What kind of diet should I be on while bulking to minimise facial bloat?

B

Broski

Zephir
I have been bulking for 9 months and gained about 25lbs and have stayed lean )obviously gained a little fat but still clearly visible abs. However my face has become bloated, I know this as I went into a deficit for a week and noticed my face (cheeks) are a lot leaner as I lost about 5lbs of what I assume is water weight.

How can I bulk while minimising bloating at the same time? I burn a lot of calories (require at least 3500 for maintenance due to high cardio job).

Minimize Carbohydrates and Sodium. Both of these contribute to facial bloating. The last week I've been doing Keto since my last post as I need to lower my bodyfat before I stick silicone implants in my face...and My cheek bones and jaw has been more pronounced. PM if you want a pic.

• +1
Reactions: Broski
Minimize Carbohydrates and Sodium. Both of these contribute to facial bloating. The last week I've been doing Keto since my last post as I need to lower my bodyfat before I stick silicone implants in my face...and My cheek bones and jaw has been more pronounced. PM if you want a pic.
Is dairy bad for bulking in terms of bloating?

Count your calories and just bulk on a minimal caloric surplus (200-250 above mainteanance)

Count your calories and just bulk on a minimal caloric surplus (200-250 above mainteanance)
I am but it's like 4000 for me (0.5kg per month) but my face gets puffy and due to work and study I can only get that through salty/sugary foods

If your face gets piuffy you overdid it . Your body fat might have been to high when you started bulking. How long have you been bulking?

If your face gets piuffy you overdid it . Your body fat might have been to high when you started bulking. How long have you been bulking?
9 months ago I was around 130 when I started at 5'10

Attachments

• PXL_20211117_072137725.MP~3.jpg
    PXL_20211117_072137725.MP~3.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 0
Currently I'm 150-155 wanting to get to 160 debloated (so like 165 bulked with excess water etc)

take potassium tartrate mix one teaspoon with a cup of water

I'm running an experiment rn where I'm bulking on extremely high protein (2 gs protein/lb), moderate carbs, and low fat (50 gs/day).

Protein is theoretically impossible to store as bodyfat (due to conversion energy costs), and there's been multiple studies showing that when people add 500-800 calories to their diet of pure protein, they don't gain any bodyfat and many times even lose bodyfat even with the higher calories.

Google "protein overfeeding" for the studies. There's also a phenomenon called "rabbit starvation" where people who eat purely rabbit meat (extremely low fat high protein) actually die of starvation even when eating tons of rabbit due to the body's inability to store protein as fat

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
I have been bulking for 9 months and gained about 25lbs and have stayed lean )obviously gained a little fat but still clearly visible abs. However my face has become bloated, I know this as I went into a deficit for a week and noticed my face (cheeks) are a lot leaner as I lost about 5lbs of what I assume is water weight.

How can I bulk while minimising bloating at the same time? I burn a lot of calories (require at least 3500 for maintenance due to high cardio job).
Bump

Ive cut to 147 since then ans my face is not bloated anymore, I would like to bulk to 170 then cut to 160/165

Low salt and sugar and drink a lot of water before and after eating

• +1
Reactions: Broski