What effect does DHT play in face and body development during and after puberty?

mecmec

mecmec

Iron
This is a follow up to my thread where I go over my situation with fin and Accutane, you don't need to read it if you don't want. https://looksmax.org/threads/my-der...ge-16-do-i-have-any-hope.391606/#post-6502162

When someone is in puberty what effect does DHT play in their development? I already know that it effects penis growth and body hair, I'm talking about bones. (height, jaw, cheekbones etc.)

Secondly what effect does DHT play on someone's development after puberty, specifically in their early 20s? I have read and seen that people's faces don't fully grow/mature until they're around 23-25. I've seen this happen in real life where someone looks very young when they graduate highschool, but then their faces mature in their early 20s. Is DHT required for this to happen? Does just plain and or free testosterone accomplish it?

I am wondering if I do have any facial or body development left (just turned 19), can it be gained while my DHT is low from finasteride? Of course I very well don't have any growth left, but if DHT plays a role I might consider staying a much lower fin dosage at the risk of some hair loss for the potential of growth. And if DHT plays no role in these things then I can stay at my current dosage without worry.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25245, Scarfaced, AscendingHero and 1 other person
i wanna know this too

darker, thicker and accelerated facial and body hair growth

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and AscendingHero
Dick gains

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
This is a follow up to my thread where I go over my situation with fin and Accutane, you don't need to read it if you don't want. https://looksmax.org/threads/my-der...ge-16-do-i-have-any-hope.391606/#post-6502162

When someone is in puberty what effect does DHT play in their development? I already know that it effects penis growth and body hair, I'm talking about bones. (height, jaw, cheekbones etc.)

Secondly what effect does DHT play on someone's development after puberty, specifically in their early 20s? I have read and seen that people's faces don't fully grow/mature until they're around 23-25. I've seen this happen in real life where someone looks very young when they graduate highschool, but then their faces mature in their early 20s. Is DHT required for this to happen? Does just plain and or free testosterone accomplish it?

I am wondering if I do have any facial or body development left (just turned 19), can it be gained while my DHT is low from finasteride? Of course I very well don't have any growth left, but if DHT plays a role I might consider staying a much lower fin dosage at the risk of some hair loss for the potential of growth. And if DHT plays no role in these things then I can stay at my current dosage without worry.
well, im not sure about from a scientific stand point or with research papers, but since i started injecting supraphysiological doses of test, my face has significantly become more dimorphic either from higher test or subsequent high dht conversion. i dont particularly think DHT is crucial for dimorphism, because if you look at the faces of some guys with micropenises (no 5-alphareductase enzyme to convert test to dht) some of them still have dimorphic faces. Androgens are important for height growth, and growth velocity.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and AscendingHero
Body hair and beard, that's it.

well, im not sure about from a scientific stand point or with research papers, but since i started injecting supraphysiological doses of test, my face has significantly become more dimorphic either from higher test or subsequent high dht conversion. i dont particularly think DHT is crucial for dimorphism, because if you look at the faces of some guys with micropenises (no 5-alphareductase enzyme to convert test to dht) some of them still have dimorphic faces. Androgens are important for height growth, and growth velocity.
probably the fat and water lose

@Henry_Gandy

DHT is basically a more potent version of T (5x times) that gives dimorphic gains (all your secondary sexual characteristics), apart from the muscle growth part where the effect is negligible

I'm pretty sure DHT and T and IGF-1 and other bone growth factors work together to masculinize your face, it also gets rid of the upper cheek fat (baby fat) you lose when you get older but girls still have (neonatal trait as it is found in children)

DHT alone increases height velocity as well, there are androgen receptors in the growth plate.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Beastchodecode, AscendingHero and mecmec
DHT is basically a more potent version of T (5x times) that gives dimorphic gains (all your secondary sexual characteristics), apart from the muscle growth part where the effect is negligible

I'm pretty sure DHT and T and IGF-1 and other bone growth factors work together to masculinize your face, it also gets rid of the upper cheek fat (baby fat) you lose when you get older but girls still have (neonatal trait as it is found in children)

DHT alone increases height velocity as well, there are androgen receptors in the growth plate.
22 and still have a lot of buccal fat and narrow round feminine bones. What's the solution?

• +1
Reactions: Slob
22 and still have a lot of buccal fat and narrow round feminine bones. What's the solution?
It's over....

I'm 17 and my use of DHT, AI and some HGH has effectively gotten rid of most of that buccal fat and my narrow bones. (try a cycle of trenbolone)

Mirin hard if you become a 6'7 normie after this

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: reptiles and AscendingHero
DHT helps assist the scalp in getting rid of inflammation.

It's over....

I'm 17 and my use of DHT, AI and some HGH has effectively gotten rid of most of that buccal fat and my narrow bones. (try a cycle of trenbolone)

Won't it completely shut down my endocrine system?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

Hypothetically, if I stopped taking fin right now at 19 is there a chance I'd get rid of the fat you're talking about and have my face be masculinized? I don't know if I would since my hair is so important.

This might be stupid, but if DHT is just a more potent version of T, then if I raised my T dramatically through steroids and natural methods, then used an appropriate dose of fin to keep DHT low enough to keep hair, couldn't I have the best of both worlds? With very high T levels compensating for low DHT levels? Also, would you recommend taking IGF-1, AI, or HGH in my situation? Or does it only help during puberty?

Last edited:

My advice for anyone is to not take fin until you are 25 but once you turn 25 to try it.

• +1
I wonder if these things are mostly genetic, and as long as you meet the threshold for DHT, T, etc. you can grow to your genetic potential. If that's the case, then the question for me is whether or not I met the threshold and grew as much as I could've anyways

• +1
Reactions: DrTony
After puberty, DHT will make you look like The Rock or Jason Statham. But probably less muscular and less good looking...

Much less... probably

• +1
Hypothetically, if I stopped taking fin right now at 19 is there a chance I'd get rid of the fat you're talking about and have my face be masculinized? I don't know if I would since my hair is so important.

This might be stupid, but if DHT is just a more potent version of T, then if I raised my T dramatically through steroids and natural methods, then used an appropriate dose of fin to keep DHT low enough to keep hair, couldn't I have the best of both worlds? With very high T levels compensating for low DHT levels? Also, would you recommend taking IGF-1, AI, or HGH in my situation? Or does it only help during puberty?
Its not more potent, they can bind to different receptor sites and the effects of dht are just different. Like dht has far greater affects on your mind like explosive aggression and also extreme calmness

• Hmm...
Reactions: mecmec
Its not more potent, they can bind to different receptor sites and the effects of dht are just different. Like dht has far greater affects on your mind like explosive aggression and also extreme calmness
But not an effect on bones in your opinion?

But not an effect on bones in your opinion?
Maybe long term u would see changes in the brow ridge and such. I used the gel on my throat and it worked pretty well for voice deepening but also will shutdown ur own production. I wouldn't use it more than 2 weeks continuously

the body's natural dht is very low compared to testosterone so putting it into ur bloodstream is going to skyrocket it

• +1
Reactions: mecmec
It's over....

How did DHT grow your facial bones?

Where did you apply it?

DId you use topically DHT gel, inject, supps, or use some type of precursor or what?

so you cycle it. Gotta do your research, it will help you escape inceldom
Elaborate on cycling it

Thoughts on IGF-1 DES?

Didn't know this, wow, very interesting, elab more bro

So how can we use this info to giga-ascend?

@Henry_Gandy how tall are you now bro?

It's over....

Any links for DHT, AI, and HGH you’re using? ty

It's over....

Also what specifically got rid of ur buccle fat and narrow bones, was it HGH or DHT? or a mix of both?