What exactly is this line?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I have seen this line that goes next to the lip on quite a few side profile pictures. What is it actually and what is the cause of it? At first I thought it was something related to jaw, but it doesn't seem like it is. I have seen it on people with forward growth as well as recessed people. On top of that I have also seen before and after of people who have had jaw surgeries or genio plasties or even chin implants and it's still there.

One realself post I saw in regards to this said "The reason why marionette line develops is because there exists a strong ligament (mandibular ligament) that prevents tissues from drooping farther down than the marnioette line, thereby forcing them to droop over the line, creating the marionette fold."

But idk if he is talking about this. Is Marionette fold the name?

Attachments

• DhRR6x5.png
    DhRR6x5.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: never_lucky, joeveniro and mecmec

@Ritalincel come back bro :(

• WTF
Reactions: Ritalincel
I have the same thing I think I hope getting to 12% bf will help it. I also just got CO2 laser and maybe that will help too. Although I don't think its a collagen/skin issue

I have the same thing I think I hope getting to 12% bf will help it. I also just got CO2 laser and maybe that will help too. Although I don't think its a collagen/skin issue
No idea

fat

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
2260723-82a0d16f-6260-43a3-9567-21b5d953ce08

XD

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
that's the beginning of jowls forming :hnghn:

But idk if he is talking about this. Is Marionette fold the name?
it is called Marionette lines.

they are treated with the filler.

They usually appear due to volume loss in the chin and the front jaw as you age. the easiest way to fix is to fill them.

But a "proper" way is to use filler to project the chin more, fille the front jawline, and fill the mentolabial fold.

~This thing is not the same as jowls, which are hanging cheeks on the jawline. Those are fixed with skin tightening/facelift.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787