what is the consensus on jaw implants (angle)?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
Today more and more plastic surgeons are performing this, even compared to like 2-3 years ago. Especially here in Sweden where I feel like the plastic surgery culture is very far behind compared to countries like America. We have just recently started seeing for example sliding genioplasty become a thing over here. Now you also find plastic surgeons who perform jaw angle implants, something that you wouldn't find even as far as a year ago, even made threads in the past on here talking about it.

This site in general, as well as other looksmaxing sites. Usually when talking about jaw implants, what is discussed is actually wraparound implant and not jaw angle implants on it's own. My question is basically... In what cases is it actually a good idea to get jaw angle implants on it's own and nothing else? And if this is a bad idea. Rather than getting chin implant + jaw angle implants or a wraparound. Is it a bad idea to get sliding genioplasty + jaw angle implants?

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and Marsiere214
You can do either or. Most people need a wraparound as their chin and mid mandible are also lacking.

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
You can do either or. Most people need a wraparound as their chin and mid mandible are also lacking.
Can you give an example of someone who could get by with only getting jaw angle implants?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension and Deleted member 5786
It might be becoming a little more common, but it is still rare compared to something like genioplasty, and especially something like chin implants.

I fixed my narrow mid mandible with a chin wing :feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Those implants tear away your bone.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Gaia262