What is the ideal chin projection for SMV (male)?

What is the ideal chin projection for men (in Frankfurt Plane)

• 3 mm or more behind lower lip

• 1-2 mm before lower lip

• In line with lower lip

• In line with upper lip

• Protruding past both lips

Results are only viewable after voting.
L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Confused on this one. I have medium sized lips for what its worth, and no bimaxillary protrusion.

I used to think it was in line with the lower lip, but I've been talking to a user privately who said his chin post-genio (his chin now goes past his lips) looks very good, and that he even had a girl tell him that his chin looks very manly.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18361 and Deleted member 19103
1cm behind the lower lip

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: squirrelcel, Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 18776 and 4 others
Confused on this one. I have medium sized lips for what its worth, and no bimaxillary protrusion.

I used to think it was in line with the lower lip, but I've been talking to a user privately who said his chin post-genio (his chin now goes past his lips) looks very good, and that he even had a girl tell him that his chin looks very manly.
318033FB 7F4F 4A99 B4AB 34F8B99C9176

This chin or over

• +1
Reactions: greywind, CursedOne and aga04
Look up the e-plane
I got a theory it should be behind the lips if you got big lips and should be past the lips if you have small lips
So, basically you should always have the e-plane line ahead of the lips but the distance between the line and lips should depend on lip size

• +1
Reactions: greywind, nuclearlooksmaxxer, sibience and 2 others
Look up the e-plane
I got a theory it should be behind the lips if you got big lips and should be past the lips if you have small lips
So, basically you should always have the e-plane line ahead of the lips but the distance between the line and lips should depend on lip size
can you rate my surgery plan?

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel
My chin is passed the lips but I have a recessed mandible. In Frankfurt plane the chin is probs 1mm - 2mm infront of the line.

Last edited:
Chin projection and forward mandible is life.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, datboijj, Slob and 1 other person
It should be in line with the lower lip which should be in line with the upper lip which should be past the browbone.

Look up the e-plane
can you elab about the e-plane?

Look up the e-plane
This

"In front of the lips" is retarded and inapplicable for blacks, ethnics and big lipped whites. If you're a pretty boy with the mandatory larger lips, equal or slightly behind the lips is ideal

• +1
Reactions: ErbCel
Look up the e-plane
Chin projection and forward mandible is life.
Can you post some examples of ideal chins from side profile?

@forevergymcelling what do you think? you've got a pretty good eye for this kind of stuff

In line with you lips or protruding past them ever so slightly is ideal

• +1
Reactions: Slob and lilhorizontal32
In line with you lips or protruding past them ever so slightly is ideal
when you say lips do you mean upper lip, as it is usually ahead of the lower lip?

and can you post an example?

can you elab about the e-plane?

Can you post some examples of ideal chins from side profile?
Hmm, I couldn't tell you what makes a good chin in the side profile, there is a lot of variation in what can be considered ideal. However, for example O'Pry has a better chin in side profile view than Barrett

Just to add that a chin in line or that aesthetically protrude past the lower lip is a very rare trait. Chin projection depend on several aspects and overly projection usually is not aesthetically ideal.
Usually people who have their mandibles projected and their maxillas flat usually have overly projected chin's

A person with well developed maxilla and mandible in proportion will have their chin sitting behind their lips by few mm's

I will only use whites, because blacks and ethnics will fall under the cathegory of having bigger lips and protusion, they usually wont fit E plane properly

Almost 99% of people have their chin few mm's behind under lips, the most important aspect is that it should be in line with the E plane to be aesthetic in side profile. Also, angles can deviate from chin projection in regards to the lower lips, E plane can give you a better notion at any head tilt.
All of them have their chin behind their lips slightly and perfectly fit the ideal E plane example
2887513 Screenshot 20220515 205519 YouTube   Copia
1448318 20190425 023145
Shan
2426353 afe79ad38ebb52a42b19c270fea95d23  knight ian somerholder
Asdasdasdsa
Asdasdasdada
2877463 B436E13B C035 4111 A6E4 373068D7CC27
03ccf2b000ac9d3081c8a4589e7313cc
1992049 2A33D90E 49DB 4E14 988C 8A5EF3EF685A
WhatsApp Image 2022 06 09 at 105149   Copia
Ee0e70b2ae91f7209f3a78247986e280  disney princes disney cruiseplan

Elias de Poot Esquire Spain Alfonso Ohnur 01 620x896

Now take a look at George Clooney chin projection:

Not only his mandible is super projected but his chin is very projected also
It's in line/ protude slightly not only his lower lips but his upper lips and it doesnt fit the E plane. I personally think doesnt look bad but his side profile is not considered ideal. Also, his upper lip is behind is lower lip, which means that his maxilla projection doesnt follow his mandible projection(It doesnt mean his maxilla is recessed, only that his mandible is overprojected). It also suggests that he's probably even have a slightly underbite. Dolph Lundgreen follow the same pattern.

Clooney

Now look at Brad piit and this guy:

Their side profiles arent bad at all imo, but they also dont fit the E plane(by a very slightly and almost negligible margin), it means that their mandible havent followed their maxilla projection ideally,
Bp
Sem ttulo

Now look at these transformations and how pleasant they became now by fitting the E plane

Sem asdasdas   Copia

Giving that, I think that having a chin that literally is in line with lower lip aesthetically is very rare because when chin usually projects that way it means that something is wrong with the maxilla.

The ideal is that your chin sits 1-2mm before lower lip or to be in line with it if your maxilla follow it. A chin that protrudes the lowerlip will almost always look non ideal

One of the few outlers that i have saw that have a very projected chin that's in line with lower lip and fit E plane is Jared Leto
besides his eye area, he has probably one of the best side profiles to date
His side profile is probably one in hundred thousands

Attachments

• Sem título - Copia.png
    Sem título - Copia.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2887513_Screenshot_20220515-205519_YouTube.jpg
    2887513_Screenshot_20220515-205519_YouTube.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Sem asdasdas.png
    Sem asdasdas.png
    649.3 KB · Views: 0