• Gym

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Both

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
ascension!

ascension!

The next Chadlite™
So I got both, I have the opportunity to do either or even both (I have calisthenics equipment and a gym in the corner from my house). Taking into account aesthetics, health and my growth (I'm going through puberty) what would be the best way to build a V-taper look body?

Progressive overload on compound movements in a medium rep range with adequate volume and frequency whilst eating a low calorie surplus with adequate protien and consistency.

This will make you jacked. Get a 225 for reps incline bench, 185 shoulder press for reps, 100lb+ weighted chin ups. You will not be small. You will be aesthetic.

Also isolation movements. Curls, Pushdowns, shrugs, side and rear delt movements. Practice them in a higher rep range and apply progressive overload.

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
Calisthenics is good also. But weights with a calorie surplus will build a V shape faster.

• +1
Reactions: ascension!
Weights but its best to avoid squats and dead lifts at that age. Use leg presses instead of squats.

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy and ascension!
high volume calisthenics but work out your biceps with dumbbells.

But why do you claim it's better than weights?
for aesthetics it's better cuz it's safer and it's all compound movements.
Your core gets engaged in push ups pull ups and bodyweight squats
doing that + some ab work gets you nice and shredded.

also the grip strength you get from pull ups are superior to any kind of movement in the gym

for aesthetics it's better cuz it's safer and it's all compound movements.
Your core gets engaged in push ups pull ups and bodyweight squats
doing that + some ab work gets you nice and shredded.

also the grip strength you get from pull ups are superior to any kind of movement in the gym
Weights also train core. Weights make progressive overload easier.

Weights also train core. Weights make progressive overload easier.
who tf cares about easier? if you looksmax and you not ready to suffer you can log tf out

who tf cares about easier? if you looksmax and you not ready to suffer you can log tf out
So basically you don't have any convincing arguments why bodyweight exercises are better

So basically you don't have any convincing arguments why bodyweight exercises are better
lol i just recommended him what to do. Idgaf what he does or what u think

i voted "both" in the poll btw bcuz i do calisthenics + hit the gym

if you want armor-plated pecs and steel triceps you gotta do push ups bro, it's just how things work