What is the meaning of haplogroups?

owlofathena

owlofathena

Forum Veteran
Haplogroup r1b is the most common haplogroup in western Europe then you have haplogroup r1a which is most common in Eastern Europe and Balkans. Southern Europe mainly Spain and Italy both most common r1b. Then southern like Greece I think has either r1b or r1a. Does this mean that people in western Europe are more closely related? I read that Africa is the continent with the most genetic diversity. Japan might be the most hergenomious it could explain their xenophobia although I also read that Japanese are actually the most genetically similar to Koreans. I also read that Europeans are a mixture of western hunter gathers, eastern hunter gathers and early European farmers. Apparently Sardinia an island that belongs to Italy has the most early European farmer lineage in Europe. If you have the same haplogroup does that mean your more closely related? I also read that all Europeans have some neanderthal DNA and east Asians have it as well. Africans have almost zero I think at least the majority of Africa population has zero. DISCUSS.

I also didn't list the other haplogroups just the most common but there is other ones quite a lot I think. Haplogroup r1b and r1a are most common and these are associated with the spread of Indo European languages which is apparently from the pontic steppe region. Basque language is not an Indo European language.

@Mister Fuwy bump

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena

Greece is black