Whats the best martial art for a 1v1 street fight?

get a fucking gun if you're concerned about your own safety

if not a grappling martial arts like BJJ is going to be the way to go, although there are concerns about there being heroin needles and whatnot on the street and so rolling on the ground irks some people.

muay thai is a popular striking martial arts.

and also, rarely are fights 1v1, what scenario do you have envisioned in your head?
MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, Kickboxing, boxing
1v1 wrestling easily, followed by BJJ. But for actual realistic scenarios that are bound to involve more than you and another guy, boxing or muay thai.

BJJ in a street fight is a really bad idea. Ypu should only use it to find exits to stand up when someone takes you down

BJJ in a street fight is a really bad idea. Ypu should only use it to find exits to stand up when someone takes you down
I disagree from experience. For 1v1 situations its excellent. But in real street fights that involve the potential of lots of people, its a waste obv

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
I disagree from experience. For 1v1 situations its excellent. But in real street fights that involve the potential of lots of people, its a waste obv

Yeah that's what I mean. In 1v1 situation on a flat surface with no outside interference it's good but most street fights aren't like that.

It's very easy to get ambushed by other people while on your back looking for an armbar or a choke.

• +1
Reactions: sensen
I've trained and fought in MMA for 3 years, I quit recently (had 4-0 record, all amateur fights, but was sparring with belt holding pros and never lost a round, sounds narcy as fuck, but if I stuck with it I'd probably get a contract with One or UFC, I'm only quitting cause I've fallen out of love with it).
Out of all "legal" forms of martial arts, probably BJJ, biting and scratching is nothing when you have adrenaline pumpiong through your veins, plus it's the most disciplinary and highly skilled that I've trained as well as the fact that a 100lbs woman with a blue belt (the second rank, usually attained after 2-3 years, 500+ hours) will win in a grappling match against an untrained 200lbs jacked dude.
In saying that, krav maga (highly illegal in proper mma, literally teaches you how to kill) mogs, I've done a little bit with an ex officer (infantry and artillery) and that shit is full on. I'm taller and much stronger as well as obliviously a trained fighter, and he would ruin me, literally, 1 min with him would take me to PSL 3, no surgery could fix the shit he showed me.
You can do self defence classes that touch on it, I was lucky cause my sister knew the guy (yikes!), and he knew what I wanted to do atthe time so it was just a cool thing to do.
If not, hit up BJJ and taekwondo.

Combat sambo is the most complete single discipline. It has striking, wrestling and ground game

Fedor
Khabib

Enough said
forgot to mention this^
never tried it but will for sure

It's not the martial art a man does, it's the man who does the martial art.

Boxing ahead of wrestling
Nope, wrestlers are stronger and built like body builders and beat the living dogshit out of wiry boxers, boxing is a good tool but comes after wrestling tbh

a solid wrestler would basically tear prime tyson a new asshole very fast

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Nope, wrestlers are stronger and built like body builders and beat the living dogshit out of wiry boxers, boxing is a good tool but comes after wrestling tbh

Dude that boxers body work was fucking beautiful before getting decimated.

0:25 is why I'm not a big fan of grappling in street fights. Also how do you deal with multiple attackers.

Just pull out a Magnum and you instantly win, no need to pull the trigger.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punch-mogged to oblivion"

A knife

• +1
Reactions: ShineBright
shooting

• +1
Reactions: ShineBright
Skip the gay lessons and weights, just bring a gun

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back