What do i need to know before joining a martial arts gym

grappling is only useful in situatioms where its a 1v1 for sure like mma
or if you get grappled. without any experience you'll literally panic and die from football kick in the head :feelsokman:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
A lot of it depends on talent, where you train, how hard you train and where. On average it takes around 4 years to be a competent fighter who can defend himself.

I have enough time then. I spent years getting my physique up I think it's time to put some of that to use and learn to fight. Can't wait to be honest. I just hope I don't embarrass myself.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Interested
or if you get grappled. without any experience you'll literally panic and die from football kick in the head :feelsokman:
or you can kick someone in the head standing up

• JFL
grapplers are shitbat talking hits if youre a stiker you just have to keep your distance

I cannot cope with not being able to fight

In the next week I need to at least join a martial arts gym

I am slightly embarrassed I don't know how to fight. Probably will get my ass beat too.

Who can give me some tips? Anything I need to know? Should i study some form or something before I go?

Id like to join a Muay Thai gym specifically.
If ur somewhat athletic looking and go gym they aren't gonna judge you for being a beginner

If you were an uncapable twink or some shit at a gym with real niggas it'd be problematic, you're strong though.

• JFL
If ur somewhat athletic looking and go gym they aren't gonna judge you for being a beginner

If you were an uncapable twink or some shit at a gym with real niggas it'd be problematic, you're strong though.

Being twink+ showing up to a muay thai gym is extremely cage

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Lots of good info on this thread

Love how so many guys on here are into MMA, it’s a great way to learn self defence, good for fitness and to bond with other fit capable guys.

I’m planning to start Muay Thai soon also

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and Deleted member 16220
drop ur ego and accept getting beaten up by everyone, even manlets for the first year/6 months

• JFL
drop ur ego and accept getting beaten up by everyone, even manlets for the first year/6 months

That's fine cage so as long as im learning that's all that matters. I can drop my ego in order to be able to defend it later.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 26859
Being twink+ showing up to a muay thai gym is extremely cage
Where I'm at rn even though I don't look like twink I basically am

Gonna do mma when I finished my bulk and cut around college time innit

• +1
rolling around on the ground makes you a faggot. you will be trained to enjoy crotch and feet sweat stench. just find a bag and start punching. no need for all the other homosex

I’ve been boxing for around 3 years, I’d say it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made

• +1
I cannot cope with not being able to fight

In the next week I need to at least join a martial arts gym

I am slightly embarrassed I don't know how to fight. Probably will get my ass beat too.

Who can give me some tips? Anything I need to know? Should i study some form or something before I go?

Id like to join a Muay Thai gym specifically.
Get your cardio better so that you actually enjoy training.

• +1