What type of surgery would correct both a vertically short chin and a mandible that is a tad bit too small in horizantal length?

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
I unfortunately found out after remeasuring that I do have sort of a short mandible (it's 10 cm but I want to add 5-8 cm of length) + a short chin (it's 2.0 inches tall but I want to add half an inch of height). what the title says! So much for softmaxxing. . . . . :/

bsso + chin implant

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 3202
bsso + chin implant
I heard people talk about a bsso before but I don't remember what it is. And is there another option for the chin besides implants?

I heard people talk about a bsso before but I don't remember what it is. And is there another option for the chin besides implants?
mandible surgery it is.

and for the chin then chin wing

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
How much would the total cost be?
If you're recessed but have a good bite you'll need a bimax with a sliding genioplasty for chin length and projection

Or you can just get custom implants

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 3043
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
If your recessed but have a good bite you'll need a bimax with a sliding genioplasty for chin length and projection

I have a slight overbite with kind of rabbit like teeth. And the difficult thing is that I have kind of neutral projection, so I don't know if 5-8 cm is a bit too much to add to the mandible.
it is what it is
I hope they lower it in the future. :(

• +1
I have a slight overbite with kind of rabbit like teeth. And the difficult thing is that I have kind of neutral projection, so I don't know if 5-8 cm is a bit too much to add to the mandible.
it's too much unless a subhuman recession

I could mouthbreathe to give myself recession.
If you're recessed but have a good bite you'll need a bimax with a sliding genioplasty for chin length and projection

How much would this cost? and you mean vertical length correct?
Couldn't you just take a medical loan?
Wait a minute, I maybe could add 1-2 cm of length (maybe) to my chin to make it positively projected! But I have a cleft chin so I don't know how much it'll mess it up.

Last edited:
  • JFL
It's MM not CM...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202