What should I have done in this situation?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
I was at a party talking to a girl that liked me and had a pretty big crush on me (it was pretty obvious by that point). I wasn't making great conversation though tbh because I was incredibly nervous, but she was doing her best to accommodate for my lack of NTness :feelshah:

however, the girl that I was talking to was quite attractive and sooner or later more and more guys would try to join our conversation, and stand either next to me, her, or in between us and hope to join

I let anyone and everyone join in because I didn't wanna seem like I was insecure and mate guarding :soy::soy: but eventually a guy came along who NTmogged me and steered the conversation away from what I wanted, and our dynamic sorta got worse from that point on ngl

looking back I'm not too sure what the best option would've been: should I have just ignored him? let him in and keep the conversation going?

and mind you all of these guys are friendly acquaintances at best, and this one guy in particular definitely didn't want to be my friend as I saw him at another party and we said hi to each other, shook hands, and he excused himself quite quickly to go talk to someone else before we could have a proper conversation jfl

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 4614, AscendingHero and 1 other person
sounds like it was over before it started

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: spark, fjor2096, marin and 3 others
You should asked her to go somewhere else

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and GymCelNeckPill
retard alert 🚨

There's no easy fix there. You just got your girl stolen basically, you lack the social skills to do anything about it. Not a simple fix just get better with girls and people

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, lilhorizontal32, GymCelNeckPill and 1 other person
I was at a party talking to a girl that liked me and had a pretty big crush on me (it was pretty obvious by that point). I wasn't making great conversation though tbh because I was incredibly nervous, but she was doing her best to accommodate for my lack of NTness :feelshah:

however, the girl that I was talking to was quite attractive and sooner or later more and more guys would try to join our conversation, and stand either next to me, her, or in between us and hope to join

I let anyone and everyone join in because I didn't wanna seem like I was insecure and mate guarding :soy::soy: but eventually a guy came along who NTmogged me and steered the conversation away from what I wanted, and our dynamic sorta got worse from that point on ngl

looking back I'm not too sure what the best option would've been: should I have just ignored him? let him in and keep the conversation going?

and mind you all of these guys are friendly acquaintances at best, and this one guy in particular definitely didn't want to be my friend as I saw him at another party and we said hi to each other, shook hands, and he excused himself quite quickly to go talk to someone else before we could have a proper conversation jfl

Guys pull that mess especially if they consider themselves better looking than the guy already talking to the girl. It's probably best to stay and keep talking to see if she is just going to focus on the other guy and if so you are probably screwed that night anyway. If the guy is the same looks level stand your ground and he may leave eventually.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614 and lilhorizontal32
There's no easy fix there. You just got your girl stolen basically, you lack the social skills to do anything about it. Not a simple fix just get better with girls and people
I think this is the truth tbh

and I don't really lack social skills, just appear non-NT as I have quite bad social anxiety. I'm fine when I'm drunk however

Mate guarding being insecure is a feminist gaslight concept. If you are successfully territorial of girls, they find that extremely attractive and get wet. If you let a random guy walk up to your girl and have a conversation in front of you, she will lose all attraction to you because it's a blatant display of your weakness and inferiority

• +1
Reactions: marin, AscendingHero and lilhorizontal32
Another brutal NTpill. be nt or it’s over. Nt is worth 2-3 psl tbh

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 15698
Guys pull that mess especially if they consider themselves better looking than the guy already talking to the girl. It's probably best to stay and keep talking to see if she is just going to focus on the other guy and if so you are probably screwed that night anyway. If the guy is the same looks level stand your ground and he may leave eventually.
pretty sure it was me who let him into the conversation and it was because I started sensing a bit of tension and just gave in. will definitely stand my ground next time

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
I think this is the truth tbh

and I don't really lack social skills, just appear non-NT as I have quite bad social anxiety. I'm fine when I'm drunk however
Social skills go deep. It's not just about not being awkward, and being agreeable so that people tolerate you. It's also about how to optimally deal with situations like this so that you scare off competition without looking bad. And about closing with dates

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Unmoggablegingercel and lilhorizontal32
Mate guarding being insecure is a feminist gaslight concept. If you are successfully territorial of girls, they find that extremely attractive and get wet. If you let a random guy walk up to your girl and have a conversation in front of you, she will lose all attraction to you because it's a blatant display of your weakness and inferiority
this is literally exactly the conclusion I came to. one of my good friends started acting a bit distant after I talked to his gf at a party, and even though I had no bad intentions I think he realised that I mogged him in a few ways and it best that I don't talk to her too much

tbh when I talk to my friends' gfs I just jestermaxx and talk up my friends, but at the same time it can accidentally create attraction, especially as she can trust me because I am her bf's friend after all

• +1
Reactions: marin and Deleted member 15698
Social skills go deep. It's not just about not being awkward, and being agreeable so that people tolerate you. It's also about how to optimally deal with situations like this so that you scare off competition without looking bad. And about closing with dates
tbh if I was drunk I would've seamlessly integrated him into the convesation and just NTmogged him so that he felt left out. its because I was sober I need to make the "correct" move

but appreciate your advice though :feelshmm:

this is literally exactly the conclusion I came to. one of my good friends started acting a bit distant after I talked to his gf at a party, and even though I had no bad intentions I think he realised that I mogged him in a few ways and it best that I don't talk to her too much

tbh when I talk to my friends' gfs I just jestermaxx and talk up my friends, but at the same time it can accidentally create attraction, especially as she can trust me because I am her bf's friend after all
You seem like someone capable of learning from experience, which indicates you have a good chance of making it

Your friend was upset because you misunderstood the unspoken social rules. You never talk to a guy's girl, unless he initiates the conversation. You broke a serious social rule because you don't know about it

The guy who did that to you probably did know about it and was undermining you. The girl knew too, all girls know the social rules

• +1
Reactions: marin, AscendingHero and lilhorizontal32
next time try to cut his conservation even if he trys to continue do it again and while doing that try to make humiliating smile and say things like "Ohh" "Reallly?" "Wow soo cool" ...but don't make it too blatant. dont be scared to see him as enemy

Your friend was upset because you misunderstood the unspoken social rules. You never talk to a guy's girl, unless he initiates the conversation. You broke a serious social rule because you don't know about it
ngl didnt really know this one. but he did kind of introduce me to her.

iirc we got into an uber together (they were going somewhere different) and I was telling her a story that only me and her could relate to (bad move in hindsight, but was just trying to make myself acquainted with her as we met then) and wasn't flirting at all really, she was pretty interested and I could tell, but in the same way that good friends are interested in what each other has to say, and then my friend kinda cut it off and steered the conversation elsewhere

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
ngl didnt really know this one. but he did kind of introduce me to her.

iirc we got into an uber together (they were going somewhere different) and I was telling her a story that only me and her could relate to (bad move in hindsight, but was just trying to make myself acquainted with her as we met then) and wasn't flirting at all really, she was pretty interested and I could tell, but in the same way that good friends are interested in what each other has to say, and then my friend kinda cut it off and steered the conversation elsewhere
Yeah you fucked up, I kinda cringed reading that. No big deal though now you know

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4614, marin, AscendingHero and 1 other person
next time try to cut his conservation even if he trys to continue do it again and while doing that try to make humiliating smile and say things like "Ohh" "Reallly?" "Wow soo cool" ...but don't make it too blatant. dont be scared to see him as enemy
wouldn't that make me seem insecure and like I'm trying too hard?

For reference, here's what I'd do in that situation

I'd cut the guy off mid sentence and say "What was your name?"... "It was good to meet you name ." Then gently move him aside, turn my shoulders back to my girl and continue the conversation

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and lilhorizontal32
This is passive aggressive and cringe, women will not like this

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

sounds like it was over before it started
this but OP the most important thing to is continue to looksmaxx+size/physique maxx to attract and warn off other males. take things like cabergoline for more low inhib.

Fixing ur social skills is another big thing, wont happen overnight.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 15698
^^^^Fucking this, another high iq user, welcome to the tribe brudda.
Arnold and black guy handshake face off two legendary gif

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15698