think. Ill have you give me some tips maybe. The book said there's a retarded way to stretch and a proper way to stretch.

• +1
knife is too dangerous to carry around imo. still can save your life of course
I carry it around cuz a few monthgs ago like 8 months ago a crackhead pulled out a knife on me for looking at him while he was talking to himself lmao I ran away now I carry one myself

I want to do BOTH. You don't understand imagine being found unarmed and you thought hand to hand combat was cope and you don't have your gun on you. Fuck that. Learn to fight with no weapons then learn to conceal carry a pistol as well. That's ideal in my opinion. Of course some fucking ninja carrying throwing stars can still take you out of course but this plan of learning to fight + carry a gun as well is mostly the ideal course of action.
go to muai thai for 1-2 years then wrestling/grappling/bjj. Wrestling-based shit is essential if you somehow get on the ground or against grappler. Wrestler always beats boxer in 1 v 1 fight

• Love it
  • +1
I carry it around cuz a few monthgs ago like 8 months ago a crackhead pulled out a knife on me for looking at him while he was talking to himself lmao I ran away now I carry one myself
so what would you do next time? go and try to kill him with the knife? pull it and start screaming shit?

ofc you need to run away

• JFL
This mogs. Im gonna do some stretches today I think. Ill have you give me some tips maybe. The book said there's a retarded way to stretch and a proper way to stretch.
yeah you should spend some time reading it, you need to follow the instructions quite precisely or youll just get fustrated feel free to dm me any more questions

• +1
go to muai thai for 1-2 years then wrestling/grappling/bjj. Wrestling-based shit is essential if you somehow get on the ground or against grappler. Wrestler always beats boxer in 1 v 1 fight

Do you think if I start martial arts at age 22 I'll be dangerous or extremely capable by what, age 30?

I mostly want to be more confident carrying myself around dickheads in society. A lot of disrespectful retards in the world and im naturally a agreeable nice guy but these people don't know what respect is. I need to protect myself and let people know I am not a potential victim.

so what would you do next time? go and try to kill him with the knife? pull it and start screaming shit?

ofc you need to run away
Idk but imagine if it's in a place i can't reliably run away then I'd pull out the knife and start slashing. Felt like a pussy running away and my knees felt weak too from fear.

• +1
yeah you should spend some time reading it, you need to follow the instructions quite precisely or youll just get fustrated feel free to dm me any more questions

Your DMS are closed. Send me one with your discord so we can DM on there. Need some tips I'll do it in a few hours for sure.

• +1
grappling is only useful in situatioms where its a 1v1 for sure like mma

• +1
Your DMS are closed. Send me one with your discord so we can DM on there. Need some tips I'll do it in a few hours for sure.
ok ill send u my disc

• +1
youre dms are closed i opened mine

• +1
Do you think if I start martial arts at age 22 I'll be dangerous or extremely capable by what, age 30?
A lot of it depends on talent, where you train, how hard you train and where. On average it takes around 4 years to be a competent fighter who can defend himself.

• +1

I mostly want to be more confident carrying myself around dickheads in society. A lot of disrespectful retards in the world and im naturally a agreeable nice guy but these people don't know what respect is. I need to protect myself and let people know I am not a potential victim.
You'll be better than 95% of population at like 27 maybe

Street fights are very unpredictable and your physical size and even training often means shit

• +1