What’s the best removal for atrophic scarring on the face?

AySab

AySab

Bronze
I’m thinking of undergoing CO2 Laser but before I do, are there any better alternatives?

Subscision with cupping. imo

I have every kind except for hte last 2
Screenshot 2024 02 29 at 124658AM
. And generally the solution is Subscision (with proper after-treatment protocol) and follow that up with phenol peel.

• +1
Reactions: AySab
Subscision with cupping. imo

I have every kind except for hte last 2View attachment 2774848. And generally the solution is Subscision (with proper after-treatment protocol) and follow that up with phenol peel.
by cupping do you mean the thing where it raises skin? Also any alternatives for phenol peel? (I have school and don’t want to go out looking like a rotting corpse)

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
by cupping do you mean the thing where it raises skin? Also any alternatives for phenol peel? (I have school and don’t want to go out looking like a rotting corpse)
Yes. Alternatives to phenol are many peels of lesser strength. You can try them but of course know that the improvements will be of lesser magnitude. Perhaps multiple sessions over the year could give a similar result to one phenol peel of mild to moderate strength.
also im guessing I have to make an appointment with a cosmetic surgeon for subscision?
Im not sure about the qualifications of the people who do it. But just make sure that you do it with someone who only does it in small areas. When you do it aggressively over a large area of the cheek it can result in damage to the skins ligaments which then leads to saggy skin. I would only do it for small areas and maybe one scar at a time.

• +1
Reactions: Father47 and AySab
Yes. Alternatives to phenol are many peels of lesser strength. You can try them but of course know that the improvements will be of lesser magnitude. Perhaps multiple sessions over the year could give a similar result to one phenol peel of mild to moderate strength.

Im not sure about the qualifications of the people who do it. But just make sure that you do it with someone who only does it in small areas. When you do it aggressively over a large area of the cheek it can result in damage to the skins ligaments which then leads to saggy skin. I would only do it for small areas and maybe one scar at a time.
Alright, good to know, thanks bro.

I’m thinking of undergoing CO2 Laser but before I do, are there any better alternatives?
i did co2 laser + prp and microneedling, laser seems to be most effective to me imo

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Father47 and AySab
how much sessions? and how much did it cost?
2 sess it costed me 350 for 5 sess, waiting for the next 3 sessions the interval is once per month. 90% clear already the other 10% is some pigmentation

• +1
Reactions: AySab
2 sess it costed me 350 for 5 sess, waiting for the next 3 sessions the interval is once per month. 90% clear already the other 10% is some pigmentation
350usd? and what kind of scars did you have?

• +1
Reactions: Father47
350usd? and what kind of scars did you have?
Im in Asia so it is relatively cheap, I had deep atrophic scars and dark red hyperpigmentation all over my skin

• +1
Reactions: Father47 and AySab
Subcision and filler
dont need subscision cuz scars arent that deep. Filler could be a possibility but i doubt I will be needing it with PN serum + microneedling, Rejuran S mesotherapy and CO2 laser.

this post was before I actually did some research.

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular