whats the difference between a high bsso and a normal bsso (obwegeser technique)?

.👽.

.👽.

everyone can get a GF except me💔
when i google it i only find research paper but my 14yo brain cant comprehend it:feelstastyman:
@imdo do u know it?

i mean is one technique better than the other one in terms of looksmaxxing? i know that obwegeser increases the bigonial width

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Deleted member 4614
Every surgeon prefers the normal BSSO over the L Osteotomy because it involves more of the nerve attachment and less masseter muscle during advancement. Basically less risk of nerve damage. Regarding aesthetics, I’m not sure.
A93DC52F D466 4E65 AB30 178FF72E9796

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, LastHopeForNorman, Gaia262 and 4 others
when i google it i only find research paper but my 14yo brain cant comprehend it:feelstastyman:
@imdo do u know it?

i mean is one technique better than the other one in terms of looksmaxxing? i know that obwegeser increases the bigonial width
are u getting bsso soon? tell me how it went

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and .👽.
Rip I’m getting bimax in 3 months already know I’m getting botched:feelswhy:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and .👽.
I actually read a while back that it’s the opposite. ‘Injury to the inferior alveolar nerve is much less likely with a vertical ramus procedure than with a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy.’

I would have probably roped by now if my surgery was delayed as much as yours has 😅

is not the same cut

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Which one is safer as far as blood loss and major complications (not nerve damage) is concerned?

• +1
I actually read a while back that it’s the opposite. ‘Injury to the inferior alveolar nerve is much less likely with a vertical ramus procedure than with a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy.’

I would have probably roped by now if my surgery was delayed as much as yours has 😅
you don't know how painful this is bro:hnghn: cancelled 2 days before and shiet

• +1
hey since you are considering chin wing it would be useful for you to know doing the normal bsso cut will make it harder to perform chin wing for obvious reasons
if you are considering it you might want the deeper cut.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.