What does it mean to have vertically tall zygos with low malar region?

Y

youfername

Iron
? I was told I have this but I don’t get it

Moon faced idk

it means it is over for you

are you asian

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
? I was told I have this but I don’t get it
Your orbit complex is likely rotated in a way that downturns your malar base even though they ar high set cheekbones. The zygomatic process of the frontal bone likely forces down the angle.

That's my theory

• +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit
Your orbit complex is likely rotated in a way that downturns your malar base even though they ar high set cheekbones. The zygomatic process of the frontal bone likely forces down the angle.

That's my theory
This is my eye and cheekbone

Attachments

• 42096B76-6D13-402A-87F8-FFA00B7C91F5.jpeg
    42096B76-6D13-402A-87F8-FFA00B7C91F5.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
  • JFL
Reactions: Limbo and onfiresems
Yeah, it looks like its rotated into a lower cant.
My own theory on rotation is palate expansion might aid in rotation but I could be wrong. High set cheek bones get ruined by downward rotation, here is a diagram (of my own Xray) of what I think is an optimal rotation in my own case (according to what I think the limits of movement are.) I dont think there are any skeletal procedures that address this issue sadly. Some maxillary expansion cases have had slight rotation of the area but it could be the exception or unseen factors.

I think that narrow palate development + lack of protractive forces restrict grown into a more droopy disposition (due to lack of support from the palate/maxilla.) I intend to experiment with MSE+FM to see if I can affect this position. The problem with radical MSE expansion is that it cant reconcile the stubbornness of the zyogmaticofrontal bone (outer eybrow strut thinggy.) So it can give a top heavy looking face when expanding the cheek bones.

Green would (loosely) represent the ideal new position if the forces were unrestricted by the stubborn frontal bone. Notice the shape and angle of the eyebrow struts, its as if its pushing the cheeks down among other things. It might be the limiting factor but more discussion is needed.

Attachments

• theory.jpg
    theory.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 21
  • +1
Reactions: youfername
Thank
Yeah, it looks like its rotated into a lower cant.
My own theory on rotation is palate expansion might aid in rotation but I could be wrong. High set cheek bones get ruined by downward rotation, here is a diagram (of my own Xray) of what I think is an optimal rotation in my own case (according to what I think the limits of movement are.) I dont think there are any skeletal procedures that address this issue sadly. Some maxillary expansion cases have had slight rotation of the area but it could be the exception or unseen factors.

I think that narrow palate development + lack of protractive forces restrict grown into a more droopy disposition (due to lack of support from the palate/maxilla.) I intend to experiment with MSE+FM to see if I can affect this position. The problem with radical MSE expansion is that it cant reconcile the stubbornness of the zyogmaticofrontal bone (outer eybrow strut thinggy.) So it can give a top heavy looking face when expanding the cheek bones.

Green would (loosely) represent the ideal new position if the forces were unrestricted by the stubborn frontal bone. Notice the shape and angle of the eyebrow struts, its as if its pushing the cheeks down among other things. It might be the limiting factor but more discussion is needed.
The area right beneath my eyes are the widest part of my face though, doesn’t that mean that they are high cheekbones? I think my cheekbones are slightly “flanged” not much but a little bit. I don’t think they are deficient, although I do have under eye bags which means my orbitals are not developed optimally.

Last edited:
Thank

The area right beneath my eyes are the widest part of my face though, doesn’t that mean that they are high cheekbones? I think my cheekbones are slightly “flanged” not much but a little bit. I don’t think they are deficient, although I do have under eye bags which means my orbitals are not developed optimally.
Wide zygos doesn't always mean good eye support, consider a negative orbital vector from a recessed maxilla

• +1
Reactions: Looks234 and youfername