What kind of eyes do you need to have to be a candidate for orbital decompression?

khvirgin

khvirgin

Kracker
I'm clueless about eye surgeries, most of the results I get from google are bulgy eyes, some even have greaves disease, my question is If you dont have bulgy eyes, with upper eyelid exposure and scleral show you won't benefit from this right?
In case of average eyes the only way to improve is fillers/implants and/or lower eyelid retraction?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, thecel, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Bump

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Patients who benefit from orbital decompression have bulging eyes, which can be diagnosed (with a slit lamp exam or with a CT/MRI scan by looking at the position of the eyeball relative to the eye socket). You can get OD if you have at least a small amount of eyeball protrusion. If you don't (which means that your eyes are deep set), you won't need it. Get an appointment with an oculoplastic surgeon just to make sure. If you don't have protruding eyes, then the issue is somewhere else.

Using this line of reference will help you. If your eyes protrude, it's either because of infra orbital deficiency, or because your eyes simply protrude out of the sockets.
Cosmetic decompression chart 1