What Does a "Hot" Guy *Actually* Look Like?

Tricky

Tricky

Resident Professor
Remember how there was that movement a few years back about Celebrities/Models using Photoshop, and how it was going to give young girls body image issues?

I think we (as Men) sorta fell for that

OK OK, I'll back up a bit.

We know that good lighting and Photoshop are common in the modeling industry. We also know that it's obviously not all editing tricks, and of course Male Models are way above the average in terms of looks. But somewhere along the line, I'm worried that our rating system, and our personal Looksmaxing journeys got corrupted with inaccurate standards.

Again, I'm not claiming some SJW bullshit with "you're perfect the way you are" crap. I'm just saying that we might be comparing ourselves to the appearance of people that don't actually exist.

An easy example is Sean O'Pry. Here's an Image of his Jaw looking insane

2ff71906a8372c65b784794fafef61a9.jpg

And now an unedited Instagram post with his Profile

His jaw looks good, but it's not insane like the first photo looked. That's due to lighting/Photoshop.

What do you guys think? Am I correct about inaccurate ratings, or is there no difference either way?

tl;dr Compare yourself to un-edited pictures of Models/Celebs for more accurate ratings
Forgot to tag the Chads @JustChris @Nibba @jefferson @Dude420

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and StuffedFrog
Not hot.

Max hamilton for JB.

For over 18 this
Received 464352727396601

Look how robust their skulls are and lower 3rd development. These 3 gigachads would clean up whole towns

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Remember how there was that movement a few years back about Celebrities/Models using Photoshop, and how it was going to give young girls body image issues?

I think we (as Men) sorta fell for that

OK OK, I'll back up a bit.

We know that good lighting and Photoshop are common in the modeling industry. We also know that it's obviously not all editing tricks, and of course Male Models are way above the average in terms of looks. But somewhere along the line, I'm worried that our rating system, and our personal Looksmaxing journeys got corrupted with inaccurate standards.

Again, I'm not claiming some SJW bullshit with "you're perfect the way you are" crap. I'm just saying that we might be comparing ourselves to the appearance of people that don't actually exist.

An easy example is Sean O'Pry. Here's an Image of his Jaw looking insane

2ff71906a8372c65b784794fafef61a9.jpg

And now an unedited Instagram post with his Profile

His jaw looks good, but it's not insane like the first photo looked. That's due to lighting/Photoshop.

What do you guys think? Am I correct about inaccurate ratings, or is there no difference either way?

tl;dr Compare yourself to un-edited pictures of Models/Celebs for more accurate ratings
Forgot to tag the Chads @JustChris @Nibba @jefferson @Dude420

You are correct.
Photoshoots are heavily photoshopped, especially when used for big companies.
Smoother skin, jawline correction, bigger zygos, eyecolor, lips, nose.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
Not hot.

Max hamilton for JB.

For over 18 thisView attachment 1272

Look how robust their skulls are and lower 3rd development. These 3 gigachads would clean up whole towns

And again, I'm not saying they look like shit in a non-edited pic, and are complete frauds. I'm just saying that if you're trying to use that as a comparison, you may be better off with a non-edited picture.

• +1
And again, I'm not saying they look like shit in a non-edited pic, and are complete frauds. I'm just saying that if you're trying to use that as a comparison, you may be better off with a non-edited picture.
last week i saw a chad who had this exact jaw development. I stared at him for 30 seconds even when he noticed. I can confirm that lower 3rds like this exist in 1/100 males.

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jeghar5barn and Deleted member 6401
Are you sure you want to admit that?
Yes. I look at males more often than females thanks to lookism. Literally fucked my life.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Jeghar5barn and Deleted member 6401
I know for me just raising the camera slightly above my head makes me look significantly better. I think just about anyone is gonna look better in a selfie then if they just took a screenshot from a video of themselves.

and of course, a professional photoshoot and photoshop takes that to a whole new level.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
Yes. I look at males more often than females thanks to lookism. Literally fucked my life.

It's not just Lookism. Lifters talk about being more ascetic than other men as a more important goal than getting girls.
*advanced lifters

• +1
I know for me just raising the camera slightly above my head makes me look significantly better. I think just about anyone is gonna look better in a selfie then if they just took a screenshot from a video of themselves.

and of course, a professional photoshoot and photoshop takes that to a whole new level.
Underrated maxx.

Photographymaxx can add 2 psl points to pictures of you

• +1
For sure the media(tv/internet/billboards/...) affect how we perceive our level of attractiveness, there is a disproportionate amount of good-looking people in the media which our brain automatically but falsely pick up as environmental cue to judge our SMV, depending on your mental predisposition if you consume a lot of them it can really affect you. This mainly explains why eating disorder such as anorexia and bulimia for females is spiking up in Western countries. It is also becoming apparent that for men, they are becoming more and more obsessed over bulking up. In both cases, it is about accentuating your sexual dimorphism to make yourself more attractive, which those dimorphic attributes are being exaggerated in the media.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1435625/
"Prevalence rates in Western countries for anorexia nervosa ranged from 0.1% to 5.7% in female subjects. Prevalence rates for bulimia nervosa ranged from 0% to 2.1% in males and from 0.3% to 7.3% in female subjects in Western countries. Prevalence rates in non-Western countries for bulimia nervosa ranged from 0.46% to 3.2% in female subjects. Studies of eating attitudes indicate abnormal eating attitudes in non-Western countries have been gradually increasing."

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and JustChris
For sure the media(tv/internet/billboards/...) affect how we perceive our level of attractiveness, there is a disproportionate amount of good-looking people in the media which our brain automatically but falsely pick up as environmental cue to judge our SMV, depending on your mental predisposition if you consume a lot of them it can really affect you. This mainly explains why eating disorder such as anorexia and bulimia for females is spiking up in Western countries. It is also becoming apparent that for men, they are becoming more and more obsessed over bulking up. In both cases, it is about accentuating your sexual dimorphism to make yourself more attractive, which those dimorphic attributes are being exaggerated in the media.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1435625/
"Prevalence rates in Western countries for anorexia nervosa ranged from 0.1% to 5.7% in female subjects. Prevalence rates for bulimia nervosa ranged from 0% to 2.1% in males and from 0.3% to 7.3% in female subjects in Western countries. Prevalence rates in non-Western countries for bulimia nervosa ranged from 0.46% to 3.2% in female subjects. Studies of eating attitudes indicate abnormal eating attitudes in non-Western countries have been gradually increasing."
This is legit.

• +1