What would you do if you were caught/ FOUND OUT that doing compensatory behavior was for the sake of insecurity?

Deleted member 1242

Deleted member 1242

Iron
How would you respond?
And I am talking about anything from showing superiority, to improving looks, etc.

Me? I'd just pretend it was done for an ideology that wasn't insecure. If I was found out I was insecure I'd say that insecurity is good, and if you're confident with inferiorities then that laidback soy behavior is what is killing the west.

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
i would probably just lie over and over about it, and pretend to not care about it and be confident.... if i dont come across as insecure about it then theyll just change their mind/think they're wrong

Keep projecting

Being aware of it the insecurity would be my first step. As being aware of how I’ve deluded myself for so long.

Then theorizing the root of the problem and if I can cure myself of it and how.

Coming up with practical exercises that will potentially fix the problem and then committing to them.

Any other practices of self-improvement would only mask my problems and further deluded myself, which will, in the long term, restrict restrict me from achieving my current potential.

i would probably just lie over and over about it, and pretend to not care about it and be confident.... if i dont come across as insecure about it then theyll just change their mind/think they're wrong
what if they're persistent?

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
Nothing. I used to be confronted about it by close friends but I am already self aware so now everyone knows most things I do is deliberately to become who I want to be

well no one knows who i am so who cares

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
Nothing. I used to be confronted about it by close friends but I am already self aware so now everyone knows most things I do is deliberately to become who I want to be
how would they confront you about it? this is slightly interesting.
In my opinion there are several stages to succeeding with insecurity .

preemptive prevention
when suspected of
when confronted
when found out
salvaging favor
carrying influence after minimizing infamy
afterward influence/ social engineering (forgetfulness, sabotage, virtue signalling), and minimizing suspicion after being busted
rinse and repeat.

the battle of hot and cold.

Last edited: